• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

I think these number are shipments to dealers and individuals in the US.
Looks like about 1/3 of shipments are really transfers of unsold cars to dealers who are listing them for sale on cars.com etc.
The actual sales pace of cars sold to individuals looks to be unknown at present.

These numbers are not shipments to dealers - they are actual sales. (Whether they are sales to somebody wanting to keep the car or some entity wanting to resell the car for profit is another matter.)
http://hondanews.com/honda-automobi...ain-as-american-honda-reports-september-sales
Which is why you can get sales like a single Insight or five Crosstours being reported.

From http://fortune.com/2014/04/30/an-insiders-guide-to-auto-sales-reporting/
Correction, June 10, 2014: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that reported auto sales numbers represent wholesale shipments to dealers, not final sales to retail customers–that when newly assembled cars leave the factory, they are titled and become the property of a dealer, and that is when the sale is counted. The monthly auto sales data does, in fact, reflect sales to final customers, not wholesale sales to dealers as was previously reported. The erroneous passage as been deleted from the text above.

Seems like a handful of prime members have the new NSX.. yet still no personal review by video or a new thread. Can you guys please take a day off and write your heart out or vlog lol

Elistan
I think the data published are shipments not sales.
We know about 253 orders have been placed with the factory from each participating NSX dealer.
If they were reporting sales all 253 of those would have been in the numbers.

You'll note the Fortune article also talks about companies loading unsold products on trucks and rail cars at month end and deeming them sales so the article is not consistent.

Elistan
I think the data published are shipments not sales.
We know about 253 orders have been placed with the factory from each participating NSX dealer.
If they were reporting sales all 253 of those would have been in the numbers.

You'll note the Fortune article also talks about companies loading unsold products on trucks and rail cars at month end and deeming them sales so the article is not consistent.

The impression I get is that an order placed by a dealer is not a sale, nor is it counted as a sale when a car ordered by a dealer is shipped to the dealer - it only becomes a sale when the dealer gets the money from whomever they are selling the car to, whether it's an individual like chrisn or a reseller like some other dealer that specializes in exotics.

So I still believe that the numbers reported, 38 NSXes in September and 83 YTD, are indeed for cars that have been purchased from Acura dealers, and do not include cars shipped to dealers but still sitting on the showroom floor waiting on a buyer.

Also, the bit about putting unsold cars on trucks then counting them as sold seemed to be about trickery Chrysler did in the 70s that almost bankrupt them, not modern practices that still happen today.

You make good points.
Perhaps Bricks can ask the NSX help desk guys about it on his next call?

The impression I get is that an order placed by a dealer is not a sale, nor is it counted as a sale when a car ordered by a dealer is shipped to the dealer - it only becomes a sale when the dealer gets the money from whomever they are selling the car to, whether it's an individual like chrisn or a reseller like some other dealer that specializes in exotics.

So I still believe that the numbers reported, 38 NSXes in September and 83 YTD, are indeed for cars that have been purchased from Acura dealers, and do not include cars shipped to dealers but still sitting on the showroom floor waiting on a buyer.

Also, the bit about putting unsold cars on trucks then counting them as sold seemed to be about trickery Chrysler did in the 70s that almost bankrupt them, not modern practices that still happen today.

The modern practices to goose the numbers that the OEMs use include pressuring the dealers ( allocation etc ) to put cars into service as loaners, demos, or executive cars. These are then counted as sales. While these cars are still on an MSO and sold as new cars later to a retail buyer, the dealer has not been paid for them and they usually continue to be on the floor plan.

Happy New Year to all. My car came in and I plan to pick it up after work on Thursday. The website is still gummed up and I am not able to attach pics. My dealer said they put it up on the rack and it is perfect. They added that they had heard that some cars were received with scrapes/gouges to the underside. News to me. Regarding the sales numbers, go with what the company publishes. 83 NSX sold in total, 38 of which were sold in September.

Congrats! That's awesome! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Here is a link to a pichttp://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/661433-acura-nsx-news-77.html#&gid=1&pid=1

Happy New Year to all. My car came in and I plan to pick it up after work on Thursday. The website is still gummed up and I am not able to attach pics. My dealer said they put it up on the rack and it is perfect. They added that they had heard that some cars were received with scrapes/gouges to the underside. News to me. Regarding the sales numbers, go with what the company publishes. 83 NSX sold in total, 38 of which were sold in September.
Congrats B&B!!!!! What will you post about now that it is almost in your arms reach? Or, are you going to Disney world?

I am still an info junkie. I will just be less frustrated by the goofy process Acura has going on. We should soon get some info on the tours and that will be interesting. I am hoping to take a bunch of pics at cool Chicago locations and post those. Plus I will provide some less that pro quality assessments on how the car does in my shlubby hands.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not fan of Orlando I hope they put NSXPO some place better next year

I am still an info junkie. I will just be less frustrated by the goofy process Acura has going on. We should soon get some info on the tours and that will be interesting. I am hoping to take a bunch of pics at cool Chicago locations and post those. Plus I will provide some less that pro quality assessments on how the car does in my shlubby hands.- - - Updated - - -I am not fan of Orlando I hope they put NSXPO some place better next year
Well said.... I grew up in central Florida. It is a swampy bog. Hopefully next years NSXPO will be at Sonoma raceway where it never really gets hotter than 78 degrees plus wine country and fine dining is right next door. I gotta give guys credit on the west coast who will be driving to this years event. That is a freakin HAUL!

Well said.... I grew up in central Florida. It is a swampy bog. Hopefully next years NSXPO will be at Sonoma raceway where it never really gets hotter than 78 degrees plus wine country and fine dining is right next door. I gotta give guys credit on the west coast who will be driving to this years event. That is a freakin HAUL!

we had a great time in 03...french laundry and all......and the old infineon wasn't too bad either.That was so long ago kips car was still a street car

we had a great time in 03...french laundry and all......and the old infineon wasn't too bad either.That was so long ago kips car was still a street car
Yep... We got some awesome restaurants up here! Off topic, but we have much more to offer than Orlando with screaming children and cheapo hotels and food. Bring a sweat rag for nsxpo this year, you'll need it....

Here is a link to a pichttp://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/661433-acura-nsx-news-77.html#&gid=1&pid=1
Congrats B&B! Thank you for your perspective and you have certainly "earned" yours.

I am not fan of Orlando I hope they put NSXPO some place better next year

Not to try to derail this thread but NSXPOs rotate throughout the various regions of the country each year. The location depends upon which regions submit bids which then get voted on by the Board of the NSXCA. In addition to hosting social activities, the planning committee needs to be able to secure a track for the HPDE so any NSXPO ultimately will be "based" within reasonable proximity to the track selected. We have rented the following tracks for exclusive use of our members over the years: Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Texas Motor Speedway, Road America, Mid-Ohio, Sebring, Watkins Glen, Mosport, VIR, Thermal Raceway as well as several others. Whether an NSXPO is held in a particular region is wholly dependent upon volunteers forming a Planning Committee, submitting a bid and demonstrating the ability to manage an event with over 100 NSXs, over 200 attendees from around the world and a budget in excess of $100,000.

Congrats B&B!Hope it exceeds all expectations for you.Looking forward to your feedback once you've had some long overdue and enjoyable seat of the pants and hands on the wheel time.Any delays will be understood. I'd not want to get out either.

Back