• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where can I get this Y-pipe for Turbo Up-pipe.

I saw this picture of the y-pipe up-pipe from another thread. Does anyone know how I can get this pipe?

attachment.php

It goes like this . from Kane's project thread.

attachment.php

That is Gerry Johnsons. Close the the Y-pipe on cody's but not really. Gerry doesn't make them anymore from what I heard, but maybe you can get him to make one again. Its worth a shot.

J. R.

he wanted $1500 for just that Y-pipe....for $2200 i will send you the y-pipe and the full exhaust with tips and hangers.....

in regard to the "standard lovefab" post......its kinda funny how they seem to have become the "standard"..??..?????
no disrespect to anyone, but they, like most everyone else, myself included, copied or at the very least took from the original gerry johnson idea...

HP is the only company doing it thier own way....

he wanted $1500 for just that Y-pipe....for $2200 i will send you the y-pipe and the full exhaust with tips and hangers.....

in regard to the "standard lovefab" post......its kinda funny how they seem to have become the "standard"..??..?????
no disrespect to anyone, but they, like most everyone else, myself included, copied or at the very least took from the original gerry johnson idea...

Well stated. While I love all the shops that have come-out with turbo kits....or like SOS, just sell a turbo kit of someone else.
There are only three orriginals imo.

1. Garry Jonson's which is the y-pipe set-up that we see everyone else having

2. HP with there gravity set-up with full manifolds and design.

3. The very old Bell Twin Turbo kit.

I would say these were the orriginals and what I have seen on the market is just a different randition of one of these 3 set-ups. I know there are some other set-ups like Danny Young's that are in a league of there own but if we wanted to say the "standard" this would be it.

Whats great to see is how they have been improved upon from there orriginals.
Factor-X, Lovefab, and Turbolab have done great things with the y-pipe design and really taken it places.

It will be fun to see what new ones will come out soon. I know Elite is working on something, but hasn't gone public with it just yet. (if you read this elite get on it man!). Also I know of one other person that might have something coming down the pipe.

I'm just excited to see that people are still so excited about the NSX that they aren't letting the tunning side of the car get stale, but in reality it is only getting better. As long as we can keep Devin and AEM into the brain side of the NSX(ie. the ECU), we are going to do and see great things done on the mechanical side, with turbo's, superchargers, and even N/A.

Keep up the good work people.

J. R.

I'm workin on it!:tongue:

And although my turbo placement is similar to others, my "Y" pipe is much different, and the turbo aims a different direction to any other turbo'd NSX I've ever seen.

Well stated. While I love all the shops that have come-out with turbo kits....or like SOS, just sell a turbo kit of someone else.
There are only three orriginals imo.

1. Garry Jonson's which is the y-pipe set-up that we see everyone else having

2. HP with there gravity set-up with full manifolds and design.

3. The very old Bell Twin Turbo kit.

I would say these were the orriginals and what I have seen on the market is just a different randition of one of these 3 set-ups. I know there are some other set-ups like Danny Young's that are in a league of there own but if we wanted to say the "standard" this would be it.

Whats great to see is how they have been improved upon from there orriginals.
Factor-X, Lovefab, and Turbolab have done great things with the y-pipe design and really taken it places.

It will be fun to see what new ones will come out soon. I know Elite is working on something, but hasn't gone public with it just yet. (if you read this elite get on it man!). Also I know of one other person that might have something coming down the pipe.

I'm just excited to see that people are still so excited about the NSX that they aren't letting the tunning side of the car get stale, but in reality it is only getting better. As long as we can keep Devin and AEM into the brain side of the NSX(ie. the ECU), we are going to do and see great things done on the mechanical side, with turbo's, superchargers, and even N/A.

Keep up the good work people.

J. R.
So when did garry johnson first 'pioneer' that Y-pipe design/turbo placement?

I'm workin on it!:tongue:

And although my turbo placement is similar to others, my "Y" pipe is much different, and the turbo aims a different direction to any other turbo'd NSX I've ever seen.

hey, i think mine was placed the same way as yours :).......or close to it...

$1500 for that pipe is madness! I can buy a welder and holesaw for that money and fab my own pipes. flanges and u-bends are easy to obtain.

$1500 for that pipe is madness! I can buy a welder and holesaw for that money and fab my own pipes. flanges and u-bends are easy to obtain.

That brings up a good point. How much would DIY NSX'rs be willing to spend on a nice "Y" pipe?

That brings up a good point. How much would DIY NSX'rs be willing to spend on a nice "Y" pipe?

oh no...dont even go there......

you know as well as i do that if your DIY enough to only be looking for a Y-pipe...your DIY enough to build it yourself....

which means most people who THINK they are DIY...really arent :rolleyes:

Stuntman,

To my knowledge he had his first one up in running in summer of 2000. He came in at a good time as this is about the time the bell kit started self destructing the aerodyne or whatever those self oiling turbo's were called. The bell kit had been out about two years from around that point. Were you actually curious as to the date, or did you have another date in mind that you thought it was?

J. R.

you know as well as i do that if your DIY enough to only be looking for a Y-pipe...your DIY enough to build it yourself....

:biggrin:

Yup I just need the pipe. But not at $1500 for a pipe that cost about $200 in parts and labor.

I have piece together my own turbo kit back in 1991 without the help of internet and ebay. Turbo-ed my NA FC rx7 at about $1500 with some used parts and some new ones and about 50 hrs of labor.

2096759_9_full.jpg

2096759_8_full.jpg

2096759_10_full.jpg

This was my Daily driver for a couple of years until I sold it and bought a BMW 5 series to impress the girls. LOL.

With Ebay and Internet Also with new AEM FIC or EMS It can be easy to get something together. I suppose an modified GruppeM pipe would work as a Turbo up-pipe. prob wouldnt cost $1500.

That 'Y' pipe looks like about $600 each if you wanted 5 of them. $350 if you wanted 20...$1500 is about right if there is nothing to do the fit up with, IMO.

Easy part to make, pain to tool up for to make 1, if you don't have the jig. Is there a part to copy I can use to build a jig? If so, I would take a stab at making some.

PM me...

But then again some poeple are DIY in that they like to bolt things together, not fabricate. So there might be a market. You might say that those people should just buy a kit and bolt it on. But this might be a way for them to save a little $$$$ and enjoy putting there own twist on the set-up.

J. R.

That 'Y' pipe looks like about $600 each if you wanted 5 of them. $350 if you wanted 20...$1500 is about right if there is nothing to do the fit up with, IMO.

Easy part to make, pain to tool up for to make 1, if you don't have the jig. Is there a part to copy I can use to build a jig? If so, I would take a stab at making some.

PM me...

I will be interested in a Y pipe as well maybe we can get 5+ people and get a good price on them. $350-$600 Will work for me. Put me down for one for sure.

FKONG777- If you find a place to get the Y pipe for a good price let me know I want one too. Thanks

I wouldnt even mind if it doenst have external wastegate flange. Internal Wastegate will work. Not the best but for lower boost application it will be fine. I'd pay up to $400.

I wouldnt even mind if it doenst have external wastegate flange. Internal Wastegate will work. Not the best but for lower boost application it will be fine. I'd pay up to $400.

Cool, looks like you only need 18 more to get your price:wink:

I will be interested in a Y pipe as well maybe we can get 5+ people and get a good price on them. $350-$600 Will work for me. Put me down for one for sure.

FKONG777- If you find a place to get the Y pipe for a good price let me know I want one too. Thanks

Cool, looks like you only need 18 more to get your price:wink:

If that is the price point, I am out of that market. TDave, go nuts!:biggrin:

This thread is the reason why I don,t want to sell my turbo kits on any of the forums.:biggrin:

I would say to make it worth making that Y-pipe, it needs to sell between $700-$800. Just in parts, time ,welding,locating the flanges, and then marketing it for sales. Plus time to package them, drive to ship them. Your going to be into it around $300-$400.

For those guys thinking this thing should be $400.00 bahahaha.

J. R.

Back