• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats the funniest thing anyone's said about your car?

This is not what someone said, but what hey did...

When I bought my 2002 NSX from out of state, I had to have it smog'd before I could register it. Here in California, they put the cars on a dyno and run it at driving speed.

I take it to my favorite smog station and the technician pulls the car up and sets the front tires on the dyno rollers. I remain silent... watching out of the corner of my eye, trying not to laugh. The technician then pops the front hood, lifts it up, and stares at it for a second.

The owner of the smog station yells at him, "The engine is in the back on those."

So the technician pulls the car forward and puts the rear tires on the dyno rollers. Gets out, opens the trunk, and again, stares at it for a moment.

You had to see the look on this poor guys face... I finally stepped in (with a big grin.)

Priceless moment I bet.

aside from people thinking its a ferrari...

I would totally fuck you because of that car!

NSX... you are totally getting laid tonight! *thumbs up*

Nice car, I have a 700whp Civic and its faster than you and its on magazine covers and stuff. All my friends and friends of friends with Civics are faster than you too.

1991?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?! IT LOOKS BRAND NEW!!!!!!!

Heard this one yesterday from a fat guy in a camo colored lifted Ford truck. "Man the girls I would bang on the hood of your car!"

My reaction "Please don't":frown:

Best one to date while at NAPA getting parts for my shit box truck:

"Nice car! How many blondes per gallon does it get?" - 50+yr old parts guy

Last edited:
On our River Run event this past Sunday, we all stopped at a restaurant to eat. Most of the cars parked on one side of the restaurant and a few of us had to park on the other side. I ran back to my car to get something when a guy on a bike comes pedaling past the restaurant and I hear him say...."Holy sh!t, there's more of them.....I have a boner".

The car drew a crowd the first time I took it to the Acura dealership for servicing (I would’ve thought they’d be really used to them:confused:), and even the girl from the payment desk came out for a look.
I hadn’t really owned the car for very long, so when she asked me, “What’s it like to drive an NSX?” the only thing that I could think of to say was, “It doesn’t suck!”
I immediately thought I sounded douch-y; but she seemed satisfied with the answer.
:smile:

On our River Run event this past Sunday, we all stopped at a restaurant to eat. Most of the cars parked on one side of the restaurant and a few of us had to park on the other side. I ran back to my car to get something when a guy on a bike comes pedaling past the restaurant and I hear him say...."Holy sh!t, there's more of them.....I have a boner".

^That is funny! I really did laugh out loud. :biggrin:

FYI, my car is badged as a Honda, not an Acura. One night I was parked between a Porche and a Ferrari at this snooty wine bar. Dude walks by and looks at my car. He laughs and pantomimes dropping his pants and taking a crap on the hood of my car. I walk up and say "hi." He tells me "Hondas suck. Acuras are better." Guy then summons his ride from the valet. It's a Dodge Ram with a gasoline engine. I tell him, "You don't have the Cumins turbodiesel? Your truck sucks."

It's getting hot in Texas now. So I brought my 1993 NSX to window tint place to get it tinted. I was waiting in waiting room. The technician acme to me with negative looked on his face and told me "Sorry sir, I think we are not able to tint your NSX's rear window". I asked him "what happen?". He answered " We have NO access to your rear window". Me: "???????????".

It's getting hot in Texas now. So I brought my 1993 NSX to window tint place to get it tinted. I was waiting in waiting room. The technician acme to me with negative looked on his face and told me "Sorry sir, I think we are not able to tint your NSX's rear window". I asked him "what happen?". He answered " We have NO access to your rear window". Me: "???????????".
^:biggrin:

I saw this thread on another car forum and thought the replies were hilarious.

The funniest comment I had was last year, participating in the NSXCC's exotic car cruise. I was cruising through Niagara Falls when a family in a minivan pulled up next to me, saw my engine showing through the rear glass and the driver asked me if it got hot in my car with the engine in the 'back seat'. My answer was "yes" (too hard to explain an MR platform atm). :rolleyes:

Since I been driving my NSX to work more often lately and I don't have the engine cover on so I get this question a lot from my co workers. I always say there is glass between the engine bay and the seats. In addition they always ask me if it's loud since the I'm in the same compartment as the engine lol.

My wife and I stopped by a local ice cream shop for an ice cream, and a girls baseball group was having a car wash fund raiser. One girl came up and asked if they could wash my NSX (which was just freshly washed at home an hour before). I thanked them, but declined. Shortly after, while we were in line, one of the coaches who was running the event came over, asked a few basic questions about the NSX, then said "I'll bet you will pay $5 for them NOT to wash your car". I agreed and donated $10.

Pitted in the Paddock at Sears Point Raceway surrounded by hyper-dollar race cars. A 16yr old kid's first question to me: "how much money do you have in that car?".
I glared at his parents, his dad just shrugged and said: "he's young". I replied to his son: "Never ask a lady her age or a man how much he's spent on his race car".

Hanging with my 24 year old friend -she doesn't care about cars @ all- I show her a picture of the new NSX HYBRID CONCEPT and she says, "Oh, that new NSX looks more like an Acura, yours looks more like .... (and I am so hopeful she might say "___" ...) ... she said, looks more like a CORVETTE"

BAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH

That was funny as hell!

Oscar

PS: On her defense, she said our NSX's look more like sportscar. lol

I recently went to a car show and had numerous people tell me how nice my "corvette" was and an 8-10 year old kid walked up to me and said nice nsx! lol

I recently went to a car show and had numerous people tell me how nice my "corvette" was and an 8-10 year old kid walked up to me and said nice nsx! lol

That kid might be Enzo from the book The Art of Racing in the Rain if you know what I am talking about. :smile:

I just picked up my NSX last week and my wife and I stayed in Green Bay for the night. In the morning, I parked just outside the front door while my wife and I went in for a quick bite. A young boy around 12 years old asked if he could take photos of the car. I said "yeah no problem...take as many as you want" then my wife and I walked inside to eat.

When we came out and got back in the car, just before I sat down the kid leaned out from the passenger side of his mothers minivan and asked "Do you play for the Packers?"

Not funny, but this just happened to me. I came to a stop at a traffic light. As I'm sitting there jamming to one of my old mix tapes in the awesome cassette player...some guy gets out of his truck behind me, walks up to me and asks if I want to sell my car. He said it sounded great and when the light turned green I gave him a redline resonated test pipe earful of goodness. ;-)

Can I drive your car (non-joking type)?
To me that is very rude. People don't realize that sometimes people are too nice to say no. It puts one in a tough position. If I offer the person the key that is different story.

Ask them how'd they feel if you asked if you could sleep with their girlfriend. After they get all offended, tell them, "Yeah, well I feel just as offended when you ask that."

You wanna sit in it? = I get to see your GF naked

You wanna drive it? = I get to sleep with your GF.

:D

Back