• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to get a cheap car cover?

I went to the Acura Dealer today and asked them about the price of the cover and it is like 210$$. That is just too expensive. Does anyone know where can I get better deals? Does any car cover work?
Thanks
JACK

Does anyone know where can I get better deals?

You can get 25 percent off any NSX parts from Acura at http://www.nsxpartsguy.com

You can also get car covers from many vendors. Try an Internet search engine and/or look at the ads in one of the big automobile buff magazines.

Does any car cover work?

Yes.

More info in the "Car Covers" section of the FAQ here.

I have my Acura car cover with NSX embroidered bag for sale. $130 obo. I can be contacted via email [email protected]

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black
"Drive It Like You Stole It" :eek:

Brian,

Any plans to sell the bikini used in your avatar?
biggrin.gif

Everything has a price... Dirty or clean???
tongue.gif

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black
"Drive It Like You Stole It" :eek:

I bought an all season car cover at Price Club/Costco for $50. Wolf is the manufactuer. I bought one size smaller than what they recommend and it fits like a glove. Hope this helps.

If there is enough interest, I can work a special discount for NSX owners for that site.

We are building their new site (we didn't build their old site):
http://64.38.194.68/

which will be live sometime on August 1st.

-Justin

I just bought a car cover from Costco too, but it doesn't seem to resist from the rain. It has been pouring in the east bay the last few days and my NSX is wet from the inside. Any recommendations for a outdoor car cover?

I strongly recommend NOT buying a "generic" car cover that is made to fit many different kinds of cars, such as you will find on store shelves at Costco and elsewhere. Get a cover that is custom made for the NSX. The problem with a generic car cover is that it doesn't "fit like a glove" at all. It will have areas where the cover is loose, and where it doesn't follow the contours of the car body, particularly around features like the side mirrors and the rear spoiler, etc. The wind will blow these parts of the cover around the car, and they will move against the paint. With time there's a significant risk that small dirt particles will blow in and the continued action of the cover will scratch the paint finish.

Car covers are made in numerous different fabrics, and some of them are great for moisture protection (letting moisture underneath evaporate, while preventing rain from getting through to the car). Check out the websites of the car cover vendors for the advantages and disadvantages of each of the available fabrics, and choose the one that's right for your needs.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 20 December 2002).]

Cheap covers should only be used on cheap cars. I use a $5 tarp for my $1000 beater. I use the factory cover for my priceless NSX. Get a good cover for your NSX and you'll get great protection out of it for many years.

I have the original one, but I have never used it. Do you guys and gals use it in your garages...parking lots...etc? Mine is still folded up in the box it came in. Maybe I should use it.

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

I use mine in the garage when I know I won't be driving it for a few days or weeks.

Phatnsx,
Private me. I'm from Antioch. There are a few of us in your neck of the woods.

------------------
Jay
'91 Red/Ivory (Sold)
'96 Red/Black

[This message has been edited by Option2 (edited 20 December 2002).]

Originally posted by Option2:
I use mine in the garage when I know I won't be driving it for a few days or weeks.

Me too.

As for public parking lots and garages, it depends on several things. I don't cover the car if I'm just leaving it for an hour or two, and I don't cover the car if it's not really clean. If I'm leaving it for most of the day and the car is clean and the weather isn't crappy, I will often cover it in a lot or garage.

However, if I'm taking my car on a trip to the track, which constitutes a large percentage of my usage, I leave the car cover home, because I need the room inside the car to pack other things, like track tires and gear.

Back