• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

whiteNSXs HID Headlights

Purchased Steve's Kit 6000K Much brighter than the 8000K set I had before. Comes with everything and very well explained on installation. Don't hesitate!:smile:

Thanks Steve!

whiteNSXs said:
I recently changed my set-up to 4300k since I use HID foglights and headlights together all the time.

Steve, this is the reason I have never wanted to get the HID lights. I drive ALWAYS with at least the foglights on. The foglights are standard for all NSX's in Australia and I use them to be a bit more visible on the road in the daytime! (Having had many SUV's try drive over the top of me beacuse they can't see a low slung sports car from their elevated position)

If there was a way to install a HID kit into the foglights AND the low beam where the colours would match like the OEM setup... I'd be in for that set-up!

Do you do it?

AU_NSX said:
Steve, this is the reason I have never wanted to get the HID lights. I drive ALWAYS with at least the foglights on. The foglights are standard for all NSX's in Australia and I use them to be a bit more visible on the road in the daytime! (Having had many SUV's try drive over the top of me beacuse they can't see a low slung sports car from their elevated position)

If there was a way to install a HID kit into the foglights AND the low beam where the colours would match like the OEM setup... I'd be in for that set-up!

Do you do it?
Absolutely! My car has both HID for the low beams and the foglights. I will be more than happy to build you a set. In fact I have built Martin 3 sets of HIDs for his low beams, high beams, and foglights.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Absolutely! My car has both HID for the low beams and the foglights. I will be more than happy to build you a set. In fact I have built Martin 3 sets of HIDs for his low beams, high beams, and foglights.
Steve

Steve,

I sent you a PM for the order!

Thanks... Mike

whiteNSXs said:
Steve

Damn Steve..are they ready?

I forgot about you for a while as I lately have been focused on buying rims and a racebike here.

PM me the status and I am sure I can allocate some funds for more HID power :)

Regards

Uhh Steve, I think we were going 110 when the first cop stopped us and maybe 70 over the grapevine in the 2nd "incident." Good work talking your way out of that one, btw. My earlier offer still stands. Let me know.

I have Steve's 5300 set because I was worried about the higher rated lights perhaps having a bluish quality, which I didn't want. The only issue I had, since answered, is the seeming vibration of the light cast.

Now way in h*** I could have done the install myself, but one of my sons is an electrician - done deal.

Bob

Red97T said:
The only issue I had, since answered, is the seeming vibration of the light cast.

Since the bulbs are installed the same way as the factory bulbs, I can't really see why the HID kit will have more vibration.

The only thing I can think of is that the OEM lights don't have as well defined borders. So when they shake, they are not noticable. Once I installed the HID, I noticed that the borders are a lot more well defined and I can see it shake a bit. It never bothers me. It is interesting to watch the light bounce of other cars though.

I guess it probably shake more when the car is lowered.

Totally awesome. I wouldn't buy anywhere else. Thx Steve. Here are pics of mine:) I get looks EVERYWHERE I go! People look at it like its a UFO or something lol.

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

Steve, thanks for coming by and taking the time to help me out. Wow what a improvement! When I got you onto highway 85 man it was so lit up! oh yeah thanks for letting me direct you onto 85 to 280 last night ;)

makena88 said:
Steve, thanks for coming by and taking the time to help me out. Wow what a improvement! When I got you onto highway 85 man it was so lit up! oh yeah thanks for letting me direct you onto 85 to 280 last night ;)
No, thank YOU for choosing my products over others. If you remember, our 2 CTSCed black NSXs passed this black 300ZX at left and right shortly before you took the exit. He then was sticking next to me as if I would even race him. I had to brake to slow down behind him to exit to the 280 North. Funny when an NSX shows up, people just get all challenging, much less when 2 supercharged NSX drove by.:biggrin:
Thanks a million.
Steve

Here is my picture. 5300k Sorry car is dirty :(

NSXHID.jpg

Hi Steve,

I'd like to ge a HID set ASAP.

I Want 6000k Set!

Which Ballasts do you use?
What exactly do you do in wiring that make your set different/better?
Warranty?

What do you know about the Phillips Ultinon Slim ballast kits?

Thanks!
Raj

RajNSX said:
Hi Steve,

I'd like to ge a HID set ASAP.

I Want 6000k Set!

Which Ballasts do you use?
What exactly do you do in wiring that make your set different/better?
Warranty?

What do you know about the Phillips Ultinon Slim ballast kits?

Thanks!
Raj
Hi guys,
I have had a lot of inquiries about the differences of the kits I sell Vs the generic kits that are available.
Rather than answering one by one multiple times, I will explain here for anybody who is interested in a HID conversion. I started out as a consumer and have seen and touched just about any available HID kits out there. As far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong, there is NO Japanese made HID kit other than the older Catz kits. There are kits that claim to be Japanese but the actual assembling is from other Asian places.
The Mcculloch kits that I sell are currently made in Taiwan. Mind you the "made in Taiwan" stigma is a thing from yesterday. They have gone through 3 more generations and are currently in the 5th generation of ballasts. They have been very very reliable and high quality. The word "Japanese made" does not mean superior quality anyway.
Before I ship the kits, I purchase about $40 worth of extra materials and sit down for 2 hours to do the fabrications, soldering, and bench testing each kit. All the wiring joints are with old school soldering. I also make a step by step blueprint/instructions for the buyer to do a easy Plug-and Play installation which typically takes 60 to 90 minutes. The term "Plug and Play" is just too loosely used. This installation manual becomes part of the service record and anyone will be able to service the HID if needed.
My target buyers are people that are not very handy or people that like to have a nice DIY project for a weekend morning. I personally do not like other people adding aftermarket electrical parts, splicing and tapping wires on my cars. In the case of the
kit I sell, there is no hole to drill, no wire to splice, no fussing with the seal caps, and hence NO stalling.
With the generic kits, which I had installed 4 sets in the past in the NSXs before I started building my custom kits, the biggest obstacle is to put the seal caps back on. Depending on the shape of HID bulbs, someones are able to reuse the stock caps, but a lot of people including myself were not that lucky so instant improvisions are needed. Some people actually leave out the seal caps and I think it is just not right.
I have used 4300k, 5300k, and 6000k in my kits. On paper, the 4300k has the highest lumens and the 6000k has perhaps 10% less. But in real life, NO ONE can tell the difference in the intensities. They are all very bright. However, everyone can tell the difference in colors. The 4300k is the most yellowish among the three. The 5300k is white with a very slight tinge of yellow. The 6000k is by far the whitest with a diamond like brilliance. The photographic flash, which resembles midday sunlight, has a color temp of 5600k. So 5300k and 6000k both give you close to the color spectrum of midday sunlight will give. I sell overwhelmingly more 6000k kits than 5300k kits. 4300k kits, two so far.
Another observation that someone might get is that the HID kits give a little vibrations when going through bumps. This is really from the more intense HID beams with sharp cut-offs which intensify this observation. It is not from the HID kit itself. This vibration is actually inherant in all retractable headlights. I recently re-did my HID and had the stock halogen bulbs back on my car for 2 months. I paid particular attention to the halogen beams which did vibrate in rough road. With HID, it is just a little more noticeable.
My current prices for the 5300k kits are $389, and 6000k for $399. Shipping is $10.
Again I want to thank everyone who bought my kit for their supports of my hobby which allows me to fuel the NSX crackpipe and various charitable causes.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited:
whiteNSXs said:
My current prices for the 5300k kits are $389, and 6000k for $399. Shipping is $10.

You convinced me I want a 6000K kit how do i order?:biggrin:

Do u offer a deal if I buy a set for high and low beam?

steve

will u have a bulb replacement for my 04 HID. i want a 6000k :smile:

Well, looks I'm the latest in the growing list of NSX'rs who have gone the whiteNSX HID route. :smile: I ordered my set of the 6000k a couple of days ago and have them in hand in 3 days. Talk about great satisfaction for those who are big on instant gratification. :biggrin: Anyway, I should have time tomorrow to do the install and I'll take a bunch of pics to add to the mix. Can't wait!

Just drove home with mine tonight....probably $ for $ the best upgrade I've done on my car yet. I put these in probably about 6 months ago, and I still admire how great they work.

If you haven't done this mod on a non HID nsx, you're nuts. :smile:

Wow... I just installed my kit and it really is super simple. Love the fact that there was absolutely no soldering to do, no wire cutting and splicing, perfect for someone who's not that comfortable with electrical work. All you need is a screwdriver, a 10 mm socket, and scissors to cut the wire ties! It took me about an hour and a half, but knowing how to do it now, I could probably have it done the next time in about half an hour. Anyway, the 6000k is dead on. It matches up exactly with the white LED bulbs I have in the corners and is a beautiful crisp white with just a hint of blue. I'll post some pics later once I've had a chance to spend some time and take some good ones. They'll show a comparison with my old hyper white bulbs which I thought were already quite nice. The HIDs though, are at a whole other level. 1993 NSX... say hello to the 21st century! :biggrin:

whiteNSX, are your HID headlights designed for left hand drive nsx only? Can it be used for RHD models? How much is shipping to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?

nsxinkl said:
whiteNSX, are your HID headlights designed for left hand drive nsx only? Can it be used for RHD models? How much is shipping to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?
Hi,
My kit will work with the Northern American models left hand drive cars, and the European cars including the British RHD cars. I have built a few kits for the Europeans and currently shipping 2 sets to Australia. Shipping to Malaysia will probably cost $30 USD but I always refund the difference if USPS actually charges less. The only thing that I need from you is the kind of bulbs that your car has since the wirings are different and installation manuals are specific to different configurations.
Thanks for your interest.
Steve

Hi

I got my NSX out yesterday and I put the HI beam's in. Looks good. If you get low you got to get high :)

671129042006_002_.jpg

671129042006_001_.jpg

Regards

I couldn't be happier with whiteNSX's kit. One of ballasts went kablamo and Steve's HID kit was a great option.

In fact, I think I will look into buying a Kit for my best friend's NSX for xmas this year. :biggrin:

BladesNSX said:
I couldn't be happier with whiteNSX's kit. One of ballasts went kablamo and Steve's HID kit was a great option.

In fact, I think I will look into buying a Kit for my best friend's NSX for xmas this year. :biggrin:
Kevin,
You are talking about the ballast from your old SOS kit, right?
Regards,
Steve

Back