• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which NSX should I keep?

^ lol

Shawn - here's my 0.02 pesos

The 04 is a nice car. It's a much more refined version of the 92. The 04 has nicer leather, a fantastic 6spd, 3.2L, t-top, better ABS, power steering, etc etc etc... but you can get almost double the money for the 04. The price difference is probably close to $20-30k. Is all of the above worth that extra cash money that could be sitting in the bank? That's what I would ask myself personally. Either way you still end up with an NSX in the garage.

Just something to think about I guess.

When I was looking to buy my Nsx I had contacted you because I was interested in buying the 04 when you were fixing it. While its a nice low mileage car 60k for a rebuilt title is steep. I would keep the 04 and sell the 92. I originally wanted an 02+ but I'm really happy I got the pop up lights now. I'm in love

I must of missed that. Where is it listed?

Listed in the for sale section
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157341

Pricing is going to be sticky at this time of year because there aren't a lot of sports cars for sale around this time of year. I'd say if shawn did his pricing research and feels this is a competitive price for the car, more power to his pricing decision. There is also the tried and true concept (lets call it the Tabasco Truism for lack of a better name) that if you are in a hurry to sell lower your price. If you got time though on your hands, stick with your price and wait for the right buyer.

Incidentally if the 92 fills all your needs, keep that and sell the more expensive of the two to raise the money. If you feel like the 92 is lacking though, sounds like a great time for you to upgrade. I imagine color preference is a BIG factor though as it always seems to be for these cars. This would probably be a little harder if both were the same color (I know it would be for me)

Last edited:
Hey Shawn. I was just looking at some past asking prices for 2005 NSX with clean titles. There was one, in particular, that was for sale in my area with less then 12k miles and he was asking 65k. Like others have said the problem is your asking a bunch of money for a car with a blemish on it's history. I know you've documented every aspect of the build and it's probably better than it was before but it's still branded. Like Star Wars The Phantom Menace, it can not be undone (that's a rather discrete reference to the review of the Phantom Menace that's on YouTube...it's pretty funny) . That being said you should list both cars for what you think is a reasonable price and let fate decide which one you keep.

Good luck to you.

If you are going to buy the new one, I say keep the 92. The 92 is a better example of the original NSX concept. Most people upgrade to the 02+ because they want the most modernized NSX. Of course, the most modern NSX soon will be the 2015.

Thus, I think you should keep the original, sell the 04 and put the money in your 2015 NSX fund.

My 2 cents.

If you are going to buy the new one, I say keep the 92. The 92 is a better example of the original NSX concept. Most people upgrade to the 02+ because they want the most modernized NSX. Of course, the most modern NSX soon will be the 2015.

Thus, I think you should keep the original, sell the 04 and put the money in your 2015 NSX fund.

My 2 cents.

Exactly.

02+ is a feeble attempt of Honda trying to pull in buyers. it failed and wasn't the original song and dance of the NSX with all of these wanna be F360/Mitsubishi headlights look.

Shawn, I think you should stick with the '92. You have always loved and enjoyed driving it, and you constantly stated that you will keep it until you die, so keep it :cool: We all know that it will be difficult to sell a car that has a rebuilt title, but your case is different. Your '04 is well documented here on NSX Prime, and I'm sure someone will purchase it in due time (Spring/Summer??). I'm positive everyone who has followed your thread can vouch for you. Good luck with your sale.

My 2 cents.

^ this

thanks guys I am sure I will keep my first NSX

I mean I still have my rusty college car on the side of my house
1993 Accord 5-speed it still runs I start it up every few months to keep it alive. rusty is a mild word for it. it has all the JDM stuff glowing bumper pole, side corning foglights, etc.etc

Keep the 04 cause you definitely won't get your asking price, if you do consider it luck. Only us guys on prime no what you put into it, not the said be consumer. Just my 2 cents, great job btw.

Shawn as was said the most likely way a car like this(04) will get sold quickly is if buyers feel they are getting a deal.....this vs a pristine 04 in which buyers are in search of the best example of the breed.Regardless, if you maintain the broadest scope in advertising and can waite,then just start price reductions till you reach that magic number.

Shawn as was said the most likely way a car like this(04) will get sold quickly is if buyers feel they are getting a deal.....this vs a pristine 04 in which buyers are in search of the best example of the breed.Regardless, if you maintain the broadest scope in advertising and can waite,then just start price reductions till you reach that magic number.

Ur very clever....

Back