• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where were you during 9/11

Just googled it and it says a private invenstor "leased"bldgs just six months before the attack. and may walk with between 3 and 7 Billion dollars......Newyork and NewJersey appear to own the land......It says he leased the property for 100 million a year?

I had been working extra shifts and double shifts so I was sleeping in that day. I got up half asleep and turned on the TV and what I saw was so unreal I thought it had to be a dream so I went back to bed. When I got up a second time I knew it was not a dream.

I was on my way to class....was a junior in college.

Started walking toward the b-school buildings and folks were walking back to the dorms saying all classes were cancelled because of a terrorist attack.

I went back to my room and turned on the tv.....unreal.

I got up went to work and did notice there was no traffic. When I go to work half the people were there and I just went to my office started to work. Then someone came and told me that the towers went down and I was like what towers what are you talking about. Yeah I was clueless untill like lunch time when they told us to go home since no one was there and the few who showed up went home anyway.

I was at my desk at work and later that morning a girl in the office announced that a plane had just crashed into the WTC. There was a lot of confusion whether it was a private plane or what. After the 2nd plane hit it was apparent to us all that it was deliberate. When I got home I watched in disbelief all the events that had transpired. I recorded hours of news coverage and have watched it several times since.

Like many I was in shock but tried to keep working, when I got a call from a client in midtown manhattan. Guy had a bad computer problem so I tried to help him. I finally told him I had to stop. When he asked why I told him that one tower just fell. He said "what do you mean"? This guy was in nyc totally oblivious to the situation. He went into shock on the spot and the call ended.

I also spent time that day trying to establish if another of my clients located in the wtc were ok. I met with them once in the mid 1990's at wtc. I was amazed at how many small aircraft you could spot flying below your vantage point. Fortunately, the client moved out of wtc several years earlier.

OT: a good movie is Man on Wire. Saw it the other day. Documents Phellipe? Petit, the guy that tightrope walked the wtc.

I was watching the pre market opening on Squawk Box and they said they thought a small plane had flown into one of the towers. They later updated the information and showed the tower that had been hit. While watching that, I saw the second plane hit the other tower. I knew then that our country was under attack.
+1 (exactly)

spoke with both of our sons on the phone, then i went to the bank and withdrew a stack of cash, filled our cars / generators w/gas, then filled gallon jugs of water.

(edit: my wife and i were at wtc's 2 months prior)

I think like everyone else that day is still pretty clear in my head...
got home from a early supermarket run before going to work in downtown LA. My parents already arrived at my house to babysit my son and they had the news on..

I see that one tower was on fire. so i thought "wow big news" still thinking its an accident. Then I see live that the second plane crash into the second tower. . I had a chill shooting down my spine. I knew we were being attacked. My Parents told me not to go to work they may attack Los Angeles. So I called in and my co-worker say the building is closed. They are evcatuating everyone out. Basically sat in front of the TV all day.

never heard such silence from the sky since that week that the planes are all grounded.

Last edited:
I was at the gym and someone mentioned a plane flying into one of the World Trade Towers. I walked to the TV expecting to see a small plane poking out of the building. When I saw all the smoke I decided to go home.

Got home in time for the wife and I to see the second plane hit and realized this was no accident. I have never experienced such a feeling of fear, rage, uncertainty and impotence.

I was 37, with a wife, two small children and a business to run; I seriously considered enlisting that day.

Looking back I;m am remindered of all the stories of heroism on that day. From the rescue workers at ground zero, to Todd Beemer's "Let's roll." It makes me proud to be an American.

I was at work that day downtown nyc. Each morning i would walk past the towers. I was at work that morning and was there for the disaster. I ran like the rest of the people and fortunately i am here to talk about it.

Here are the pics i took from my office when i returned. (i worked in the AMEX)

DCP_0001.JPG

DCP_0002.JPG

DCP_0003.JPG

DCP_0004.JPG

DCP_0005.JPG

DCP_0006.JPG

DCP_0007.JPG

DCP_0008.JPG

DCP_0009.JPG

DCP_0010.JPG

DCP_0011.JPG

DCP_0012.JPG

DCP_0013.JPG

DCP_0014.JPG

DCP_0015.JPG

DCP_0016.JPG

DCP_0017.JPG

DCP_0018.JPG

Last edited:
I was sleeping when my BIL called and said, you'd better turn the TV on and then hung up. About 5 minutes after I turned the TV on the 2nd plane hit. I knew we were at war.

On Sept 9th I had a casual dinner with a guy from NYC, we were trying to see if we were a good fit to do business together. On sept 11th I called him to see if he knew what was going on and if he was ok. All he said was, do you know what the value of that land is per acre where the WTC sits? I just hung up the phone.

Can anyone pull up the first thread that started on prime after the attacks. I was not able to get back that far with all the search words I tried.

I found this one but I think there were others. Isn't there a way to search by a specific date?http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9101&highlight=terrorist

I was at work in FOB#2 Navy Annex on September 11, 2001. Flight 77 flew over my office and crashed into the western side of the Pentagon at 9:37 AM.

I will never forget that day.

Last edited:
Re: The hat; potentially misunderstood

I was at an HPDE event at Thunderhill. Oddly, I have an NSX hat to commemorate the day.
I hesitate to wear that hat for the words Thunderhill and the date could lead someone to take that as an insensitive reference to the tragic event.

I saw the TV news as it was happening as we were getting ready to go to breakfast and the track. Everyone I was with was numb, but didn't know what else to do, so we went ahead and ran the track day while monitoring the radio all day.

One side of me felt a bit guilty for all the emotional reasons, while the other side was pragmatic, knowing we would stop and do what we could if there was anything to do. Very wierd. :frown:

I was at work that day downtown nyc. Each morning i would walk past the towers. I was at work that morning and was there for the disaster. I ran like the rest of the people and fortunately i am here to talk about it.

Here are the pics i took from my office when i returned. (i worked in the AMEX)

DCP_0001.JPG

DCP_0002.JPG

DCP_0003.JPG

DCP_0004.JPG

DCP_0005.JPG

DCP_0006.JPG

DCP_0007.JPG

DCP_0008.JPG

DCP_0009.JPG

DCP_0010.JPG

DCP_0011.JPG

DCP_0012.JPG

DCP_0013.JPG

DCP_0014.JPG

DCP_0015.JPG

DCP_0016.JPG

DCP_0017.JPG

DCP_0018.JPG

You, my friend, are lucky to be alive.

Iwas in our truck listing ot howard stern , first plane hit ,then second , I turned around to my friend in back seat thats an attack (he was 25 yrs old ) He just stared at me , everyonce and a while I bump into him and he always bring that up , I knew the place personally

Attachments

• DSC00286.jpg
    DSC00286.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 27
I was onboard a fast attack submarine in Norfolk, VA. When we realized it was serious, started giving direction to my department to get things ready to get underway.

Then realized I was the senior officer on board. Things got a whole lot more hectic after that...

Back