• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where can I get this Y-pipe for Turbo Up-pipe.

I would say to make it worth making that Y-pipe, it needs to sell between $700-$800. Just in parts, time ,welding,locating the flanges, and then marketing it for sales. Plus time to package them, drive to ship them. Your going to be into it around $300-$400.

For those guys thinking this thing should be $400.00 bahahaha.

J. R.

I would pay $400-800 for the Ypipe, and I am sure others would also. The whole point is to save money so even at $7-800 we are at 50% OFF where we started($1500) So put me down for one. I am going to do it in 3 sections first all the turbo piping,exhaust,etc. Than turbo, intercooler, bov,etc. Third section will be the install and tuning. Will be done before next summer if all goes well.

I would pay $400-800 for the Ypipe, and I am sure others would also. The whole point is to save money so even at $7-800 we are at 50% OFF where we started($1500) So put me down for one. I am going to do it in 3 sections first all the turbo piping,exhaust,etc. Than turbo, intercooler, bov,etc. Third section will be the install and tuning. Will be done before next summer if all goes well.

OK, Then I will throw another twist on things. Gerry Johnsons Y-pipe like the one in the picture put the turbo high enough that it was a gravity feed set-up. This was nice because you didn't have to worry about a oil pump dying on you out in the middle of no where and being screwed.
The kicker is you did have to take a rubber mallet to your trunk and bang it up a little bit. It was not noticeable from inside the trunk area, but some people don't go for that.

Now for me, I think gravity feed is the only way, but others don't mind doing a scavenging system with a reservoir and oil pump.

SO NOW: we complicate things because how the Y-pipe is made will dictate turbo placement, and therefore gravity feed or not.

Its going to be harder to come up with enough buyers to make this worth it, and enough that can decide on the right design that they would be happy with.

Just stirring the fun pot a little is all I'm doing. :wink:

J. R.

... but they, like most everyone else, myself included, copied or at the very least took from the original gerry johnson idea...

I had that basic set-up well before Jerry did. Its the simplest, most obvious way to solve the problem.

Several members of this forum who still post as if they are experts told me it was a poor design and would never work properly. Seems to be the de-facto standard now. . . .

lol, since i have never spoken to you...i forgot all about you...

yes David was the first with the silver beast from hell !!!or texas :)

yes it is a bad design....yes it could work better...but it does work....and it solves ALOT of the problems....

i really am intersted in that HP design...i wish someone close had it so i could snoop at it :)...

so David...when you going to have another NSX? we need more DIY on here !!!

Hi guys!
What do you say about cutting and welding a little!:biggrin:
I found this kit for a v6 engine i didn't read mutch about it but looking at the Y pipe and then looking at all the parts of this kit makes me think ''Why it has to be so expensive?''
Well i just wanted to share this pics, if anybody have some idea of what we can do with all this, maybe cutting and welding some part, this kit can be bought for no more than $180 and the pipes looks like the same size as the one in the first post.

Attachments

• 0a111436.jpg
    0a111436.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 0a111437.jpg
    0a111437.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 0a111438.jpg
    0a111438.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 71
Hi guys!
What do you say about cutting and welding a little!:biggrin:
I found this kit for a v6 engine i didn't read mutch about it but looking at the Y pipe and then looking at all the parts of this kit makes me think ''Why it has to be so expensive?''
Well i just wanted to share this pics, if anybody have some idea of what we can do with all this, maybe cutting and welding some part, this kit can be bought for no more than $180 and the pipes looks like the same size as the one in the first post.

Have fun!:rolleyes:

If you want to cut and weld. you really just need exhaust U-bends Y-pipes and flanges. They are easy to obtain thru exhaust parts suppliers.

Just cut fit and spot weld. go to a welder workshop and have them weld it professionally.

It may not be polished stainless but your OEM and most exhaust shop fabrications are not either but it will work. Polished stainless is overrated for headers and up pipes. They will eventually turn brown. Ceramic coating will keeps its color and finish better.

If you spent the time Im sure you can get a Turbo system together for about $5000 with AEM EMS or FIC tuned and rolling.

We posted a complete hot-side turbocharger kit in the for sale section. This includes the Y pipe and muffler assembly. The kit is the same as Marc's (01blacks4) car. The complete setup is $2500.00. A new turbocharger for the setup is also posted in the same thread.

Cheers,
-- Chris

All you need is a welder and basic shop tools to make that Y pipe yourself using pipe sections and mandrel bends. Its easy; I think a couple of my girlfriends could do it.

...well I think my cat and a couple of ground squirrels could do it...until my cat tore their heads off...plenty more squirrels around:biggrin:

Hell, he works for kibble:rolleyes: ...let me re-do my prices:wink:

...still negotiating! Negotiating with cats is as hard herding them:rolleyes:

Is a group of cats called a "herd" and also does'nt "kibble"usually refer to dog food!!!????!!??

j/k

Is a group of cats called a "herd" and also does'nt "kibble"usually refer to dog food!!!????!!??

j/k

Pretty sure cats are like Lions, a group is a pride, but directing a group of them is still herding.

I believe the general term kibble, refers to any crunchy food. Trail mix is human kibble, as an example.

As far as the cats go, more issues! After a few days, they are still dropping the TIG torch! They finally came clean, NO OPPOSABLE THUMBS! :eek: :mad: All this after they have torn the heads off a half dozen ground squirrels!:redface:

David, you and the girls might be the ones to tackle this one. Quit your day job, start banging them out and selling them for $200, the demand is here! Like you said, it's easy! Can't wait to see the pics!

I will look for your thread in the VENDOR section.

For those who e-mailed... I'm sorry, the for sale post has not been published yet by the mods. Here are the photos:

DSC09572.JPG

DSC09573.JPG

DSC09574.JPG

regards,
-- Chris

Man, Chris has better trained cats than I!:eek: I would have to weld it myself make it look that good!:cool:

Nice parts, someone is going to get a great deal!:wink:

i made that...and can make as many as you want :)

$2800 for what you see....i know chris is selling his for a slight loss so someone snap it up.

turbo is not included....pick your own...

if you want one let me know...

marc

Back