• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who here is from MA, any meets coming up?

Quincy here, looking to see who else is around. I know there is a red one around the Dedham area. Haven't seen any others around....

Picking up my '03 Black hopefully this Saturday. I'm in Upton (near 495/90 interchange).

Turbo2Go is along the 95 belt with his '05 Silverstone. If you have any questions whatsoever about modding your NSX, he's a good first stop. :wink:

I've seen an old red in a parking garage that I use sometimes in the Fort Point area of Boston. It doesn't look like it gets driven at all though. :(

Yub, I'm here in Waltham. James, what are you buying?!! congrats finaly!

What's the Uconn meet?

I'm loctaed off I-495 and Rt 2 in Harvard, MA. Plan to make the Buck's County, PA. River Run later in the Spring. Also, I often go to Kimball's Farm in Westford, MA on Thursday nights in the summer for the their big car events, and take one of my babies, e.g., NSX, BMW

-Wick

Looks like we have 5 people in MA so far, anyone else chime in... I'd love to do a little mini-meet. Anyone else that is close by is welcome too of course. Can we set something up sometime in April? Just a gathering at a restaurant or something? Maybe an empty parking lot I can do donuts in with all the rest of you guys' cars?

Most of the MA/NH meets used to be organized by Rich Hutte, with him gone from the area, nobody has stepped up so typically most of the northeast events are either a long haul from MA/NH, organized by another club, or pretty informal last minute things.

Feel free to step up :).

OK I will step up and be president and tell everyone where to go and what to do. :biggrin:

First, give me an idea of when is a good time for a meet. April? May? June? April may be too early... how about we organize something for June?

Looks like we have 5 people in MA so far, anyone else chime in... I'd love to do a little mini-meet. Anyone else that is close by is welcome too of course. Can we set something up sometime in April? Just a gathering at a restaurant or something? Maybe an empty parking lot I can do donuts in with all the rest of you guys' cars?

Hmmmm, wasn't there some issue with the front lip on your car the last time you were pushing your car in an empty parking lot? I can't seem to recall.... :smile:

I'm in for whatever, assuming my schedule cooperates.

OK I will step up and be president and tell everyone where to go and what to do. :biggrin:

First, give me an idea of when is a good time for a meet. April? May? June? April may be too early... how about we organize something for June?

The way I did it was came up with a general plan, then posted it here to gauge interest, Jeff Torrey of the Lotus/Viper clubs posted it on those boards as well. Once it looked like there was interest, I contacted the NSXCA who provided me with a list of NSX owners in the north east region along with their addresses (and Bob O. provided a waiver that everyone had to sign at the starting point saying NSXCA wasn't responsible if people got themselves into any trouble). I then did a mailing to everyone within 200 miles of the event start point (BTW NSXCA has a budget to reimburse mailing costs), I accepted payment via Paypal (we had a tour of Ben & Jerrys plus optional dinner at a fixed cost - lunch was everyone for themselves - I also had event stickers printed up for those who prepaid.

A week before the actual event, Jeff and I did the drive and planned out the actual route so we wouldn't get lost driving through the VT mountains the day of the event.

Not sure if you have a specific idea yet, but other options including asking for sponsors (Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH used to sponsor many of the local NSX events - you could probably ask Rich Hutte for his contact there).

BTW in the end, we ended up with a lot of people because we ended up inviting the S2000, Lotus, Viper, Corvette, Ferrari, Porsche, Pantera and Lamborghini clubs as well.
The thread for that event is here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52533

7exotic_pano.jpg

Hmmmm, wasn't there some issue with the front lip on your car the last time you were pushing your car in an empty parking lot? I can't seem to recall.... :smile:

Yes, that's why I want to do donuts in yours and not mine. I can give you a full post purchase inspection report after. "pulls a bit to the left"...

Robr, that sounds like a lot of work man! I don't have that kinda time to be calling this group and that group. I am up for just an informal, non-sponsored, standard everyday mini-meet of a few NSX's, a couple of beers on a nice sunny afternoon, and we go on our merry way.

I am not against anything more elaborate, if YOU want to set it up. But I can come up with a date and place and everyone just show up.

Wow, didnt know my little thread here would end up in a possible local meet.

Lets get this thread going....

Im open usually any Sunday. April, May, June, doesnt matter to me!

I will work on pulling together a route over the summer for a fall drive. I think the mailing list is pretty all-out... I would suggest once the route is developed and a date is chosen that we just post it on this board and, if we want, some other boards. In the meantime, maybe we can get a local group together for drinks/dinner/whatever.

Robr, that sounds like a lot of work man! I don't have that kinda time to be calling this group and that group.

That's because you're always posting on Prime!! :p

Last edited:
How is Sunday May 5th (first sunday in May) say... late morning meet... this give all of april for everyone interested to find out, sunday is a day that should be OK for most.

How is Sunday May 5th (first sunday in May) say... late morning meet... this give all of april for everyone interested to find out, sunday is a day that should be OK for most.

Sounds like a good date to me... now, we just need a good location? One place to consider is Kimball's Farm in Westford MA (just off I-495 at the Littleton exit) It has lots of action, due to the very large ice cream stand, plus a picnic area (with food), a driving range, pitch and putt, etc. The parking area is OK (not real large) with a non-paved over-flow area just across the street. Might be a posibility??

-Wick

Sounds like a good date to me... now, we just need a good location? One place to consider is Kimball's Farm in Westford MA (just off I-495 at the Littleton exit) It has lots of action, due to the very large ice cream stand, plus a picnic area (with food), a driving range, pitch and putt, etc. The parking area is OK (not real large) with a non-paved over-flow area just across the street. Might be a posibility??

-Wick

Wick is that next door to your house?!! :biggrin:

That sounds OK to me. Nothing like ice cream in the morning.

Please reply if Sunday May 5th works for you. Some place in MA.

1. TURBO2GO

Wick is that next door to your house?!! :biggrin:

That sounds OK to me. Nothing like ice cream in the morning.

No, but it is pretty close... maybe 20 minutes drive.

Kimball's Farm was just a suggestion. I'm game to go somewhere else in the MA region.

-Wick

I think I'm good for the 5th. I've been to Kimball's and I'm thinking it may not be the best option because it is usually packed. I'll try to think of something else that is better, but if this works for everyone and I'm free, I'll see you guys there.

I think I'm good for the 5th. I've been to Kimball's and I'm thinking it may not be the best option because it is usually packed. I'll try to think of something else that is better, but if this works for everyone and I'm free, I'll see you guys there.

How about some pics of the new baby?!!

Back