• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

Thanks to Autoguidehttp://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/07/one-dealer-is-charging-a-50-000-markup-on-the-acura-nsx.htmlLooks like the Santa Monica shop is a stealership and is looking for a $50K market adjustment on 011

- - - Updated - - -

Also of interest, Japan is listed as the country of origin for the engine. I guess the parts coming from Japan allow that.

I believe the tranny comes from Japan already built up.

Update as of July 6, 2016

Total production sits at approximately 20 cars. These are expected to be high profile vehicles and perfection is being required internally.

Acura has now been informed regarding the market adjustments being foisted on the market by the Santa Monica and Long Island dealerships.

No news on being able to schedule the tours.

I mentioned there was a person on line for whom the dealer received the build sheet.
He confirmed that meant the car would be delivered soon.
He could not go into details about 22 because it is not by car.
If you haven't called the NSX guys at Acura, give it a try. Sergio and Lee are very nice.
844 682-2872
They are just constrained by a very limited amount of information.

Sergio <- conversation #1 was 2 (maybe 3?) weeks and ago and while a very nice conversation.......it literally boiled down to "eventually we will tell you when it might be 3 more months". There is no way he was doing anything other than telling me what he had permission to say.....at the time.

I should give another ring when I have time tomorrow.

In the Santa Monica dealership the "home" dealer for the LA HQ?

I would expect Leno to be high on the list...and he lives there, no?

"Thank you for your email on the 2017 NSX. I am pleased to announce that it arrived at our dealership yesterday afternoon. We are currently prepping it for our showroom and we are going to list the car for $260,075."

If I recall correctly, this is why you didn't buy first NSX when it came out in 1990.

If I recall correctly, this is why you didn't buy first NSX when it came out in 1990.

Yup. I was first in line since '89 and offered 66k cash and was told the minimum I had to "bid" was msrp plus $30,400.

I drove away and bought an S class mercedes the next day instead.

Yup. I was first in line since '89 and offered 66k cash and was told the minimum I had to "bid" was msrp plus $30,400.

I don't blame you. Patience wins every time tho.

I also heard that Acura knows of market adjustments being added to the contracts by some dealers for the new NSX

3 years later- same new NSX - big discounts -great deals....growing hair in showrooms.

Trend continued for another 11 years (2005).

Regardless, was a wonderful car.

Last edited:
The build to order decision was made to try and avoid just what Hot Honda described.

My understanding is Honda "sold" the initial deliveries to dealer principals (or equivalent) so they would have an NSX for the showrooms.
I'm guessing this would be a start-up order file of some 250-300 cars for North America.
I suspect most of those cars will not be titled/registered which would trigger local sales taxes and so on.
And I don't believe Honda can control ex dealership pricing so these initial cars may be marked up at the dealer's discretion.

After the celebrity and participating dealers have their initial cars I believe then deliveries will go to regular "retail" buyers.
No idea whether a dealer, who re-sells their initial car, gets to order another one for the dealer principal and goes to the back of the queue or not.

No question in my mind Honda understands unsold NSX's in dealer showrooms are the kiss of death for maintaining exclusivity and price stability.
So hopefully there is a solid order file for "retail" buyers, Honda sticks to their made to order plan and dealers who flip the initial car are made to wait.

Here is an example of how weak Acura is at communication

http://www.acura.com/PressReleaseArticle.aspx?category=nsx&year=2016&id=9113-en

the July 6, 2016 Acura price list fails to include the RLX

5 time new gen 1 NSX owner + a ton of other Acuras (mostly MDX, still have a '15). Nothing from Acura ever mailed to me
personally to promote any vehicle. I did receive a thank you letter & model car from some Acura mucky-muck after purchasing my Zanardi.

On my 3rd new Porsche 911 (2000, 2013 & 2015) receive quality gifts/brochures + the coffee table Christophorus Magazine regularly.

Yesterday (7/6/16) this hardbound 911 Turbo book (991.2)

P1030224_zps2sev9wni.jpg~original

Last edited:
I got the same book last week *AND* a cool model of a turbo charger. Maybe you didn't order enough options on your car. :). I bought a 997, but skipped the 991-- so maybe they spend more on gifts to prospective buyers than to actual buyers.

I got the same book last week *AND* a cool model of a turbo charger. Maybe you didn't order enough options on your car. :). I bought a 997, but skipped the 991-- so maybe they spend more on gifts to prospective buyers than to actual buyers.

Yes.....not enough options I guess.

P1030021_zpsftgkvbtm.jpg~original

Don't know what to tell you. Maybe you have an even fancier gift coming. Maybe get the PCCBs next time? :rolleyes:

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

Car and Driver just picked the new Porsche 911 Turbo S over the McLaren 570S and Audi R8 V10 Plus...

Wow. Was it a close call?

Attachments

• Porsche gift.jpg
    Porsche gift.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 554
nice one Hothonda, way to ruin the movie! :mad:

however, they agreed with what i've been saying all along...

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. Car and Driver asked Acura for an NSX for that comparison test, but Acura declined...

$740 for the shifter in aluminum.

They better send some nice gifts.

Not happy to see the smoker's package. Give that up my good man.

Not happy to see the smoker's package. Give that up my good man.

Obvious you don't know much about Porsche options......smoker's package gives an extra 12V
outlet in the console @ n/c.

If you Opt out, you get an open tray for coins.

Got it ?

As far as the shifter...tell me what you know about it.

THX

Last edited:
I know nearly zilch about Porsche options so you have opened my eyes a bit on that (I remember looking a Caymans and found it funny that they charged for sports seats and a short shifter in a sports car, but more power to them).

Glad that was about the plug (I work on cancer drugs and it drives me nuts that folks smoke).

Regarding the shifter, just kind of shocked at what they hit you for, for a per se upgrade.

I have the aluminum shifter on my (6-speed) 997TT. It's actually one of my favorite options. Sometimes it's the little details that are the best parts of owning/driving a car. If you want to get mad about an option, the Sport Chrono package is the biggest scam, IMHO. I mean, you gotta get it so you get overboost-- but it feels like paying for them to un-cripple the car.

I'm also really glad I got the Porsche crest in the headrest and the red fire extinguisher. Again-- fun little details / conversation pieces.

Anyway, I wish the NSX had MORE options like the diff trim pieces.

I know nearly zilch about Porsche options so you have opened my eyes a bit on that (I remember looking a Caymans and found it funny that they charged for sports seats and a short shifter in a sports car, but more power to them).

Glad that was about the plug (I work on cancer drugs and it drives me nuts that folks smoke).

Regarding the shifter, just kind of shocked at what they hit you for, for a per se upgrade.

Agree....

Back