• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

some are likely multiple lists of the same car....btw there are fewer and fewer threads about the new car:rolleyes: and I for one enjoy the feedback and updates from our gen 2 owners.....even a long timer like me is not privy to the private section, so lets try to engage them rather than disengage them....:wink:

Doc, totally agree! I really hope JD was not serious about not posting any more. Folks that own both Gens can provide excellent comparisons of the cars and not just speculation and hear-say.

the tipping point will be when the discounts supersede the desire for a custom order...but at some point an equilibrium will be made as all free markets do..

500 in available new car inventory. Who knows.. maybe they'll never reach that high of a surplus. Let's hope...

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at an Acura meeting when they're discussing a good chunk of the new car orders are from dealers. Does anyone know this breakdown btw? I believe I read some owners are still waiting for theirs.. which is a total shame and epic fail on Acura's part.

we had approx 2 months time (between delivery) and 300 between the VINs on our 2nd and 3rd cars, but some of those went internationally, so its hard to say how quickly the # of available cars will grow.

i think the number wont grow as quickly as stores are realizing that customers dont want full spec ($200k+) cars, so stores aren't ordering those anymore.

I have still not seen a gen 2 in the wild. Only on a showroom floor. Would really like to see the car more on roads as it is dubbed, "the everyday supercar".

I am yet to see a NSX2.0 on the streets here in Japan at the 2nd largest metropolitan area where I frequently see P-cars, F-cars, L-cars and other interesting toys almost every day.

I have finally started to read up on some of the local Japanese car magazines, the price issue does come up frequently in the articles here in Japan given that the MSRP for the NSX 2.0 in Japan for the base NSX is substantially higher than in the US market.

Production exceeds 600 VIN's. Both cars, US ACURA & Honda NSX's are produced in the same plant. What are the production numbers for Honda NSX's ? The 6xx numbers are VIN's starting with 19U, European cars starts with 1HG.

attachment.php

Sorry but here you can see the VIN coding for the new NSX. All US & Canada cars starts with 19UNC1. THe others with 1HG

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 312
I have still not seen a gen 2 in the wild. Only on a showroom floor. Would really like to see the car more on roads as it is dubbed, "the everyday supercar".

I am yet to see a NSX2.0 on the streets here in Japan at the 2nd largest metropolitan area where I frequently see P-cars, F-cars, L-cars and other interesting toys almost every day.

i have seen one silver NSX in L.A. back in September on the 101 Highway. haven't seen another since. probably seen about a half dozen new R8's for comparison, about the same amount of Huracans and McLarens in L.A. also. and about 7000 Porsches! :biggrin:

saw several new R8's on the road in Sydney throughout December and January, along with a few Huracans and AMG GTS's, but no NSX's...

i have seen one silver NSX in L.A. back in September on the 101 Highway. haven't seen another since. probably seen about a half dozen new R8's for comparison, about the same amount of Huracans and McLarens in L.A. also. and about 7000 Porsches! :biggrin:

saw several new R8's on the road in Sydney throughout December and January, along with a few Huracans and AMG GTS's, but no NSX's...
Easy now, we don't want to piss of the fans again.:wink: But no seriously, life is too short to argue. I enjoy listening to both sides from the peanut gallery. There is a whole lot I like about the gen 2 and a whole lot I do not. I just wish they ditched the hybrid stuff. I hope to see more on the roads soon!

Did counts on car.com figures including cleanup (double listed cars,..) for the period 10/01-09/02.
10/01 we had 167 cars listed, 9th Feb 203 cars = 36 additional cars since 10/01.

Production per month +/-100, 3/4 for US & CAN market (Acura) 75-36 listed =39 sold. Acura announced for Jan 50 sales do Acura NSX's.

Conclusion 2/3 of produced cars sold/month.

Last edited:
[MENTION=33496]ReneNSX[/MENTION]: Interesting. How did you account for cars.com cars that are "new" (under 100 miles) but listed as "used." I assume Acura would see those cars in their systems as being "sold."

I believe that Acura statistics on sales are cars delivered to final customers. Dealers order/buy cars but will inform Acura when delivered to final customers. As we catch VIN 6xx and Acura published 269 for 2016 and 50 for 01/2017 =319 cars sold, 203 showing up by car.com plus some not on car.com we are close to VIN 6xx.

In Europe car become used when older than 6 months or 6000km. May to check the VIN of the used car. I do not now if in the US there is a time limit up from there car can be declared as used car. In Europe there no need to pay taxes after 6 months or 6000km
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v558Baq8Gos

Last edited:
I walked in to my local Honda dealership today - Victory Honda in Plymouth, Michigan 48170. To my surprise they had a Berlina black with Onyx on their showroom floor. Contact there stated they bought two from Acura dealers for themselves, one a blue that went to the dealership principal's son, and this one which they intended to re-sell. Contact and I shot the breeze while I admired the lines of this NSX.

VIN 000231.

Berlina Black VIN 231 Victory Honda Plymouth, MI 2-9-2017 LF view.jpgBerlina Black VIN 231 2-9-2017 Victory Honda Plymouth, MI RR view.jpgBerlina Black NSX VIN 231 window sticker 2-9-2017.jpg

Monthly sales data:
Jun-2016 02
Jul-2016 21
Aug-2016 22
Sep-2016 38
Oct-2016 67
Nov-2016 51
Dec-2016 68
Jan-2017 50
Total 319

Monthly Production data:
May-2016 04