• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What's your favorite area to sit to watch an NFL game (besides your couch :))

Taking my son his first NFL game... it's also my first. He's a big fan of football, but it's obviously a very different experience actually seeing a game vs. watching it on TV. I'm taking him to a pre-season (Pats vs. Eagles) so I won't feel like I have to make him stay if he decides he wants to go.

I currently have nosebleed seats in the 3rd tier at a corner. I have the opportunity to upgrade those to 3rd row 40 yard line for $150, however I'm not sure how great those are either. You can't really see plays develop without a bit of aerial view and the team on the sidelines is in your way when you're that low.

Besides elite box seats, your couch or a local bar, where do you like to sit when actually at a game?

I have had front row on the 20 yard line and spent the entire game watching and photographing the cheerleaders since if the teams weren't on the 20, you really couldn't see anything actually happening in the game itself.

I prefer top tier seats since you can see the plays develop, ideally between the 40s.

We have always sat near or in the endzone. I really like the seats that are on the goaline about 5 to 6 rows up. This gets the moving sideline camera out of your way as well and you can watch all the goaline action when they are on your side of the field. Near or in the endzone you can see the entire field and all the action, while keeping you close to the field. Whether you are in the nose bleeds or right on the field it is a great experience to share with your son.

Thanks guys, I think I'll keep what I have unless some upper seats between the 40s happen to come up at a reasonable price. Anything I should think about bringing apart from binoculars? Is a radio helpful?

I like the pressbox level. At least here in SD there are only 5-6 rows, the bathrooms and concessions are less crowded. Every play is shown on the jumbo tron and field announcer handles the important info, so I wouldn't bring a radio. Bring sunscreen, money and patience. I find pro football games in person as slow paced events. TV timeouts, and replays really kill the pace. That being said, it can be a lot of fun.

I have gone to the last two monster truck jams that have come through here. First of all I didn't think I'd like it. Turned out I loved it. The first year we were pretty close to the front seats, like third row... It was great. Second year we forgot to get tickets and ended up with seats near the top of the stadium, the show was good but it wasn't as involving as the first. It's hard to get perspective on height of jumps and such. Tickets went on sale for the following years show at 12 midnight on the day of the last show we went to. We bought tickets so this year we will be right in the front row, with earplugs in of course. It's crazy how the whole damn thing is about so many things, the hotdogs, and cotton candy... etc. It's fun for sure.

Back