• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where are all the Production deliveries ??

The update:

I let let them know about the owner in TX who was not informed about the damaged car procedure

When a dealer takes an allocation from another dealer, the car ships to the dealer who took the allocation (no need for extra shipping)

The owner of the crashed car already placed an order for a replacement with nearly matching spec. They are leaning toward totaling his car. Honda may buy iit to use to test their repair process and to see if the energy transfer from the accident effected the ablation castings.

They had not seen the Clarkson's review

The musicares car has been built but no info on the auction price received

No news on the celebrity who was getting their car wrapped

Last edited:
Lease special already from "Jimmy Goon"...with 5K miles/ yr limit! $10K due at signing and still $2,659 per month to RENT THE CAR....you've GOT to be kidding me!!!

One could BUY the car at $180,000, at 2% for 6 years at only $2655 per month, AND you then OWN IT!

That Goon must think customer's are morons...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Acura-...3231b741:g:gK8AAOSwt5hYb6bt&item=262835124033

You can't blame the messenger in this case, he is just repeating what Acura told him. The problem here is Acura is putting the lease residual around 50% which makes the payments much higher. In comparison, the Huracan has a residual of 63%.

On a side note, if anyone is seriously looking for a nice deal, we got word of a $181k NSX for $10k off sticker so that puts the car at $171k

cheers

You can't blame the messenger in this case, he is just repeating what Acura told him. The problem here is Acura is putting the lease residual around 50% which makes the payments much higher. In comparison, the Huracan has a residual of 63%.

On a side note, if anyone is seriously looking for a nice deal, we got word of a $181k NSX for $10k off sticker so that puts the car at $171k

cheers

50% residual?!? So we can all expect to pay $80K to $100K for a 25k miles NSX 2.0 by 2022?

COOL...I'LL JUST WAIT!!!

:D

Thanks everyone.
Loving the machine. Very impressed with how it can clear huge speed bumps, unlike my 05 on springs.
If I have enough money...I'd buy another one. Cheers.

fake news aye? go ahead and race a 911, GTR, 570S, 488, R8, or Huracan.

let me know how those alternative facts go for you... :biggrin:

Yes sir. I will do so and report back to you as my ultimate goal in life is to buy the fastest car.:biggrin:

congrats to more new owners of the new car.....please keep posting impressions for us saps not on the owners forum...:redface:

congrats to more new owners of the new car.....please keep posting impressions for us saps not on the owners forum...:redface:
Doc, as a former owner of Prime, can't you have "rights"!!!!

I keep getting great responses to the car

I had it out yesterday, one gentleman driving a BMW 5 series wagon reached his left arm straight up in the air with a thumbs up, I stopped for a mom crossing the street with her kids and the 5-7 rear old son just opened his mouth wide and uttered an prolonged wow (and the mom gave him that no, we can't have one look).

One of the fun things you can do driving the car is, when waiting to enter a highway from a stop while behind another car, when the car ahead of you pulls into the right lane, you just stomp on the gas, go directly to the left lane and blow past them like they are pushing a Razor scooter with their foot.

Last edited:
They REALLY need to make the nsx in yellow....

Love the steering wheel. Just perfect!
Nav is quite intuitive.
ELS is so much nicer than my 05. :biggrin:
Rear camera at night is not as clear and bright as my current bmw 7.
I do appreciate the parking sensor. Nice surprise there.
Love the brake feel.
Love the side mirrors.
Compartments in center console are perfect for cell phones and sunglasses.
Power delivery is superior to my M4. No jerky jerk before take off.
Seats are very comfortable with very nice interior. No complaints at all. Right up there with my luxo barge.
Love the sound. Not too loud or too soft.
Ground clearance is perfect.
Fit and finish is very solid.
MPG is ridiculous for this car.
So glad I went with blue.
All leather seats are very well made and supportive.
Tinting it tomorrow.
Life IS good!:smile:

are you going to put paint protection on after cure?

You do realize paint is baked at the factory. The whole "wait for curing" thing is BS.

Would like to learn more about this?
Could you elaborate please?
Can you share where your info originates?

Last edited:
Would like to learn more about this?
Could you elaborate please?
Can you share where your info originates?
Sure... I've wrapped and re-wrapped my cars with PPF immediately from the factory. I had my vehicle in hand and wrapped 4 days after it left the factory (via air freight). Never an issue. Maybe Maaco paint jobs, but quality paint would be cured before it left the factory.

I'm too lazy to find the written acura statement about the 60 day cure....it has been mentioned numerous times...

Sure... I've wrapped and re-wrapped my cars with PPF immediately from the factory. I had my vehicle in hand and wrapped 4 days after it left the factory (via air freight). Never an issue. Maybe Maaco paint jobs, but quality paint would be cured before it left the factory.

I'm asking for more info on the new NSX Andaro and Metallic paints where the factory recommends a three month total cure time before wrapping.
Are you suggesting it's not needed?

Back