• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

That's beautiful!

2 comments I can recall are:

I stopped into a place to pick up a gift for a friend and was driving my NSX at the time. I ended up getting the number of the girl that rang up my purchase. We were going out on our first date and decided to meet at my place. When we were climbing into my Accord to head out, she put on her seat belt and said, "Awwwww, I thought we were going to take your Camaro!"

That's half a story! What succeeded that?

EDIT: btw... the comments/questions I hate the most ... "Is that a Ferrari?", "What kinda car is that... it looks like a vette or viper", "How fast have you gotten it up to?", "How much did you pay for it?", "Can I drive it?" and oh so many more... most have already been mentioned... lol[/QUOTE]

Every time you get annoyed with dumd comments, just think of your avatar!

"how much did you pay for it?"

Here's a good one:

"Dang...those new Firebirds are lookin' GOOD." :rolleyes:

EDIT: btw... the comments/questions I hate the most ... "Is that a Ferrari?", "What kinda car is that... it looks like a vette or viper", "How fast have you gotten it up to?", "How much did you pay for it?", "Can I drive it?" and oh so many more... most have already been mentioned... lol

Every time you get annoyed with dumd comments, just think of your avatar!

oh yes, that night will always be remembered :biggrin: ... and i'm actually learning to ignore them now :rolleyes: LOL

I saw this thread on another car forum and thought the replies were hilarious.

The funniest comment I had was last year, participating in the NSXCC's exotic car cruise. I was cruising through Niagara Falls when a family in a minivan pulled up next to me, saw my engine showing through the rear glass and the driver asked me if it got hot in my car with the engine in the 'back seat'. My answer was "yes" (too hard to explain an MR platform atm). :rolleyes:

LOL, I didn't read nothing but this first post because this was gonna be my EXACT anwser anyways. It seems at least once a week I get asked if it gets hot in there. I typically look at them like they got three freaking heads, I mean c'mon, how stupid can you be.

Yesterday at the gas station a guy pulls up to the adjacent pump when his passenger jumped out of the truck. He yelled out, "Whoa, I could just make love to your car's exhaust right now!" :redface: And then today, at yet another gas station, a "homeless" man was sitting outside by the entrance door. He had a sign next to him that read, "I dream and anticipate the taste of a T-bone steak hamburger. Please help and God bless." I went inside to pay for gas, he left his rest area, and proceeded over to the NSX and gave it a slow paced "walk around" and went back to his sitting area. As I tried to pump gas to no avail (I'm thinking that the store clerk didn't turn the pump ON) he yells out, "You need to push the nozzle further in and then the pump will put out the gas." I replied back that I was just waiting for her to turn on the pump. I then tried to "push" the nozzle in further...and sure enough, the gas pump turned on. :redface:

Yesterday at the gas station a guy pulls up to the adjacent pump when his passenger jumped out of the truck. He yelled out, "Whoa, I could just make love to your car's exhaust right now!" :redface: And then today, at yet another gas station, a "homeless" man was sitting outside by the entrance door. He had a sign next to him that read, "I dream and anticipate the taste of a T-bone steak hamburger. Please help and God bless." I went inside to pay for gas, he left his rest area, and proceeded over to the NSX and gave it a slow paced "walk around" and went back to his sitting area. As I tried to pump gas to no avail (I'm thinking that the store clerk didn't turn the pump ON) he yells out, "You need to push the nozzle further in and then the pump will put out the gas." I replied back that I was just waiting for her to turn on the pump. I then tried to "push" the nozzle in further...and sure enough, the gas pump turned on. :redface:

..you tip him? ;)

Pulling into the gas station. (Targa off). This gentleman at the next pump looks over and says, "Hey Tom Selleck, how's it going?"

My car is silver, not red. Guess he just figured all cars with a removable roof were the same car Tom Selleck drove.

He was just mad because he was driving a mazda.....er ford:biggrin:

Here's something that just happened over the weekend... As I was pulling up to a newly opened club here in town (called "The Suite") with a buddy of mine, I pulled past the door and seen one of our friends so I briefly stopped and started talking with her. The door guy (who we do NOT know) runs over to the car (NSX) and says "Man, I wish you guys would have called ahead, we would have reserved a spot for you in the front" :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Two great ones:

1) Parked at OC Ferrari picking up parts a middle aged couple ran up to the NSX and excitedly asked, "Which model is that?"

2) Parked I don't remember where..."How much did you have to pay to do the conversion??" Huh?? "How much did it cost you to move the engine to the back"

Sometimes words arent needed......

One time, i came out of an Albertsons and when i walked towards the car, i see prolly 10 kids on their bikes all parked in the back of my NSX looking at the car and when i click the unlock button on my remote, they all bolted off as if they stole something, hahaha..... i think its funnier if you were actually there.

Sometimes words arent needed......

One time, i came out of an Albertsons and when i walked towards the car, i see prolly 10 kids on their bikes all parked in the back of my NSX looking at the car and when i click the unlock button on my remote, they all bolted off as if they stole something, hahaha..... i think its funnier if you were actually there.

Maybe they did steal something!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :wink:

Some kids came up to me last weekend and said (they are about 9 maybe 10 years old)....."Damn mister, your car is pimp." "I want to be a pimp like you"

:biggrin:

Daam Hommie you look like your gona fly!

Look at that $250,000 Nsx there!

I though that was a lamborghini but its an Acura!

Wasn't that funny, but one time a redneck at 7/11 asked me, "is that a Nissan NX?" I said yup..

Yesterday I was parked at McDonalds eating inside with one of my co-workers. The youth who works the drive through comes up and the following converstion ensues:

kid: Is that your Ferrari parked out there?
me: No, I only drive a Honda and an Infiniti.
kid: Whatever, I know that's your Ferrari. A guy with a red corvette pulled up at the window and I told him that normally his car would be the coolest car I would see all day, but there is a Ferrari right over there. The corvette owner looks at it and says "If I had the new Z corvette, it would take the Ferrari." I told the corvette guy there is no way you could take the Ferrari.
me: That is true - nothing can beat a Ferrari. I assure you my car is a HONDA. If you look in the back of it there is a big engine that says HONDA on it.
kid: Yeah right, nice try. Cool car.

The funny thing is the vette guy and the kid had no idea it was not a Ferrari despite the fact the car was about ten feet away from the drive through.
BTW - THERE IS NO CAR FASTER THAN A FERRARI... :biggrin:

I will share three:

(1) I had just picked up my 91 NSX, Formula Red, in Reno, NV and was driving it back home to Nebraska.

I was about 10 miles west of Salt Lake City, UT cruising east on I-80. It was about 11 PM Mountain time, when a Utah State Trouper pulled me over. I was going about 5 MPH over the speed limit.

Since it was dark I put my hands open on the steering wheel, so they would be in plain sight. I waited for him to motion to me to roll down the window.

Trooper: " Where is your license plate?"
Me: "uh, I don't have one."
Trooper: "What do you mean you don't have one?"
Me: "I just purchased the car today in Reno and am driving it back home to Nebraska. There is a DMV transport document taped to the front window on the passenger side," pointing to it.
He flashed his light on it. To verify my story

Trooper: "What's so special about an NSX? Is it suppose to be super fast or something?"
Me: Trying to remain humble and not get a ticket "I'm not sure, but I'm sure it is the fastest car I've ever owned." (I figured telling him it should top out around 167 MPH wouldn't help my case, so I left that part out.)

In the mean time I pulled out the bill of sale and my proof of insurance.

He looked at the bill of sale and said, " you paid that for a 91?"

Me: "yes"

Trooper: looking at me like I'm an idiot, gave me back my paper work and said, "have a nice day."

I believe he felt sorry for me... that I was so stupid to pay that much money for a 17 year old car.... and here I thought I got the car for an incredible price, especially with the upgrades and low mileage, 38,500.

2) Last week while looking at houses.. the sales representative asked what type of car it was. I told him an Acura NSX. He then told me his wife purchased a Honda 2000 and asked if it was just below a Honda 2000. I told him the NSX was Honda's Super Car... he said he would have to get me together with his wife to see if the NSX could keep up.

3) My wife tells me I can no longer tell people that it is my little red Honda (if they haven't seen it). She says people picture a little red CRX, Civic or Accord in their minds... and it is cruel to lead them on.... But to be honest, most people have never seen or heard of an NSX, so they wouldn't know what it was either way... but I no longer tell people it is my "little red Honda."

i had a facebook account for sometime, usually i don't do much regarding those silly games or "gifts"... bored at work and I decided to "add my car"

surprisingly, someone up there ask a question of where he could get a new carpet... a stupid guy suggested him to go on internet and type Nissan carpet...... LOL, what an idiot...

While cruising downtown during a local car show, a mother with her little boy, probably about six.
Little boy; Wow mom, look at that corvette!
Mom; Well, it sure is! :rolleyes:

I really wanted to stop and explain, but it's just too much trouble... :tongue:

i showed my friend from peru a picture of a donkey and he said: "looks like a race horse"!

Back