• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who steals wiper blades?

Really who does this? I went out to eat with the wife, and took the NSX. Decent dinner. Drive home, and after pull the Acura into the garage I get out and noticed my windshield wipers blades were both gone. They were there on the way to dinner because I remember running through some sprinkler water and turning the wipers on.

On a side note the wind deflector on the driver side wiper...do I have to have that? Since mine is now gone?

The wind deflector complete the NSX. I had mine without the blade for long time. No problem even at high speed. But having the oem deflector looks cooler though that's why I just got mine recently.

Wow! People will steal anything! Atleast it wasnt something really serious.... like wheels and tires. Also, good thing you noticed this before you wanted to use those wipers one day and maybe scratch the front windshield. Tell you the truth I would of never noticed something like that. Well till I tried to use them one day lol.

Last edited:
i steal them all the time, that and wheels, exhausts, nsx's in general lol. jkjk, but wtf, that does suck. Hopefully they didn't scratch the nsx doing it. I personally think the nsx looks wayyyyy better without them. If the nsx isn't a dd, i would just remove them, at least for the summer cause its not like you will need them. In fact, why put collant in the bottle, put coke or pepsi and use it to shoot into the car into a cup to refill it lol.

Nukem,

That sucks... I suppose you could do without the deflector, but I like the look of them.

Several places online give at least 25% on parts. NSXCA has dealers who do 25% on parts too.

That is crazy somebody would steal your wiper blades. It's not like they have anything to depict they are off an NSX.

I was at Beardmore's last Sunday for the Fun in the Sun Car show. Several people mentioned they haven't seen an NSX before.

I thought you would be well known in the area.

I did hear from a person last week they has spoken to somebody with a Black NSX with 32,000 miles on it asking $32k. They didn't know the year.

Plus others last week and today mentioned seeing a Spa Yellow NSX in the area. I haven't seen a Yellow one for probably 4 years.

thats why i took mine off

and i really dont want to drive my car in any condition that requires them

(now, where did i store that targa roof... :tongue:)

Bought new wiper blades. Can't really tell a difference without the deflector outside the car, but sitting behind the wheel it is kind of bothering me.

I didn't even know about the show at Beardmore. I would have swung by I had the NSX out. I think I saw a black NSX on Cornhusker as was coming off the hwy 75, but didn't get a good look at it.

Nukem,

That sucks... I suppose you could do without the deflector, but I like the look of them.

Several places online give at least 25% on parts. NSXCA has dealers who do 25% on parts too.

That is crazy somebody would steal your wiper blades. It's not like they have anything to depict they are off an NSX.

Can you replace just the wiper blade or can you take the deflector off and install it with the new wiper blade? I replaced mine with new ones and was trying to figure out how I can keep the deflector. I wasn't patient enough and I just went ahead and installed the new wipers without the deflector... :(

Can you replace just the wiper blade or can you take the deflector off and install it with the new wiper blade? I replaced mine with new ones and was trying to figure out how I can keep the deflector. I wasn't patient enough and I just went ahead and installed the new wipers without the deflector... :(

Just get the new rubber squeegee and replace it on the original blade. I believe the deflector is permanently attached to the blade. Click the link below advice from nsxtasy regarding rubber blade replacement.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1351738&postcount=7

No, the whole wiper blade cannot be all rubber, or it wouldn't be strong enough to retain its shape and apply enough force to the contour of the windshield to wipe water away.

Look at the diagram below to understand what everyone is talking about when they tell you about replacing the rubber piece. Each wiper blade consists of a long metal piece, #16 and #18 in the diagram, that is mounted on a wiper arm, #14 and #15. The wiper blade holds the rubber wiper blade insert, #17, and two metal "veins" (thin strips of metal) that you can re-use when replacing the rubber wiper blade insert. Each rubber wiper blade insert is part number 76622-SR3-305 and lists for $5; that's the only rubber piece, and the only piece you should need to replace. You should be able to find it in stock at any Acura or Honda dealer parts department, since it's the same part number used on a lot of different vehicles.

Last edited:
Bought new wiper blades. Can't really tell a difference without the deflector outside the car, but sitting behind the wheel it is kind of bothering me.

Replacement blades come with the deflector. When I replaced mine a year or two ago the new ones had the deflector. I'm certain of this because when I hold the old ones in my hand and look at the NSX I see two deflectors (one in my hand, other on car).

Did both of you happen to you order two passenger side blades (instead of one passenger and one driver)? See numbers 16/18 in this diagram for reference.

(And yes, Jin1976, when just the rubber needs replacing get just that cheap thing, #17.)

Last edited:
Thank JIN1976.....When I replaced mine, I just went to the Local Auto Store and got one of those RAIN X wipers.....I guess I have to go OEM and replace just #17 to retain the deflector....

Mine needed the deflector. I noticed at high speeds(highway) when I would use the wipers, air would travel underneath the wiper leaving water smeared onto the windshield instead of a clean wipe. The deflector helped keep the wiper pressed against the windshield....in my experience.

Mine needed the deflector. I noticed at high speeds(highway) when I would use the wipers, air would travel underneath the wiper leaving water smeared onto the windshield instead of a clean wipe. The deflector helped keep the wiper pressed against the windshield....in my experience.

You're absolutely correct, but then again, who but us few rain warriors would know that.

What helps for potholes? Raising the car? :biggrin:

thats why i took mine off

and i really dont want to drive my car in any condition that requires them

(now, where did i store that targa roof... :tongue:)

+1

I took mine off the moment rainy days disappeared, plus the color was fading on them (in process of repainting them when I get a chance) :cool:

that is beyond LOW, taking another mens wiper :confused: , the deflector looks awesome, having own 2 nsx i dont think i ever use or ever turn on the wiper :biggrin:

Back