• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Whats Up With Dali Racing???

Status
Not open for further replies.
jlindy said:
I still have hope that there is a logical explanation for all of this, but the longer it goes, the more it is looking like a duck.
I have to believe there is a logical explanation. However, I hate to see MJ lose business off of this due to not responding. He has spent quite a bit of time with me in answering questions and offering opinions, for which I'm grateful. I think I have placed somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 separate orders from him (multiple items in each order), and I have never received poor service or delivery. In fact, many times delivery was faster than what I expected. I'll continue to use MJ as a source until he proves me wrong.

I do have one tiny issue: I can't pick-up the phone and call him like I can with other vendors. While he has been great about responding via e-mail, there are some items (potential purchases) that I just can't bring myself to doing without a voice conversation, as e-mail has inherent constraints with context and the the exchange of ideas that a voice conversation does not. With that said, it's MJ's business and I'm sure he understands the pro's and con's of this in relation to lost/found sales.

I have to believe there is a logical explanation. However, I hate to see MJ lose business off of this due to not responding.

I ecourage you send Mark an email to respond to these concerns. Mark has seen this thread and refuses to respond to the legitamacy of our concerns. That tells me he has no defence he just has his invisible cloak to hide under.

This drives me crazy cuz I have never ordered from Dali and now I likely never will.

Thank you for helping those of us who have been wronged. I wish others would as would do the same thing. Just because he has not screwed you yet does not make Mark an honest business man, he is quite the opposite.

On another note, Dali claims to make "0 profit" for any of their products and that it is just for fun.

I don't think Mark ever claimed he made no money, he always stated he makes low margins. I am not sure if he counts those of us who pay for product and recieve nothing. To me that is pure profit.

I have met MJ personally and he actually threw me a free T-shirt @ NSXPO 02. BUT I also have NEVER bought anything from Dali either. And will not for the following reason.

Anyone who sells NSX parts exclusively is in a very small crowd. Those people in that small crowd ABSOLUTELY know what NSX Prime is and also know what is said on here. For these Dali threads to last this long and not 1 response from MJ shows me that he either does not care, or knows he is wrong, or is way over his head with being a business owner. All 3 reasons need to be dealt with by the same result.......resignation. It is sad to think he doesn't care, or that he really did rip people off, but if he is over his head with the business, get some help, admit your mistakes and move on. Silence kills customers. Hopefully everything will work out with those who have lost $$$. Til then, keep fighting.

Synergey004, I guess you live close enought to Mark in order to have your parts shipped. In the future I would ask you to shop else where until Mark Johnson realizes that he has to send people their orders once he has collected their money.

Thank you for helping those of us who are being mistreated/ robbed by Dali Racing.

I have ordered parts from MJ a couple times and never had any problems. The orders always come in later than planned but hey, I'm on the other side of the frikken planet here. I bet once the parts make into Miami, there is a dramatic slow down. Everything is run so half-assed in this city.

I can only say from personal experience that I have never had any issues with dealing with MJ.

I admit that most of my shopping is done via SoS, but thats cuz I've been getting stuff from Chris since day one.

But again. I can only speak from my personal experience. A few other NSXers that go to my Mech. have ordered parts from Dali and ASAIK have never had any problems.

Go figure.....

never have and never will...SOS, here i come...

I am another one in the "didn't use him and never will" list for a very simple reason -- I can get the parts elsewhere @ businesses that actually appreciate me spending my hard-earned money there. You know, I went to school and got a degree in Public Relations and this scenario seems to getting worse than the Valdez incident from the '80's. If there are problems with your customers [people who give you $$ for product(s)], you don't run and hide [by not answering emails or degrogatory threads you have clearly been made aware of], you confront the issue and deal with it the best that you can. If the problems were truly an accident or oversight, then by confronting them, you can at least not turn away prospective customers and possibly keep the ones you had. As far as rectifing this situation, simply step forward and if you choose not to site your reasons, the least you can do is make the orders right by either fulfilling the part request or refunding the money, but no action/no comment is a comment in and of itself.

Just as an update. The parts I ordered from MJ came in today. Although UPS just dropped them on my front porch and left without a signature:mad:

So, all in all, another good experience dealing with Dali. At least for me:)

I ordered cat replacement pipes from him last friday and they came in today. $100 cheapear than the others out there. I ordered COD, he had prompt replies to my questions on my orded and a tracking number the same day i ordered them. I am a new NSX owner and I am sorry to hear that others have had problems with him. Hopefully he will respond to them and make things right..

IF IN DOUBT ORDER COD YOU WILL NEVER GET BURNT!!!

I guess if everyone else is still getting parts that is further proof that Mark has no intentions of sending my parts that I ordered in June. Why should he? He has my money! One of the problems I had is that I could not order COD because I am out of country.

this isnt safeproof either

chriswtx said:
IF IN DOUBT ORDER COD YOU WILL NEVER GET BURNT!!!

I had a buddy order a flat screen stand and control box and in the box after paying the COD charge and the UPS leaving, he opened it to find a big Piece of wood I guess to imitate the weight of something being in there. Thats right he had got burned for a sum amount of money. To this date we could never track the scam artist down.

nothing is safe anymore, its just a big trust thing and being worried on when you send your hard earned money out wondering if it will be replaced with the item you hoped for. Trust no one until that person earns the right. Sometimes they will follow through but at somepoint someone will get burned and it can be anyone. MAybe not today or tomorrow but one day.

Be careful my fellow NSXers.

gil

I ordered shocks and springs from MJ , even with San Diego on fire and testing him and UPS by giving them the wrong zip code :) ( Never order parts online when you are half asleep ) , they still got to me somehow :cool:

Yes I did order COD, but according to my UPS guy once I open the box I automatically accept the shipment.

STLNSX, you must understand, we in Canada don't have the litegenous mind-set or facilities like in the States. We play hockey...if someone cheap-shots you, we don't wait for a proper constructed conclusion, we drop the gloves! Just kidding, but we can't COD up here, and despite Dali's claim that he won't ship until payment's recieved, for some people, he does just that. For others...nothing. I have a similar thread going, and in it I site CONSISTANCY. This is key to successful business. Customer A is happy. Customer B is not...50% success rate. Not good enough. Riprock and others represent a percentage of customers that are in the 'unsatisfied' column. If it were not getting what they thought they'd ordered, then I'd put it down to whining and not doing their research, but not getting anything?That's not the same thing at all. And I for one will not support or endorse a product or company that has even a small number of rightfully annoyed customers, specifically within the small NSX community. With just over 8000 of these cars in North America, and using the rule of thirds to ascertain the potential client-base that would use aftermarket parts, a dis-satisfied group of 5% (very low estimate considering the actual negative responses, but I'm trying to be fair) that's roughly 125 potentially angry customers with nothing in their hands, and that's too many for me. But people should do business with whomever they choose. And if it's with a company that hoops a number of their fellow enthusiasts, well, not everyone subscribes to the same morality. Freedom after all is a two-way street. So to all who got, and continue to recieve, their parts-congrats and happy motoring. Your opinions are just as valid as anyone elses. But try to consider how you might feel if you were the OTHER guy. To all the OTHER guys, the U.S. is based on basic freedoms, like freedom of choice and freedom of speech. I firmly believe you should exercise your CHOICE to SPEAK out against what is obviously an unfair situation. Good luck, and make mine SoS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back