• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel Centercaps ?

Hi everyone,

I have the aftermarket wheels and plan to powdercoated the whole wheels but want "A" logo on all the centercaps. Is there such the permenant "A" logo sticker for the aftermarket wheel centercaps? I would like them to look like Acura centercaps as possible.

Thank you for your help everyone,:smile:

you can get the little A emblems from your dealer. i think theyre about 14 each.
or you can have vinyl stickers cut at your mall kiosks. i think a number of guys on ebay can do thise for you too.

i dont recommend powdercoating rims if theyre using a high heat baking process.
the high heat will cause metal to expand & fatigue.
powdercoating wheels were really popular a while back but a lot of us learned the hard way when spokes were showing cracks a few weeks after - non-competition use.

re-finish wheels with paint.

i dont recommend powdercoating rims if theyre using a high heat baking process.

evof575gtc, this is my first powdercoating rims. I found a very respective company to do this for me. What degree of high heat were you referring to?

Morning,

Am not sure what your centercap looks like, but I wanted same thing and took a diff approach. Have ZEForged Mesh wheels and had the center cap engraved with the Acura calipers and then hand painted with black and clear automotive paint.

The cost of doing so was about $35/cap + two bottles of touchup paint.

TB

Have ZEForged Mesh wheels and had the center cap engraved with the Acura calipers and then hand painted with black and clear automotive paint.
TB

tonyb, I still don't get what you meant by above statement. Any picture to show me?

The factory "A" centercap size is about 67mm or 2 11/16 inches in diameter. My aftermarket centercap is 75mm or close to 3 inches. I might buy the "A" emblems at the dealer or ebay and xsuper glue them on my centercaps like evof575gtc mentioned.

Just tried half dozen times to take pics of my caps but it's dark here and the flash bounce from a polished aluminum center cap made pics terrible. This may explain it, advise if image is not clear and I'll resubmit in daylight.

Image 609 is the engraved/painted center cap
Image 610 is the ZEForged std center cap

TB

Attachments

• HPIM0609.jpg
    HPIM0609.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 60
  • HPIM0610.jpg
    HPIM0610.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 41
^^^Wow tonyb, I think you did a good job. It looks just like the factory or even better on large size centercap. I don't know how my will turn out like yours but I will give it a try in different ways. I really want "A" centercaps on my wheels.

Thank you for sending me those pictures, take care!:smile:

Contact Pacific Rims if you want them powder coated, with no worries, as they carry a lifetime warranty of the structural integrity of the wheels. I have used them for years and have excellent results. Check out their permastar finish, which is one of my favorites.
John :biggrin:

BTW - Don't want to mislead you re: my doing the engraving. ZEForged offered this as an option with their wheels. The factory ones were included with the wheels and the center caps were $35/ea shipped separately.

Check with the wheel mfgr (or even a diff one if you can provide dimensions with adequate tolerances) as this might be low cost/low risk option.

TB

Back