• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who abandoned their NSX in Dubai?

Pardon me if I missed this in any earlier posts but has anyone found this on google maps or google earth? Assuming the car's been there for a few months, it should show up. Who knows Dubai well enough to find the orange buildings in the background? :)

Pardon me if I missed this in any earlier posts but has anyone found this on google maps or google earth? Assuming the car's been there for a few months, it should show up. Who knows Dubai well enough to find the orange buildings in the background? :)

Read through the earlier posts as I live there and have been to see the car numerous times; its still there. Google Earth doesn't update Dubai all that often and its sat images are way outdated. I looked at where this car sits in Jumeriah Village and its not shown on the street...

Here's an update. Cameron very kindly told me where to find it so I went for a look this morning and took a few more shots. Still looking pretty sad.

I read the thread here and elsewhere ages ago, but what sparked my interest was that it has appeared on one of our local online auction sites. As I think Cameron mentioned previously people have tried to sell it before as scams, so this is more than likely the same, but worth pursuing out of interest.

The story is that it's on Saudi Export papers but they been lost and the car belonged to a now deceased husband. It does also reference AED50k being spent on the interior (which does look good) that's $13.5k?? Asking price on the site AED25k, under $7k... as they say if it looks too good...

I've got a few government friends in Saudi so if there are any records at all should be able to dig out any old papers if they exist. It's worth a few calls and a bit of baksheesh :smile:

Forgive me if I'm going over old ground.

Here are some updated pics, similar to before, just dustier!

2xNSX-Small-1.jpg
2xNSX-Small-3.jpg
2xNSX-Small-4.jpg
2xNSX-Small-5.jpg
2xNSX-Small-6.jpg
2xNSX-Small-7.jpg
2xNSX-Small-8.jpg
2xNSX-Small-9.jpg
2xNSX-Small-10.jpg
2xNSX-Small-11.jpg
2xNSX-Small-12.jpg
2xNSX-Small-13.jpg
2xNSX-Small-2.jpg

Glad you were able to find it Matt.

You know if this was a deceased husbands car then why wouldn't one clean it out of respect for their dead loved one...hmmmm...:confused: the sale posted on Dubizzle is certainly yet another scam. One thing to ask the person selling it is what was the car's original color....it was red! See if she knows this...I doubt it.

One thing I wonder about with these evidently abandoned cars is why they would lock the car and take the keys if they have no intention of coming back? If you are abandoning the car there, then why do you care if it is locked up? :confused:

I would also think that rather than abandon a car, why not just sell it for whatever you could get for it? Heck....getting even $1,000 is better than nothing.

You know if this was a deceased husbands car then why wouldn't one clean it out of respect for their dead loved one...hmmmm...:confused: the sale posted on Dubizzle is certainly yet another scam. One thing to ask the person selling it is what was the car's original color....it was red! See if she knows this...I doubt it.

Directions were perfect thanks :smile:

No reply yet from the advert, but hey it is Eid... You kind of think I'd at least get a reply else why else advertise it??

I'll keep you all posted.

Definitely need that beer when you're back Cam...

American Honda's database shows that it was originally Black/Ivory. So either red was itself a repaint, or American Honda for whatever reason fudged the data on this car.

Ben - my bad I meant Black not Red (P.S. I'll reply to your email shortly)

Someone asked why not sell a car for anything then leave...

A person simply can't sell a car in Dubai for say $1000 because transfer of ownership can only be done at the registration department when a new title card is issued. Unlike the U.S. you are not allowed to sign anything over as everything here is imprinted card or automated. Typically you and the seller go to the registration department and once the car is transferred over you then pay the seller. So people abscond knowing this...

Matt - as we've discussed many people have tried selling this NSX claiming its theirs. I'd be shocked should the current ad on Dubizzle be legit. Beer thirty when I return as I'd like to see your car!

This is my car. My husband brought it to Duabi frm KSA 10 yrs ago. The car is not stolen. It is nw forsale for whoever can sort out the paperwork. It was deregistered in KSA and sent to Dubai with black ex[ort plates. Papers were lost.

This is not a scam... my husband was Saudi and never Transferred the ownership in Dubai. I left Dubai right b4 he died.

You know nothing and have no right to post about this vehicle. FIrstly as an expat you have n way to register the car or even get away with driving it. So dont bother.

This is not a scam... my husband was Saudi and never Transferred the ownership in Dubai. I left Dubai right b4 he died.

You know nothing and have no right to post about this vehicle. FIrstly as an expat you have n way to register the car or even get away with driving it. So dont bother.

relaxxx..can you just tell the price you want...if you are who u say you are

We care about Our NSX's for you to let this RARE car die in the desert cuz you lost the papers. we are Sorry that your husband has passed and he probably loved this car. you do-not love thsi car as we all can see.

take you punishment.

Sell the car make some extra money and Make us CAR guys happy. by giving this NSX a second chance I think your husband would have wanted his NSX treated better than you have treated it.

wow talk about amazing things.....more than likely a grieving widow is not going to take the time to log onto a car website and defend the car in such a way...now a scam artist who is trying to shill this car might try it......just sayin.....

We understand and are very sorry for the loss of your Husband

We hope things are better for you soon.

your Husband would be happy to see his car givien a second chance to a new owner

We understand and are very sorry for the loss of your Husband

We hope things are better for you soon.

your Husband would be happy to see his car givien a second chance to a new owner

Thank you. It has taken a year to get around to doing this. I also have a Jeep to sell that was his also.

I only came across this site from searching the VIN and almost passed out.
Notice I joined the site back in 2001 when we were looking for parts and stuff for the car.

NSXSCForums.xml - ojas
ojas.net/nsx/mirror/nsxsc/NSXSCForums.xml- Block all ojas.net results
Not helpful? You can block ojas.net results when you're signed in to search.ojas.net
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
... 6 86 Parts for a 91 needed beshbusha July 17, 2001 09:33 AM http://www.nsxsc .com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000087.html 6 87 H&R Performance Springs - currently ...

See...l was looking for parts back then on another forum for the car. I am real and the car is real.

Back