• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who abandoned their NSX in Dubai?

Who abandoned their NSX in Dubai?

Link:
http://jalopnik.com/#!5788873/why-was-this-acura-nsx-left-to-die-in-dubai/gallery/1

xlarge_nsx_dubai_splash.jpg

xlarge_img_3653.jpg

xlarge_img_3656.jpg

xlarge_img_3654.jpg

Fadid Habib — This Acura NSX is all alone in the big bad world, left next to some dumpsters to rot. Well, it can't actually rot since it's all aluminum, so like other supercars left to die across the Arabian peninsula, it's decorating yet another forsaken Dubai development.

Our fruitless detective work so far revealed that the early pop-up headlight NSX has been there for at least six months, and even the Dubai Police have no idea who the owner is. The absolutely pristine interior features contrasting stitching, an option that was only offered from 1992, as was the yellow paint. Apart from the 17-inch OZ wheels, everything on the car is completely original, while a quick look underneath says that all seems true down there too. We've no idea whether it ever came with that bespoke luggage or not.

It's a proper five speed car instead of the pansy four-speed auto (a six-speed tranny only came in 1997 with the bigger 3.2-liter unit), but even though we can't see the mileage, the telltale wear on the shift lever, steering wheel and pedals is minimal.

We've knocked on doors, interrogated security guards and left countless notes (which continuously disappear, being replaced by other people's ambitious notes), but six months down the line this awesome NSX still hasn't found an owner. Will it be a Jumeirah Village stray for life, or will it end up at a police auction? We don't know, though one thing's for sure; it's by far the coolest piece of landscaping in this massive Dubai construction site they call a community.

Considering the remarkable condition of this early-to-mid-90s supercar (easily worth between $30,000-$40,000 depending on condition and mileage), it's positively sinful for its potential final resting place to be a gap next to a bunch of dumpsters.

Walk through the gallery above to see more.

jetpilot probably knows.

Can they not check the VIN?

Strange...

Maybe the guy was rich and when the knob for the temp broke he decided to replace the car?

true or maybe the aspirator fan is so friggen loud(like mine) that he just could not take it anymore.

Interesting find!

That interior isn't stock is it?

No it's not stock, look at the DD headunit, the color of the console, the, pattern of the seats. The door handles are all silver and I mean everything, handle leather etc.

The rear valence is painted the same color as far as I know not an option on early NSX USDM or JDM.

What it is though is a crying shame, how can you just leave a car like that on the road:confused:

Door panels have been recovered. FWIW

Not to mention the rear wheel plastic cover. Looks shreaded.
And missing the front OEM lip

Last edited:
Haha maybe im going blind but that shot of the interior is crystal clean, this smells like a fishy post. If the window is up and the car is locked. How did u get such a clean picture of the interior. ??????????

Yeah, lots of things going on with this car.
If it's a USDM, it's either a 1991 or 1992 since there's no passenger airbag and no cup holder/split center console.
Exhaust isn't stock (and it's twisted)
Color isn't original for a 1991 or 1992 (Spa Yellow came out in 1997)
It also appears to be missing the temperature control knob on the A/C... among the other things already listed.

Maybe its the rapture. Another guy left his beamer behind. Also they must of had a wings west front lip, damn that 3m tape took some of the oem spa yellow paint off from the front lower bumper.

Hey guys,

This car was brought to my attention last week when on Facebook someone from CAR Magazine caught site of it.

I'm planning to look at the car on Friday morning to get the VIN number.

Now I've got dibs....LOL!:biggrin:

I'll revert back with the VIN and hopefully a more accurate report than our friends at Jalopnik

There's another 91 automatic for sale in the used car market for $32k

I too had a very noisy aspirator fan. I took it apart the other night, removed the two screws securing it to the console; removed two more screws securing the motor and cleaned out all the debris that had been sucked into the fan. I then put a very small drop of light oil on the bearings and reassembled. Now quiet as a mouse. :smile::smile:

Gary

true or maybe the aspirator fan is so friggen loud(like mine) that he just could not take it anymore.

I too had a very noisy aspirator fan. I took it apart the other night, removed the two screws securing it to the console; removed two more screws securing the motor and cleaned out all the debris that had been sucked into the fan. I then put a very small drop of light oil on the bearings and reassembled. Now quiet as a mouse. :smile::smile:

Gary

can you do a photo write up?

Back