• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

who has the fastest all/motor nsx

Just the intelligent toes.

And with that comment, I think the conversation is so far from the OP's first post that further discussion with you is pointless. Happy New Year.

The suspicion is not that he is running fuel with a massively high octane rating – that would just let you up the compression ratio. The suspicion is that he’s injecting something that releases oxygen in the combustion chamber.

I fully understand that the contention is that he's a using some o2 enhancing or other fuel (since the OP has already stated that he's not on pump gas). However, as stated previously, there is no sanctioning body to prohibit it's use. Just as there are no certain rules against running an NSX at 2500lbs, or using a certain transmission, or using a specific tire, or a specific cam, or from using nitromethane, or alcohol, or fuel w/i a certain octane range, leaded or unleaded, or certain compression ratio, etc. Is there a list from the Intl. Commission of All Motor Standards and Records of approved fuels for all motor applications? Would a "world's fastest turbo NSX" claim be invalid if they were using nitrous, or water/meth injection, or an o2 enhancing fuel? Is there an Intl. Commission of Turbo Standards and Records?

Last edited:
Is there a list from the Intl. Commission of All Motor Standards and Records of approved fuels for all motor applications?

No, but since oxygen-carrying NOS seems not to be allowed in costa's "all motor" races, I assume other oxygen carriers with the same net effect are also prohibited for cars claimed to be "all motor". I've never looked into the rules of the Greek street racing association to be sure, though :smile:.

Edit: Article 19 of the F1 technical regulations states that the fuel used in F1 race cars must be “petrol as this term is generally understood.” Article 19 goes on to state, “The detailed requirements of this Article are intended to ensure the use of fuels that are composed of compounds normally found in commercial fuels and to prohibit the use of specific power-boosting chemical compounds.”

Petrol aka gasoline (a hydrocarbon) is composed of hydrogen and carbon and can burn only in the presence of oxygen.

Nitromethane is composed of H and C (like gasoline), plus N and O (like nitrous oxide). It’s kind of like gasoline with built-in NOS. Gasoline needs oxygen from the atmosphere to burn and the amount of power you can make is limited by how much boost you are running or how much air your engine can suck through the intake manifold. With nitromethane that limitation falls away. The amount of power you can make is pretty much independent of how much air you can get into the cylinders.

Running your car on gasoline and nitromethane, you could inject as much gasoline as is necessary given the amount of air the engine is inhaling. In addition, you could inject as much nitromethane as is possible before your engine block cracks, your cylinder head gasket blows, etc. I wonder what the horsepower limit would be on an NSX engine running on a mix of gasoline and nitromethane. You would probably run into similar issues and limits as with a turbo. It would require a much lower initial investment but you'd have higher fuel costs per mile.

Now as to whether the Greek street racing association would rule that a car running on gasoline and a power-boosting chemical compound is still "all motor" is another matter...

Last edited:
I've never looked into the rules of the Greek street racing association to be sure, though :smile:.

I'm sure the list of rules of Greek Street Racing Association are quite extensive. :)

Edit: Article 19 of the F1 technical regulations states that the fuel used in F1 race cars...

Oh no, you did not bring up F1 tech regulations in comparison to costa's claim. ;) Maybe costa cooled his fuel as well?

And with that comment, I think the conversation is so far from the OP's first post that further discussion with you is pointless. Happy New Year.

"I'm beginning to think that costa may have stepped on some very sensitive toes." You started it. Happy New Year.

No sanctioning bodies needed here. As I said before, just a little honesty, transparency and a little critical thinking. If one were to claim 11.635 in an all motor NSX, the obvious and immediate follow-up question is (and should be) how? This thread started that way and I read and did not comment initially. After costas posted his other times that day, for 3 consecutive runs of 11.735, 11.733, 11.730, I got my answer- unsophisticated story teller. Assuming total static conditions of wind, air temp, track temps, tire temps, engine and driveline temps, amount of gas, and a myriad of other conditions (aka impossible), even under total controlled situations driven by a computer, a 5/1000ths of a second spread on three consecutive runs can only happen in your imagination. Which is why my first question to the OP was if he were running any nitromethane or nitropropane. Costas's unwillingness to directly deny it's usage and vague descriptions of his setup is glaring.

2710 lbs with driver. Assuming he weighs no more than 140lbs, his car would have to be 2570. Anyone following the weightloss thread will know that will lead you to a nearly stripped down car, even with a quarter tank of gas. Possible? Yes, but not probable. Have a quick discussion of weight reduction with anyone who has seriously tried, and the conversation usually starts at lexan windows, single carbon fiber seat, removed all nonessential wiring, not novice starting points such as "imagine i replaced my 19.1 kilos battery with a red top 15 that weighs 4kilos, seats are both carbon weighing 6.2kilos each with rails". The pop-up NA-1 lights and tinted rear hatch tell me otherwise. Again, unsophisticated story teller.

If you want to be a purist with the original title, then add NOS to the consideration. Does he have the "fastest all/motor nsx" as the post states? Well likely no if someone is running a faster time with NOS. The fact that he has denied NOS does not affect the title does it? His denial of NOS and his non-denial of Nitromethane/propane should both be secondary and equally valid qualifiers in the subsequent discussion. "not pump gaz" sounds more like premixed nitromethane plus race gas.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
I'm sure the list of rules of Greek Street Racing Association are quite extensive. :)

They are!! I've only made it to page 476 and am still in the middle of the section regarding Proper Gyro Torque Specs During Racing. Sure it's a long read, but you never know when you might be up for a street race in Greece.

Since he is using an alternate fuel, technically he is in the same category as someone who is spraying NOS...there's no forced induction, but your fuel/air has been altered.

So I would have to rank him among people who are at least spraying.

All in all, the whole thing is pointless.

"not pump gaz" sounds more like premixed nitromethane plus race gas.

That would also give you a good reason to install stand-alone engine management on an NA 3.0 - which costa says he did. One map for gasoline, another map for the gasoline/nitromethane mix. Run gasoline during daily driving and fill her up with gasoline/nitromethane when you're playing for money.

When people get suspicious and check for an NOS tank - there is none. Nitromethane is a liquid at room temperature and you can hide it in the fuel tank.

Nitromethane would also be a good mod not to mention if you don't want others to know your secret, build the "worlds fastest all motor nsx" themselves, and steal your title. It's easy and cheap to replicate. All you probably need is a source for the gasoline/nitromethane mix and a second map for your engine management system.

Oh no, you did not bring up F1 tech regulations in comparison to costa's claim. ;)

I know, I know...

Last edited:
Since he is using an alternate fuel, technically he is in the same category as someone who is spraying NOS...there's no forced induction, but your fuel/air has been altered.

So I would have to rank him among people who are at least spraying.

All in all, the whole thing is pointless.

Unless he's using the special fuel from the turbo era of F1 back in the 1980's, even with that, the gain will be practically none.

Only NOS will make this possible.

Like I said in the past, show us:

What's been done to the engine and transmission.

and

What's been done to the car and its weight.

Unless he's using the special fuel from the turbo era of F1 back in the 1980's, even with that, the gain will be practically none.

Only NOS will make this possible.

Like I said in the past, show us:

What's been done to the engine and transmission.

and

What's been done to the car and its weight.

Actually Vance, Nitromethane has nearly 2.5 times the energy per unit volume of combusted air than gasoline. Just a 1:4 mix (20%) of Nitromethane to gasoline could yield 30% more hp than straight gas alone in a NA setup. A 325 rwhp @ 8000 rpm NA 3.0 on 100% gasoline could yield upwards of 420 rwhp with 20% Nitromethane.

Regards,

Danny

It is always nice to read about "what I have accomplished" statements when it has nothing to do with the topic. If you want to talk about dragsters, please start a new thread in off topic, I'm sure you will have plenty of people discuss the subject with you, but not here.

Great job, please tell me more about your daily driver 7.x second dragster. I love the story.:rolleyes: I WILL TAKE YOU VERY SERIOUS!!!:cool:

Vance, is the subject of this car a completely stock OEM vehicle? If so, I sincerely apologize; if not, then you are once again completely out of your depth in this discussion. Perhaps you should just stick to tiresome lectures about how great parts only come from Japanese vendors or how the stock intake system is never a limitation.

I can understand your resent meant towards "what I have accomplished" statements - Have you personally EVER actually built a fast car? I mean for real, in your garage, not by just writing checks or in theoretically in some internet argument?

Did I say the back-half car was a 'daily driver'? I have to wonder if your misrepresentation is an honest mistake or if you are just being petty (again). Anyone who actually had any practical knowledge of performance cars would have read my description of it as a 'back-half' car as a clear statement it was not intended to be used on the street.

Just to clarify, the EF we threw together was street legal, with an inspection sticker and plates and ran on pump gas. Naturally Aspirated. And, yes, it would run 11s all day long.

Lastly, my discussion about drag cars is entirely relevant; after all, that is the subject of this thread: a car used for drag racing (both on the track and on the street apparently). So, no, Vance, thank you so much for your advice, but I will not "start a new thread."
------------

To get back to the drag car that is the subject of the original post, I am very skeptical, but have a hard time saying outright that it is impossible without knowing what all of the modifications (to both the motor and the chassis) are. BTW, nitromethane is very difficult to use in a motor that is going to run for more than a few minutes. It is very corrosive, attacks fuel system parts and even breaks down the oil in the engine rather quickly. Even in partial mixtures, it is just very hard on the motor. It is not a good solution if you want your (in this case expensive) motor to last very long. But, I see people make foolish choices every day. . .

So, to attempt to address this in a logical and practical manner, lets start with the assumption that, as a dedicated drag car it has been gutted and is very light. I think that is fair, as any of us with practical performance car building experience would start with that. Pick a number you personally are comfortable with: 2700lbs/2800lbs/whatever. As a benchmark, with perfect efficiency, a 2700lb vehicle needs about 335 whp to hit 11.75. (I know this weight number is very low, but lets just use it as a starting point)

If it is a stock long block, then the claim does streatch credulity (to be polite). Bolt-ons just aren't going to get you there.

With very high compression, cylinder head work, custom intake system, cams, custom headers, custom gearing, etc. it is still a long shot but is possible. Not likely, but possible. It also occurs to me that if you had a custom R&P and a 9K rpm redline, you could get a pretty high net gear ratio and still theoretically trap at the required speed. Wheel sizing could also help the net gear ratio.

With all of that and more displacement, it starts to transition into the realm of believability.

That said, - and this is directed at the OP - I believe that if you are going to make a claim to have either done something generally considered impossible or to have built the fastest/biggest/best of anything, it is up to you to provide reasonable evidence. A time slip is a good start. But without some explanation of how you did it, it is not even close to being sufficient if you expect to convince a significant number of people of your claim. As an example, my very first turbo nsx could run 11s on street tires if I granny-shifted the whole way. So, a time slip and a video of that car would not prove much if I claimed I did it with a normally-aspirated motor.

I guess it boils down to this: if you truly are running that fast normally-aspirated and don't care if anyone else believes you, then congratulations. If you want us to acknowledge the accomplishment, you need to provide more information. I hope you chose the later, as I am always eager to learn more and add to what I have picked up during my experience in building performance cars.

my .02

Last edited:
To get back to the drag car that is the subject of the original post, I am very skeptical, but have a hard time saying outright that it is impossible without knowing what all of the modifications (to both the motor and the chassis) are. BTW, nitromethane is very difficult to use in a motor that is going to run for more than a few minutes. It is very corrosive, attacks fuel system parts and even breaks down the oil in the engine rather quickly. Even in partial mixtures, it is just very hard on the motor. It is not a good solution if you want your (in this case expensive) motor to last very long. But, I see people make foolish choices every day. . .

So, to address this in a logical and practical manner, lets start with the assumption that, as a dedicated drag car it has been gutted and is very light. I think that is fair, as any of us with practical performance car building experience would start with that. Pick a number you personally are comfortable with: 2700lbs/2800lbs/whatever. As a benchmark, with perfect efficiency, a 2700lb vehicle needs about 335 whp to hit 11.75. (I know this weight number is very low, but lets just use it as a starting point)

If it is a stock long block, then the claim does streatch credulity (to be polite). Bolt-ons just aren't going to get you there.

With very high compression, cylinder head work, custom intake system, cams, custom headers, custom gearing, etc. it is still a long shot but is possible. Not likely, but possible. It also occurs to me that if you had a custom R&P and a 9K rpm redline, you could get a pretty high net gear ratio and still theoretically trap at the required speed. Wheel sizing could also help the net gear ratio.

With all of that and more displacement, it starts to transition into the realm of believability.

That said, - and this is directed at the OP - I believe that if you are going to make a claim to have either done something generally considered impossible or to have built the fastest/biggest/best of anything, it is up to you to provide reasonable evidence. A time slip is a good start. But without some explanation of how you did it, it is not even close to being sufficient if you expect to convince a significant number of people of your claim. As an example, my very first turbo nsx could run 11s on street tires if I granny-shifted the whole way. So, a time slip and a video of that car would not prove much if I claimed I did it with a normally-aspirated motor.

I guess it boils down to this: if you truly are running that fast normally-aspirated and don't care if anyone else believes you, then congratulations. If you want us to acknowledge the accomplishment, you need to provide more information. I hope you chose the later, as I am always eager to learn more and add to what I have picked up during my experience in building performance cars.

my .02

+1 from the start. The 11.735, 11.733, 11.730 on three consecutive runs was just too over the top though and I became very skeptical about his credibility from that point on. Reminds me of faked enzyme kinetic lab results in college. As for Nitro, Armando has been using 2-nitropropane+ meth for some time to reduce turbo lag on his large turbo setup.

Regards,

Danny

Vance, is the subject of this car a completely stock OEM vehicle? If so, I sincerely apologize; if not, then you are once again completely out of your depth in this discussion. Perhaps you should just stick to tiresome lectures about how great parts only come from Japanese vendors or how the stock intake system is never a limitation.

I can understand your resent meant towards "what I have accomplished" statements - Have you personally EVER actually built a fast car? I mean for real, in your garage, not by just writing checks or in theoretically in some internet argument?

Did I say the back-half car was a 'daily driver'? I have to wonder if your misrepresentation is an honest mistake or if you are just being petty (again). Anyone who actually had any practical knowledge of performance cars would have read my description of it as a 'back-half' car as a clear statement it was not intended to be used on the street.

Just to clarify, the EF we threw together was street legal, with an inspection sticker and plates and ran on pump gas. Naturally Aspirated. And, yes, it would run 11s all day long.

Lastly, my discussion about drag cars is entirely relevant; after all, that is the subject of this thread: a car used for drag racing (both on the track and on the street apparently). So, no, Vance, thank you so much for your advice, but I will not "start a new thread."
------------

So, to attempt to address this in a logical and practical manner, lets start with the assumption that, as a dedicated drag car it has been gutted and is very light. I think that is fair, as any of us with practical performance car building experience would start with that. Pick a number you personally are comfortable with: 2700lbs/2800lbs/whatever. As a benchmark, with perfect efficiency, a 2700lb vehicle needs about 335 whp to hit 11.75. (I know this weight number is very low, but lets just use it as a starting point)

my .02
It's a new year, new approach, new attitude. Peace brother!!!

First off, read the following. This is his secret sauce!!!

as far as what i can say the car has high compression cp custom pistons, crazy cams, headers, complete exhaust, big throttle body, air filter, stand alone and most of the secret lies in the gearing we had tested for a magazine and with the v-box 0-60mph in 3.6sec

David, let’s assume that this guy went out of his way and did every thing mentioned; therefore, by theory... actually, a lot more than added theory by Primers such as: 9k plus RPM, polished heads/port, Special Fuel... from the Greece aero space moon landing team, etc. he achieved 11.7x 1/4 mile.

Every thing is possible, but in my opinion, the possibility diminished every time a small piece of information is disclosed.

I find it very hard for any one go out of their way, using Danny's Nitromethane, built a super high compression motor with super short gearing, raised the RPM without using custom connecting rods, and had some guy in Greece that can tune the NSX better than most of the companies I know… Get the point?

What kind of crazy cams was he talking about, who made it?

What type of headers/exhaust (Cantrell, SOS, JDM, DC Sports, Taitec)?

What type of Gearing ratio, manufacture?

And the standard stuff such as AF, BBT, etc.

So

If this guy can is doing this in GREECE, I assume there has to be other guys either in the US or Japan achieved similar results.

Since I haven't seen one yet after 19 years of NSX's existence, I COMPLETELY doubt his accomplishment.

Off the top of my memory (and I'm confident to say it's fairly accurate memory). The best number I have seen was from four years ago regarding a JGTC GT500 NSX, which is stripped to about 2200lbs, stroked to 3.5 liter plus ITB, with 480-500HP to the crank and around 10K RPM with racing slick and standard track gearing. The 400 meter (1/4 mile) number was some where in the high 10 to low to 11 seconds. That’s with a purposely built motor by companies that actually knows the engine such as Mugen, TODA, etc.

Make sense to you?

Last edited:
As a benchmark, with perfect efficiency, a 2700lb vehicle needs about 335 whp to hit 11.75. (I know this weight number is very low, but lets just use it as a starting point)

According to the online ¼ mile calculator the OP recommended because he finds "its pretty accurate", a car weighing 2710 lbs including the driver will need 361 whp to achieve a trap speed of 119.5 mph. Does that sound right or is the calculator not so accurate after all?

According to the online ¼ mile calculator the OP recommended because he finds "its pretty accurate", a car weighing 2710 lbs including the driver will need 361 whp to achieve a trap speed of 119.5 mph. Does that sound right or is the calculator not so accurate after all?

Keep in mind that 335 whp = approximately 385 (add 15%) Crank power. That's in the range of a fully built TODA 3.5 stroker kit with ITB, and he kept his motor C30A capacity unchanged?

Last edited:
It should be obvious to everyone that the OP is an unsophisticated BS story teller after claiming 11.735, 11.733 and 11.730 (for an impossible 5/1000th of a second spread on three consecutive runs). After BSing the Z06and Porsche crowd in Greece with his "crazy cams", he comes on to Prime and tries to do more of the same "Black hole" routine on us. Problem is, we are the black hole, at least of NSX knowledge, and his mistake was to come on Prime and BS. I'm sure he ran 11.730, but with what setup? Vague references to his mods, quick decisive and misleading denials of NOS but never a whimper when asked directly on several occasions about Nitro and finally a rather quick exit. Secrecy because he doesn't want the rest of us copying his setup or secrecy because we may have blown his cover in Greece? For those not familiar, 2-nitropropane has been used on Prime before as an alternative to NOS for addressing the turbo lag in this example:

2wegmf5.jpg

Note the hp and torque numbers below 3700, (300 ft-lb and 255 rwhp@3700)where it is essentially still NA, before the turbo kicks in.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
first of all ,i am not bs nobody mr know it all as far as my 3 consecutive runs being close 2 each other ,well that shows how good of a steady driver i am and you probably can drive for your life!i dont have to explain 2 nobody what i have done,to my car ,all i need 2 know is there anyone out there faster than my 11.730 in a ALL MOTOR NSX! like i said 2 eveyone any check is welcomed from enyone so please stp waisting my time and answer the questions, i have raced cars way over my horsepower,and i also posted,the videos,time slip.and everything else to prove that i am not full of air!
sorry that the states doesnt have the fastest all moter and greece has it!but im sick of hearring that it cant be done! IT HAS BEEN DONE !!!!!!WAKE UP AND face the facts! i will post the other timeslips to prove you ,not some like others i CAN DRIVE! sorryy if i have been rude not answering all your questions,but lets keep it on the subject!

you think someone that has spent 150 000 euro for a 997t will race me for money and not have my car chekedfor nos? you gys kill me! you all know what a 997t does on the road?under 12sec and on the videos u can see that at the end of the quarter im atleast 2 car lenghts ahead!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVq_MIVTprc

all i need 2 know is there anyone out there faster than my 11.730 in a ALL MOTOR NSX!

No Costa, you do not have the fastest all motor NSX.

My 2000 NSX 3.2L has run 3 consecutive 1/4 times of 11.710, 11.708, 11.710 and is an all motor NSX. :tongue:

I will post time slips and video to prove it.

Last edited:
Costa I think your missing the point here. You asked a valid question in who has the fastest all motor nsx and in return you got your answer. We applauded you thinking "Wow this guy is really fast"!:eek: We asked you a simple question regarding your setup and got a vague answer which needed more details to understand your setup. Again you gave us another vague answer and then later telling everyone "I don't have to explain to nobody on my setup".:confused:

Making the claim in having the "FASTEST ALL MOTOR NSX IN THE WORLD" will definitely get you a bunch of slack. Everyone here on prime is knowledgeable and has years of experience in what they do. We all come here to learn from one another and share our ideas. If you do have the fastest ALL MOTOR NSX in the WORLD then call the press, Road & Track magazine, etc to do a spread on your achievement. After all this is the real reason why you came here is to TOOT your horn? Until then you can't make the claim... End of discussion

first of all ,i am not bs nobody mr know it all as far as my 3 consecutive runs being close 2 each other ,well that shows how good of a steady driver i am and you probably can drive for your life!i dont have to explain 2 nobody what i have done,to my car ,all i need 2 know is there anyone out there faster than my 11.730 in a ALL MOTOR NSX! like i said 2 eveyone any check is welcomed from enyone so please stp waisting my time and answer the questions, i have raced cars way over my horsepower,and i also posted,the videos,time slip.and everything else to prove that i am not full of air!
sorry that the states doesnt have the fastest all moter and greece has it!but im sick of hearring that it cant be done! IT HAS BEEN DONE !!!!!!WAKE UP AND face the facts! i will post the other timeslips to prove you ,not some like others i CAN DRIVE! sorryy if i have been rude not answering all your questions,but lets keep it on the subject!

No Costa, you do not have the fastest all motor NSX.

My 2000 NSX 3.2L has run 3 consecutive 1/4 times of 11.710, 11.708, 11.710 and is an all motor NSX. :tongue:

I will post time slips and video to prove it.

ALL hail CL65 for bringing the title back to the states!

Regards,

Danny

first of all ,i am not bs nobody mr know it all as far as my 3 consecutive runs being close 2 each other ,well that shows how good of a steady driver i am and you probably can drive for your life!

No, it just proves how bad of a liar you are and how much you don't know what you are taking about. Ever stop and think about what you are saying? If you did, you would stop making a fool of yourself. Need more education? Try this:

11.735, 11.733, 11.730 @ 119.5. Just for argument sake, let's round up to 120 trap speed. Let's for argument sake, also use a constant 120 mph as your speed down the track, not 0-120 which would give you even more variance with gear shifting, traction loss etc. At 120 mph, you are traveling 2 mile/minute, or 176 ft/sec, or 1.76 ft/.01 sec, or .88ft/.005 second, or 10 inches/.005 seconds. Your three consecutive runs came within 10 inches of each other? Like I said before, this can only happen in YOUR IMAGINATION.

I'm definitely not "mr know it all", but I do know more about the NSX than you-by alot. And as for whether I can or can't "drive for my life", at least I'm intellligent enough to spot your BS.

Regards,

Danny

Last edited:
Back