• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

Yesterday I displayed my NSX at a combined Air/Car show a few miles east of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>. It was a good combination, and a gorgeous day.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
As usual, I opened the hood and engine compartment, but left the trunk locked. When returning to my car after watching an amazing display of aerobatics I heard one guy telling another, “See, it’s like I told you; part of the engine is up front, and the rest in is the back.”
<o:p> </o:p>
I declined to enter into that discussion.

Yesterday I displayed my NSX at a combined Air/Car show a few miles east of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>. It was a good combination, and a gorgeous day.[/ONT]
<?xml:namespace prefix = o s = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>[FOT=Times New Roman]
</o:p>
[SIZ=3]As usual, I opened the hood and engine compartment, but left the trunk locked. When returning to my car after watching an amazing display of aerobatics I heard one guy telling another, “See, it’s like I told you; part of the engine is up front, and the rest in is the back.”[/SIZE]
<o:p>[FONT=Times New RomanSIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]</o:p>
[SIZE=3 I declined to enter into that discussion.[/SIZE]

Um u might want to stop using microsoft word to compose your messages... it puts tons of garbage in your message... its barely readable. :rolleyes:

...When returning to my car after watching an amazing display of aerobatics I heard one guy telling another, “See, it’s like I told you; part of the engine is up front, and the rest in is the back.”

I declined to enter into that discussion.

^That is funny.:smile:

hmmmm.....I'm not so sure they aren't partially right

Wouldnt the radiator be considered part of the cars engine?? What about the battery?

Yep, that's true. :smile: Maybe that's just what the guy was thinking.

got my first one today.

a lady walked by my car and said to me. "Cute Car!"

Cute!?! I bought a cute car?

yea ive heard that a few times..... not sure what it means.... lol :confused:

a couple weeks ago i bought my 91 nsx on the first night out a woman yelled " you must get alot of "action" in that car, i replied i dont know i just bought it, lol, her reply was " i know if i had that car i would get alot of action" i just smiled at her...

i also had some kid in front of home depot call the nsx "cute" to be honest i wanted to go off on him but im sure he was just a jealous idiot...

last but not least i was dropping my friend off on Saturday night and a brand new 911 convertible pulls next to me both guys look over and i hear the driver say thats a nice car to the passenger, just when i thought we were going to have some fun he declined... he must have thought it was a ferrari hahaha.

It *is* very strange that the NSX was hailed as revolutionary by the media when it came out, and yet so few were sold around the world. People recognize it when they see it quite often, just never wanted to take the plunge and pick one up I guess. Their loss! :smile:

You can be technical if you want, but time is not a factor in my book! :biggrin:

The essence of the NSX was in the beginning stages of development in '84 when the MR2 hit the market. Of course, the MR2 had been in development itself for nearly 8 years, but IMHO Toyota missed the mark.
Sure, it was a great little car for chicks, :tongue: but the MR2 had NOTHING that could compare it to the NSX! :wink:

+1
NSX were built more likely as competitor of Ferrari F50. And IMHO outcompeted it.

MR2's. no offense but is a TOTALLY different class of car all together? why bother even talking about? ... maybe comparing with S2k's, maybe ... don't care if the Mr2 is MR ... so is also the HONDA BEAT right?

NSX are comparable with 348's 355's C4's and C5's corvettes as well the 911's until the low 2000's ....

Oscar

So driving home on my initial 2000 mile voyage, I stopped in a rest "oasis" very close to home. As I'm exiting the building, I see a guy in his early 30's walking in with his wife and he turns and runs back past his car to get a look at mine. He walks around to the back, nods, see me walking up and the conversation starts like this...

Guy: That you car?
Me: Yes, it is.
Guy: How were you able to buy it? My wife says that Integras aren't street legal in the US.

So I politely explained to him that the Integra was Acuras entry level car from 1986 until 2001 when the moniker was dropped. I also explained that what he was looking at was a NSX which was built from 1991 until 2005 and that while there were Japanese only production models such as the Type-S and Type-R that weren't imported by Honda into the US, that from '91-'05 they were sold in the US at Acura Dealers.

I then let him poke around the car and snap a few pictures while I answered questions for him.

^^such a complicated answer.

I'd just say they are legal.

^^such a complicated answer.

I'd just say they are legal.

I gave him more than an answer, he walked away with an education! :biggrin:

Yesterday some lady in an oncoming car was rubbernecking as I went past and I noticed she had some other people in the car and I saw her mouth the words "what is that???" It was pretty funny. I think that was the first time I noticed a female actually turn their head.

When I first bought my NSX , I got a partial tax bill from city hall. They will issue you a partial tax bill based on how many months are left in the fiscal year rather than the full 12 months. I went to town hall to pay the bill , but curiosity got the better of me and I asked the clerk how much this was going to cost for a full year so I would be prepared for the big bill next year.

The clerk looked it up and exclaimed " This can't be right for a 1991 Acura ...."

I said " Go ahead and change it if you like , I don't care " :wink:

No luck. The VIN did not lie , I paid the full book value. :frown:

lol, i tried the same 'it is only an acura...' line myself in similar situation- they didn't budge although they checked their books several times:rolleyes:

I've put "H" badges on both of my NSX's (my '91 when I had it, and now my '03).

It really gets people confused.... they have no idea what to think. I can't believe how many people have never even seen an NSX up close.... having a Honda badge on there really gets them confused. So many people thought my '91 was a brand new car.

I find most encounters happen at gas stations...

Met a new girl last night at a karaoke place. At the end of the night on our way out to our cars she says, "This is your car? You are not taking me out in this. It's a death trap!" Without thinking, I started to defend the car saying how it's actually very safe, has great breaks and the rest. Took about 2 minutes before I realized she had asked me out. :redface:

Pics or ban!

The kids just started back to school here recently. They were all standing at the bus stop today. When I pulled out of the neighborhood, I saw a bunch of them running down the sidewalk, chasing my car and screaming. :tongue:

Not exactly the funniest thing, but pretty funny none the less.

My wife: you know, if you sell that car youll never be happy with anything else

me: Ah, I'll find something I like better

1 year and 3 months later

I come home smiling from ear to ear

My wife: Whatd you do? Find a supra?
(I was looking for another mkiv turbo)

Me: nope

My wife: you bought another NSX didnt you

Me: come look at this car

My wife: (Smiles) I told you so.

BTW, She liked the NSX better than my previous cars as well which include 2 996s, a bunch of bimmers, and a new vette. Couldnt ask for a better wife.

Back