• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

i once had a bum rattle out NSX spec to me at a Shell gas station. I was soo suprize he knew about my car. "dude that cars the NSX, V6 with 270 hp. thats was like a 90k car back 10 years ago. Man you must pick up alot of chicks with that car huh?" lol I gave him like 10$

HHaha I had a bum come up to me at a gas station once - he's all "two hunddad thousand?" im like what? he says "That car, how much $200K?" Im like yea buddy and shake my head and he walks off... :eek:

went to subway to read and eat, saw my neighbor who always admires my car and i said hi. some random guy tells my neighbor its an acura, not a ferrari. i tell him its a honda.

random guy: acura, honda, same thing right?
me: right
guy: what year is that?
me: its a 97
guy: its nice. i got a 07
me: oh yeah?

i was going to correct him, but i didnt wana keep a conversation with a dumbass :rolleyes:

actually my story isnt funny, but 2 guys in a stock 350z said they'd smoke my car and that it was a piece of cr@p. i know they are hating but i find it funny now. i just said good job and wow then they threatened to beat me up. oh well, funny thing is that when they pulled up a few cars behind me i saw them checking out the car and pointing to it. first time encountering haters in the x.

actually my story isnt funny, but 2 guys in a stock 350z said they'd smoke my car and that it was a piece of cr@p. i know they are hating but i find it funny now. i just said good job and wow then they threatened to beat me up. oh well, funny thing is that when they pulled up a few cars behind me i saw them checking out the car and pointing to it. first time encountering haters in the x.

Gotta love the haters man! I had one today. I work at a coffee shop (learning the ins and outs of the business, as I will be opening one next year) and so I always park out front. It's funny, b/c everyone assumes I own the place.

Well today, there's this greddy turbo eclipse that pulls up and scopes it out (I ALWAYS have the X in eyes view) he circles it, snaps a few pictures and leaves. About 20 minutes later he comes back. Comes inside and orders a drink, staring at me, he finally says "you know my car could whoop yours right"

(oh god, here we go)

well he made me chuckle, b/c what kind of jackass says something like that. I look at him and say "You've got a nice car, however I got out of the kiddie cars about 4 years ago, when I sold my turbo GSR"

welllllllllll that didnt go over to well, he responded by saying, my nsx is slow and he could do this and that with his car.

(i have become a master at tuning people out, when I'm in my happy bubble)

I hear him say one thing that caught my ear...and that was

Your car probably isnt a lingenfelter.....

I look at him and ask...Lingenfelter?? uhhh...do you think my car is some vette?????

"yeah, i know it's one of the newer ones"

at that point I told him to leave, for disrespecting my car, as well as every car enthusiast ever.

I hear him say one thing that caught my ear...and that was

Your car probably isnt a lingenfelter.....

I look at him and ask...Lingenfelter?? uhhh...do you think my car is some vette?????

"yeah, i know it's one of the newer ones"

at that point I told him to leave, for disrespecting my car, as well as every car enthusiast ever.

hahaha, i would have loved to be there for that:biggrin:

i get this alot..."i didn't know Honda made a car like that"

The other day a girl's purse hit my car and my car alarm gave a warning beep whcih startled her. She then looked to me and said, "sorry, nice Ferrari":biggrin:

i get this alot..."i didn't know Honda made a car like that"

The other day a girl's purse hit my car and my car alarm gave a warning beep whcih startled her. She then looked to me and said, "sorry, nice Ferrari":biggrin:

was she hot?

as I was pulling into the dealership I work at, one of the salespersons yells out, "hey I was gonna buy an nsx yesterday but the guy selling it didn't have change for a dollar" I then turned around and said, "this coming from the douchebag that drives the ford escape on 20's, beat-it you filthy mullet".. He instantly tucked his tail between his legs when all the other salespeople around exploded with laughter and pointing!! It felt great!

Last edited:
I voted tonight. On the way out, one of the people handing out leaflets said, "We're performing an exit poll: What kind of car is that?"

Actually, they were passing out leaflets for the constable candidates. When I drove in I had rolled down the window and asked them, "Which one is softer on speeders?"

Every day, another story.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Several months back i was stopped at a red light when a bum (older veterano) yells at me from the corner........

bum- hey!!!!
me- yes!
bum- thats a firme lamborghini!!!!
me- wanting to laugh but instead I smiled and said, "thank you" while i drove off!!

While at a stop light yesterday the person in the car next to me started honking their horn. I looked over and this older Asian lady started clapping her hands and then started to point at my car. :biggrin: Then she started giving me "OK" sign. Light changed and she drove off. It was funny.:biggrin:

I went to a pub on Tuesday around 9PM, parked, and was getting ready to get out of the car when these two Asian kids, one looked about 10, the other about 8, came out of nowhere and ran to the front of the car with camera in hand.

They stopped in their tracks when they realized I was still sitting in the car and one yelled "Can I take a picture of your car?!" :biggrin:

Haha so I got out and let them take some pictures. It was really interesting because they knew alot about the car and talked with a certain maturity that I seldom see. I didn't see any adults in sight :confused:

Then they wanted a picture of me because I was in uniform and they had never seen that before. :tongue:

I went to a pub on Tuesday around 9PM, parked, and was getting ready to get out of the car when these two Asian kids, one looked about 10, the other about 8, came out of nowhere and ran to the front of the car with camera in hand.

They stopped in their tracks when they realized I was still sitting in the car and one yelled "Can I take a picture of your car?!" :biggrin:

Haha so I got out and let them take some pictures. It was really interesting because they knew alot about the car and talked with a certain maturity that I seldom see. I didn't see any adults in sight :confused:

Then they wanted a picture of me because I was in uniform and they had never seen that before. :tongue:

what kind of uniform do you wear?

I got that "That's a Honda/Acura?" thing a lot... Even though I don't have any H or A emblems on the outside. People peek in to see the inside and notice the Acura on the steering wheel.

I actually have a "shield" type of emblem on the front, and I've had people think its a Porsche :rolleyes:

But the funniest... has to go out to my ex.

"I don't like your car, its so old and outdated with the pop-up headlights. Doesn't look expensive."

I got that "That's a Honda/Acura?" thing a lot... Even though I don't have any H or A emblems on the outside. People peek in to see the inside and notice the Acura on the steering wheel.

I actually have a "shield" type of emblem on the front, and I've had people think its a Porsche :rolleyes:

But the funniest... has to go out to my ex.

"I don't like your car, its so old and outdated with the pop-up headlights. Doesn't look expensive."

hmmmm something must be wrong with your nsx than ;)

Greetings

Last night I had a blow out on the way home -- spare will not fit rear wheel and under extended warranty, so I called Acura for Roadside Assistance. The lady was polite, but had no idea what kind of car it was. She made a comment back to me "Like the band" or "Like the Rock Band". I think she though I was saying INXS. I didn't get what she said while on the phone, but after sitting there for a few minutes waiting for the haul, it struck what she said and I had to laugh. Ran over something that cut a 2 - 3 inch gash in the tire -- it deflated immediately with a bang (heard over the exhaust).

Here is a picture. No damage done. Extended warranty covered the tow and wheel change. Road hazard covered the tire.

Cheers,
Martin

Attachments

• IMG00040.jpg
    IMG00040.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 401
Greetings

Last night I had a blow out on the way home -- spare will not fit rear wheel and under extended warranty, so I called Acura for Roadside Assistance. The lady was polite, but had no idea what kind of car it was. She made a comment back to me "Like the band" or "Like the Rock Band". I think she though I was saying INXS. I didn't get what she said while on the phone, but after sitting there for a few minutes waiting for the haul, it struck what she said and I had to laugh. Ran over something that cut a 2 - 3 inch gash in the tire -- it deflated immediately with a bang (heard over the exhaust).

Here is a picture. No damage done. Extended warranty covered the tow and wheel change. Road hazard covered the tire.

Cheers,
Martin

So the spare does NOT fit on the rear???

Greetings

Cheers,
Martin

At least your car is okay.

Back