• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wich NSX look do you like most?

Which NSX look do you prefer?

• original look ( pre '02 )

Votes: 82 50.6%
  • '02 look

Votes: 19 11.7%
  • new HSC concept look

Votes: 61 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just think that the pre 02 has cleaner lines.

Smoother lines

Got to go for the early model, but most of us own those, I would expect the poll to be tilted.

The "new" HSC (if you can call a bastardized copy of 10 different existing cars new) will be dated 10 years from now, but the 91-01 cars will still be good looking in 20. I am shocked how Honda has spoon fed this P. O. S. to us, and so many have lapped it up like hungry kittens. I hope the drugs wear off soon, and people really look hard at the car. I think they are not being objective.

Shumdit said:
The "new" HSC (if you can call a bastardized copy of 10 different existing cars new) will be dated 10 years from now, but the 91-01 cars will still be good looking in 20. I am shocked how Honda has spoon fed this P. O. S. to us, and so many have lapped it up like hungry kittens. I hope the drugs wear off soon, and people really look hard at the car. I think they are not being objective.

Sorry to break it to you, but the '91-01 cars are already getting long in the tooth. Even if you change it entirely under the skin, people will not flock to it and dealers will not build up waiting lists even if its a 996TT, F360, Gallardo, Ford GT killer.

Timeless and classic it may be (and I agree), style is a subjective thing, not an objective thing.

When the HSC its replaced 5 or 10 years from its introduction, our opinions might be the complete opposite of today.

Owners should be flattered Honda based a concept off the NSX. Lets wait and see if they deliver in performance and styling tweaks or make the announcement they are done with the sports car/exotic arena and leave the NSX truly a one off experiment from the F1 geniuses. To truly be a replacement, it has to have all these components and is not easily replicated! :)

I guess I would have to say I like the 02+ the best even though I like the front bumper and lights on my 92 better. Everything on the 02+ IMHO looks better than the 91-01 except for the front bumper and lights on most colors. But then again, I think the front end on the HSC is the best looking over all of all three. I kind of wish we could morph all three cars together to make the perfect NSX. All have things I would change and all have things I like over the other models.

Shumdit said:
I am shocked how Honda has spoon fed this P. O. S. to us, and so many have lapped it up like hungry kittens. I hope the drugs wear off soon, and people really look hard at the car. I think they are not being objective.
If the performance is there, I'll take the HSC over any older NSX. Yes, I'll take that spoon feeding and be more than happy.

A Ferrari Enzo styling with Japanese reliability? Sign me up!

I dont know why, but the HSC remember me all the time to be only a copy from Ferrari 360.

For me a perfect NSX would looks like the unavailable NA2 NSX-R, but with another front design and LHD.
The lights from NA2 dont really looks nice comparing too NA1.

Maybe with an OEM big brake kit like the newest Porsche's,
(not only some small Brembo calipers) height adjustable suspension and the 3.5 l V6 engine with max output.

I think that Honda never will install a V8 or V10 engine, because these concepts would disturb the earlier philosophy of this car.

I fear that I have to keep my old NSX like my old Integra Type R,
because the newer models are not really better.

Shumdit said:
The "new" HSC (if you can call a bastardized copy of 10 different existing cars new) will be dated 10 years from now, but the 91-01 cars will still be good looking in 20.

I agree, this design WILL NOT BE A CLASSIC one.

Honda is dipping in anonymity even though if this car will show brilliant performance numbers.

RULE 1

When you have a winning and timeless design, don't mess with it, capitalize on it and hence take the evolution approach.

Unless you get another winning design considered unanimously better.

AS A MATTER OF FACT

We all know that is an almost impossible task to replace an icon but Lamborghini succeed several times.

Diablo for Countach for Miura. ( time will tell about the Murciélago )

But this will not be the case with the NSX.

I'd bet on that.

WHY DO YOU THINK THAT FORD DIDN'T MESS WITH THE new GT compared to the original GT40 ?

DON'T MESS WITH AN ICON!:mad:

Last edited:
'91-'01 is timeless.

Those of you with '02-'03 ... now might be a good time to cash them in before they dramatically depreciate in value (based on this poll)

gheba_nsx said:
;) ;) ;)
At least you did not put your weight/power estimation in this answer

:p

LOL! :D

You find it too much optimistic?

I am pretty sure that this new car will show something in the

3 kg / hp range.

What is your estimation?

Let see... 3,701298... kg/hp

Can you find now from which power and weight I made it?

Ok, let's play this. ;)

As I said several times I think that 350 ps will be the number (remember my poll?). Weight... 1300kg.

3,71 kg/ps that it is not bad at all, IMO. :D

Price : 90000$.

Too many PS? Not in Honda's philosophy, sorry for the HUGE HP fans.

Below 1300kg = To expensive. Nobody (Read: less than the first gen NSX buyers) wants to pay that (100k$) for a Honda. Sound snobby? So is the average customer for this kind of car.

The '91-'01 models get the nod! I liked fixed headlights, just not the treatment on the '02+ models. The lower end of the front, with the F1 type look (ala Mercedes AMG models, like the SLK32 AMG) just does not fit the intended look of the original model IMO. In fact, the only thing I don't like about the original is the wheel pattern, IMHO. All in all, they are all sharp, though. How's that for noncomittal diplomacy:D

Look is such a subjective parameter. I think Honda did a tremendous job on the HSC and I prefer it way over the original NSX. If one has to criticize the HSC being a copy of some Ferraris, then please let me remind you that the NSX was also accused of a Testarossa copy when it first came out. Nowadays, when designs are largely influenced by wind tunnel aerodynamics, basic shapes of sport cars will become quite similar.
Steve

My vote went to the original. After my former MKIII Supra Turbo, I have really grown to love pop-up lights. They give the "X" a very sexy and exotic appearance. Plus, I agree that the original design will still be designated a "classic".

Drake

I think Honda should utilize 2 thing layers of transparent material that is able to conduct and fill the space between them with polar molecules, so at daylight, the light area whould remain the body of the car... and when night falls, trigger some eletric current that'll make one of the layer of the thin transparent material negatively charged and the other positively charged, polar molecules in between the two thin layers would align themselves so to let light through... So the car would look like a pre`02 NSX when the light not on, but instead of the headlight popping up, the headlight area just turn transparent and let the light shin through...

I thought about something like this!

Zuerst said:
I think Honda should utilize 2 thing layers ...

So the car would look like a pre`02 NSX when the light not on, but instead of the headlight popping up, the headlight area just turn transparent and let the light shin through...

I agree and this is why I truly think that a best of both world solution is possible here.

This is possible or at least to create a sliding opaque panel who would be hiding lights under hood line.

This is what I would do for the new NSX.

Today LCD technology can make every colors and thus a perfect match with body color would be easy to do.

I'm with you Zuerst!

I was thinking about the same thing too, but, with todays technology... of where our parking / signal lights resign would be more than enough to have a functional hi/low beam light housing.

and to the original question of which body style I liked...

I liked all 3, and would love to have all three of them.
all 3 of them have their best / worst angles...

In fact, for people who said the "original" is the best... tell me if you like the rear end with those oval tips?? I think the 02+ lower valence with the round tips have a much better executution of the rear end.

My nod goes to the HSC... I love the NSX, but there are many times where I wish it just looked a bit more exotic. Even though everyone is calling the NSX a timeless look, it still looks a bit dated to me. I'll gladly take an HSC right now... and park it proudly next to my 97...

Based on the poll response to date, Honda needs to go back to the drawing board and don't bother bringing this concept to production.

Certain elements of the design look good, but as a whole, there are too many conflicting styling cues and it doesn't flow well together.

Given this is likely a 2005 model year intro in Japan, most of the stying cues are likely frozen. You might see minor changes from this concept. But don't expect the final product to look too different. (The wheels got to go)

The Instrument panel looks sophisticated but looks very busy and doesn't integrate well like the existing interior. Can anyone spot the paddle shifters?

I wonder if it is a smooth 60 degree V6 or an evolution of our current 90 degree, uneven firing engine?

I speculate the following: Honda will keep the price lower to move more volume and us a steel body with the base V6 engine selling for $65-70K. They may offer an upgrade engine with a Supercharger.

300HP is plenty for street application. Anything more on the street is only for bragging rights. You will not see a v10 or v12 from Honda until they first make a V8. Which could still happen (in NSX or a different car). Mr. Ureha was poking around inquiring about interest in a V8.

Now if they can only go back and clean up the styling.

NSXDreamer2 said:
tell me if you like the rear end with those oval tips?? I think the 02+ lower valence with the round tips have a much better executution of the rear end.

Yes I love them. Oval tips are great and original.

I do prefer the original rear end because it gives a better illusion of a WIDE and LOW car compared to the '02 one.

:)

Back