• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

I've put "H" badges on both of my NSX's (my '91 when I had it, and now my '03).

It really gets people confused.... they have no idea what to think. I can't believe how many people have never even seen an NSX up close.... having a Honda badge on there really gets them confused. So many people thought my '91 was a brand new car.

I find most encounters happen at gas stations...

Just imagine if you replaced the "H" emblem with a prancing horse. That may not confuse most people. They may actually think it's a Ferrari.:eek:

one time at a gas station, i walk out of the store and found older couple checking out my car. when i walked up, they said... "cool firebird"

few years back. im driving(fast-ish) on a local interstate, and i see this f430 hauling ass and auto-crossing around traffic. i caught up to him and started following, he fairly quickly tried to pull away, but couldnt, we were side by side till the bridge was over. he rolled down his window and yelled at me "thats a fast NSX" my girlfriend laughed and said... "its nissan", he looked confused and rolled his window up. (he looked 25-30yo)

day after i finished building it, on my way to alignment shop...
at a red light a guy in a SUV looks down (i had no tint at the time)
"did someone steal your interior" (with a very serious face)
i didnt know how to reply lol
(car only had driver seat, dash, cage and steering wheel)

but, now its gone, and im $14k closer to getting my NSX

6970660251_medium.jpg
6970660253_medium.jpg

Last edited:
one time at a gas station, i walk out of the store and found older couple checking out my car. when i walked up, they said... "cool firebird"

few years back. im driving(fast-ish) on a local interstate, and i see this f430 hauling ass and auto-crossing around traffic. i caught up to him and started following, he fairly quickly tried to pull away, but couldnt, we were side by side till the bridge was over. he rolled down his window and yelled at me "thats a fast NSX" my girlfriend laughed and said... "its nissan", he looked confused and rolled his window up. (he looked 25-30yo)

day after i finished building it, on my way to alignment shop...
at a red light a guy in a SUV looks down (i had no tint at the time)
"did someone steal your interior" (with a very serious face)
i didnt know how to reply lol
(car only had driver seat, dash, cage and steering wheel)

but, now its gone, and im $14k closer to getting my NSX

6970660251_medium.jpg
6970660253_medium.jpg

LOL, you have to admit the blacked out roof of your S13 looks very Nsx-ish. Nice car, I had a 92. In fact I still consider myself a Nissan guy (past cars: S13, Z32, R32, Pathfinder, prob next car will be R35). Good luck in gettin your nsx.

this is kinda funny...maybe... i had a guy wreck from rubbernecking at my car. he was pulling straight across the road in front of me and stopped when he saw me coming half way across the road. he let me pass and then proceeded to finish crossing the road not realizing that another car was still in front of him. he T-boned the other car without even looking.

THIS IS FRESH, got minutes ago:

Him: "Is that a HONDRRR?"
Me: "Yes"
Him: "What kind of Honda, never seen, must be a new car right?"
Me: "well, it was an Acura, but i did rebadged b/c in the end is just a Honda"
Him: "This are rare, this is the car from Fast and Furious right?"
Me: "Yes they are, took me years to find mine"
Him: "Niceeee"
Me: "Thanks"

I was going to do a U-turn, then he changed 3 lanes, u-turned and followed me for a while lol then passed me and turned around ... his GF was quite annoyed hahaha
:)

Oscar

I was rolling past a quickie-lube place one day in slow traffic. One of the guys who worked there was sitting out front taking a break. He spotted the NSX and his eyes just locked right on it. As I go by he screams " F***'n NSX ! " at the top of his lungs.

Funny thing was his hottie teenage girlfriend was walking across the lot to him and was TOTALLY PISSED OFF that he was paying attention to the car instead of her.

The look on her face was priceless. :tongue:

This happened last week as I sat at a red light in Lake Forest, CA. No words were spoken, just gestures.

Two guys were walking in the crosswalk in front of me. As they started, to my right, one of them put his arm out in front of him and turned his palms up. They kept walking and when they got in front of me they both had their arms out but with their palms down and bowed their heads. :biggrin:

This happened last week as I sat at a red light in Lake Forest, CA. No words were spoken, just gestures.

Two guys were walking in the crosswalk in front of me. As they started, to my right, one of them put his arm out in front of him and turned his palms up. They kept walking and when they got in front of me they both had their arms out but with their palms down and bowed their heads. :biggrin:

Those 02+ Blue NSX's do that, that color is stunning!
Oscar

Did they act like this ? lol :tongue:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/-FucbvoFFy0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/-FucbvoFFy0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

My wife and I were at Ferrari/Lamborghini of Washington today. Funny thing was, there were more people outside looking at my NSX than there were inside looking at the cars in the showroom.

I was sitting in my car at a drive-true and I saw this young kid on a skate board approaching. He goes to the back of the car and the comes back to my window. Here is how the conversation went.

Skater- Nice car. Is that the ACURA nsx
Me- Thanks. Yes it is
Skater- You should of gotten the Honda NSX there much faster
Me- There both the same
Skater- Oh ok but the Honda has a different body.
Me- No they are all Honda's and are all the same. They are badged as Honda in Japan and Acura in North America.
Skater- Ok. All I know is that's a f...ing nice car.

He then walks back to his buddies and I here him say. It's an NSX and it's a f...ing nice car,

I was sitting in my car at a drive-true and I saw this young kid on a skate board approaching. He goes to the back of the car and the comes back to my window. Here is how the conversation went.

Skater- Nice car. Is that the ACURA nsx
Me- Thanks. Yes it is
Skater- You should of gotten the Honda NSX there much faster
Me- There both the same
Skater- Oh ok but the Honda has a different body.
Me- No they are all Honda's and are all the same. They are badged as Honda in Japan and Acura in North America.
Skater- Ok. All I know is that's a f...ing nice car.

He then walks back to his buddies and I here him say. It's an NSX and it's a f...ing nice car,

Must of been a Gran Turismo player hehe. In GT the Honda NSX is always faster than the Acura NSX lol. Although it's cool he complemented your car :).

A few weeks ago I got a smile and a thumbs up from what must have been a 10 to 12 year old girl in the neighborhood.

In 10-20 years she's going to be some lucky guy's special girlfriend or wife.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

So I stopped in my local Nissan dealer yesterday because they had a GTR sitting out by the road and I hadn't seen one close-up yet. I pulled in and a salesman asked if he could look at my car as he had never seen a NSX up close. I obliged and a few minutes later the sales-manager walked out and the first thing he said to me was...

"You have the better car."

I thought to myself, that's not a way to entice me to buy your car with the $85K sticker that I'm standing here looking at.

One of my friends said " I love your car!! I want to F it up the tailpipes" and I said your load might F up the engine lol

I have a Honda badge on the back of my car and and I was driving down Main St. in Huntington Beach and a couple walked by my car and were trying to figure out my car and walked past me and the guy was like "IT'S A HONDA!!" :biggrin:

Another time I was at work and a lady walks up to it and wants to see the engine so I open it up and instantly she says, "NOS, you have nitrous?" I was like DAMN...how did she know, it's obvious but, damn. Apparently her brother works at NOS.

With my first NSX, my neighbor (female) commented

"How cute...where do you put the batteries"

DSC00159-1.jpg

And on my current NSX, I overhead two females talking to each other as they were walking into a restaurant saying

"I know what kind of car that is, It's the New Honda Hybrid"

028-1.jpg

Because of the Hybrid Audio sticker and the Honda badges I guess.

With my first NSX, my neighbor (female) commented

"How cute...where do you put the batteries"

DSC00159-1.jpg

And on my current NSX, I overhead two females talking to each other as they were walking into a restaurant saying

"I know what kind of car that is, It's the New Honda Hybrid"

028-1.jpg

Because of the Hybrid Audio sticker and the Honda badges I guess.

Hahahaha... that second one is great. This is really a perfect example of something I think is a very funny quirk in human nature. Everyone really wants to be "an expert", even in the moment. Time and again you'll see this happen the "cheapest" way... They'll be observant enough to grab onto some small detail (to their credit, most folks cant even do THAT) and then just RUN with it cranking the embellishment up to the max. I've worked in technology for 20 years and got my start when I was a young kid (thanks to my dad), focused on it in school, obsess over it, etc, so technology is reflexive for me. You see this tendency most frequently in that area. Hanging around the PC (or even Mac) section of a Best Buy can be really amusing for this. The amount of "informed misinformation" (as I like to call it) is THROUGH THE ROOF.

Ive got to say in all my years own NSX's, most folks I've run into either knew exactly what it was, or just asked what it was. I've gotten "hey! Thats a Lambo right!?" and I think we've all gotten the "new Corvette" thing, but that stuff is pretty tame.

I do find that the vast majority of people are very positive on the car and want to chat. For a while I had full aero kit 911 and it gets a lot of attention as well (despite the fact that Porsche's are kind of everywhere in NY/NJ/PA/CT), but I think with the 911 people make assumptions about the driver and don't approach. The most I got with that thing was "damn... nice Porsche!"

Last edited:
Here's a couple recent ones:

"They went outside to look at the Ferrari."

"Holy s@#t! That's an Acura?"

:tongue:

Last edited:
One kid said to another when he saw my car (don't think he knew it was mine - or did he?!).

Kid 1: Wow, nice car!
Kid 2: Probably couldn't afford a Ferrari.

I didn't go there... :rolleyes:

My friend and I both stopped for gas at Wawa the other day. A guy came out and said "Wow, I've never seen two ferrari's here at one time". I told him they were Honda's and he was pretty shocked. Then as he was walking away he said "I'm still telling people I saw two Ferrari's" :tongue:

Back