• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

Its good to keep your composure...they were obviously envious and were trying to provoke a reaction from you. Congrats on the article.

Thanks. Today was again of photo session for another magazine. My SoS SC NSX is first supercharged in Europe. And she's perfect.

Aw man...I got a GREAT one today at a show..

Kid (about 13/14 years old): How much did the Ferrari conversion cost you?
Me: (thinks, thinks, thinks) 1.4 Million
Kid (runs back to his dad): Told you dad!

:eek:

I have an 02 black Thunderbird, that does look like the Batmobile from inside, but i digress. I got my NSX about 4 months ago, and took my 10 year old daughter, and 9 year old son out for rides. Molly thought it was cool and dubbed it the mini car, as it is so short. Luke (who will be an engineer some day) kept watching me shift, and asking why I kept moving the shifter. I had forgotten that the last manual we had was my oldest sons, and he left for collage 7 years ago, so they had never see anything but an automatic, so I did my best to explane why. Never the less, after checking out the rest of the car, inside and out, Luke proclaimed it "Awesome". Then I asked if he would like to drive it when he is in High School (I was kidding) he said "NO". I said "why" He said "because it's a manual, not an automatic".:eek:

lol! he would need to find out the joy of manuals and that's your job! :smile:

Guy #1: "It's a FERRARI!!!!"
Guy #2: "NOOO....it's only a replica"

:mad::frown::confused::rolleyes::tongue:

Was at my buddies Birthday party, me and him are NSX fanatics,, anyway were always talking about them,( he doesnt have one ), his daughter 17 asked whats the big deal over these cars,, we both look at her with a look,, while we were looking at my black one, she said " my boyfriends (1998)i think) civic SI has Vtec in it, and chrome rims" and hes getting a muffler thiny put on soon" we looked at her and then i had to show her my 0-60 while her boyfriend was sitting on his hood watching,, we got back like 2 minutes later she got out and said to her boyfriend "that blows yours outta the water" " Now i see why" she says to her dad ,,was funny to be there and see the boyfriends face when she said that to him

Had to tow my nsx yesterday cause I blew the main radiator hose. Called AAA assuming they'd know what an NSX was and to make sure a flat bed truck was sent. They ended up sending a regular tow truck and when the guy pulls up to the house I hear him yell to dispatch, "Dispatch, this is a Ferrari, not an RSX...I am NOT going to tow this thing." :rolleyes:

Ah, was yours the one I saw at Niguel Motors? Ramon said some one blew a hose and was replacing them all.

Last edited:
I over heard the smog tech in the background on the phone asking where the engine was when the owner had to get the car smoged. He said the back and the smog tech guy said "I thought this was a honda".

I was at a stoplight last week and I saw a couple 20 year old kids walking across the street, no shirts and IQ's that probably weren't any higher than their age. They were staring at the car and then one got the nerve, crouched down, looked in the window and asked ".. is that an Enzo Ferrari, man?". I should have been quicker with my wit, but I made the mistake of setting him straight, which of course just made him more confused... As they were walking away, the other two-watt made some comment about a Ferrari wanna-be.... Well at least they were close :rolleyes:.

I was at a stoplight last week and I saw a couple 20 year old kids walking across the street, no shirts and IQ's that probably weren't any higher than their age. They were staring at the car and then one got the nerve, crouched down, looked in the window and asked ".. is that an Enzo Ferrari, man?". I should have been quicker with my wit, but I made the mistake of setting him straight, which of course just made him more confused... As they were walking away, the other two-watt made some comment about a Ferrari wanna-be.... Well at least they were close :rolleyes:.

You have an NSX in Montana? Are you the one and only? :smile:

I visited Lewistown in about 1980 for Christmas, after my mom married a guy who lived there. It was a truck place.

You have an NSX in Montana? Are you the one and only? :smile:

I visited Lewistown in about 1980 for Christmas, after my mom married a guy who lived there. It was a truck place.
Definitely a lot of trucks. I have one also. Lot of gophers on the highway also... After reading the posts of highway patrols giving grief about license plates, following NSX's, etc. this is a pretty good place to have one. Miles and miles of good roads to stretch her legs. :biggrin: I've driven a lot of great, winding roads that have been an absolute thrill with no worries (except those gophers which I keep an eye out for. Would do a lot of damage at speeds...., well at speeds above the posted limit :rolleyes:)

The only one, no. Not sure of all of them, but at least 6 and possibly up to 15.

I head to Lewistown a few times a year to drag race (not the NSX).

See the snow in my Avatar pic? That was probably May of this year. Although most of the summer is mid 80's to mid 90's.

Another post. Me being in the military you dont see many guys owning an NSX. I recently just transfered duty station to Japan. Now its rare enough to find a NSX on a military base but a U.S spec on a military base.

I know what you mean. I'm stationed in Germany (used to be stationed in Japan). Have had my '02 in Germany since 2nd week of July, and I get constant stares on and off base. I get the impression that most Germans have never seen an NSX in person or even heard of them. I can't wait to get my daily driver/beater car, so I get the stares only on the weekends.

Interestingly, not one German has asked me about the car -- they just stare. On base, though, I've gotten a couple "I thought it was 'Vette at first!". One complete dumb@ss said it was a weird car because the front looked like a 'Vette, and the back looked like a truck. I don't know why I kept talking to him.

At a car show a few weeks ago, had a variation of the ever popular 'vette confusion...

One guy walked around looking and then asked, "what year did they move the [corvette's...I assume] engine to the BACK!??!"

Everyone here knows how the rest of that discussion goes trying to explain an NSX to someone who has never heard of one...

Dave
'04 Rio Yellow / Onyx

Two-watt?! That's too funny. I'm gonna store that one in my special vocabulary vault. While I geniunely like people and my profession (human resources) demands being respectful and discrete, there are times and places I just gotta say it like it is. :biggrin:

...One complete dumb@ss said it was a weird car because the front looked like a 'Vette, and the back looked like a truck. I don't know why I kept talking to him.

You know what? I agree. The back does look like a tiny little pickup bed with a cover and a spoiler. I was looking at trucks as I drove my hottie around yesterday, and the guy's kinda right. :biggrin:

When I took my 05 to Asheboro, NC last year, a dumb redneck said to me:

"Is that like a Corvette, but CHEAPER???"

You know what? I agree. The back does look like a tiny little pickup bed with a cover and a spoiler. I was looking at trucks as I drove my hottie around yesterday, and the guy's kinda right. :biggrin:

Yeah, but for some reason, still slightly offensive coming from someone completely clueless about the NSX.
icon11.gif

"What is that"
I reply, "it's an Acura NSX"
"Wow, that's a Honda. It looks like someone put a Corvette and a Ferrari in a blender and that popped out."
The funny thing is, he was kinda right.

I took my NSX to a local car show on Wednesday evening (at one of those every Wednesday night in the summer kinda events at a local business parking lot), and these 4 young teenages, two boys & two girls... couples??, came up to the car and were looking it over, glushing compliments, and asking the usual questions, e.g., what is it, how fast, etc.,

One of the girls asked what year it was, and when I told her it was a '93 and probably the same age as her, she exclaimed with dismay, "Wow, and it's still so beautiful". To that, one of the boys said, "Yea, don't you wish we could say that about you!!" She proceeded to smack him upside the head and literally knocked him on his ass. Everyone got a good laugh out of it... but, I doubt he got lucky that evening :smile:

-Wick

I took my NSX to a local car show on Wednesday evening (at one of those every Wednesday night in the summer kinda events at a local business parking lot), and these 4 young teenages, two boys & two girls... couples??, came up to the car and were looking it over, glushing compliments, and asking the usual questions, e.g., what is it, how fast, etc.,

One of the girls asked what year it was, and when I told her it was a '93 and probably the same age as her, she exclaimed with dismay, "Wow, and it's still so beautiful". To that, one of the boys said, "Yea, don't you wish we could say that about you!!" She proceeded to smack him upside the head and literally knocked him on his ass. Everyone got a good laugh out of it... but, I doubt he got lucky that evening :smile:

-Wick

hahaha ouch! what a dumbass... lol :rolleyes::biggrin:

My g/f begrudgingly refers to the NSX as "the ring".

Because I got the NSX instead of getting her a ring. She always asks me if I am taking "the ring" to the track this weekend? :cool:

Back