• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wiring through front firewall

I'm trying to find the best location to pull some wire through the front firewall. I am mounting radar detector and laser shifters in the front and need to pass them into the inside. Can someone lead me to the best location?
Thanks,
John

Hey jc,

I can't help on the wiring, but I am interested on your choice of detector/jammer. what brand and why that one? thanks

Hey jc,

I can't help on the wiring, but I am interested on your choice of detector/jammer. what brand and why that one? thanks

Passport 9500ci. I have had numerous brands from Valentine to K40. I had the Passport put in a Porsche I own and liked it better than the K40's. I like hidden radars so the Valentine is out.

John

I went a little higher up on the firewall and closer to the center. Dropped the wire out up between the brake and gas pedal assys:
DSC_0419A.jpg

I went a little higher up on the firewall and closer to the center. Dropped the wire out up between the brake and gas pedal assys:
DSC_0419A.jpg

Thanks, I've had the cold from hell this week and I'm finally getting over it. So this weekend I am going to finish this bad boy and tighten everything up.

John

Thanks, I've had the cold from hell this week and I'm finally getting over it. So this weekend I am going to finish this bad boy and tighten everything up.

John

Measure twice, cut once my ass. I agonized on where to drill for the better part of a Saturday. OK, Saturday and Sunday before I cowboy'ed up and went, from the outside (firewall) in. I wanted the stuff that I wanted to NOT drill through visible and I knew from my (weekend's) research that I would wind up in a safe place on the interior side. I could not say the same with the same degree of certainty from the interior- out.

Not better or worse than anyone else's solution, just what I know worked for me.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks guys!! Great to have someone to bounce things off of who have been there. Saves the anxiety. :eek:

The only time I didn't do an install myself was on a 04 Lamborghini Gallardo I had just bought from the Houston Lambo dealer. I said I wanted a double din gps put in plus a radar system and thought it would be better letting them do it. Well they sent it out to a installer they deal with to do the deed. He training a new guy who takes a long self tapping screw and install some electronics shelf behind the passenger seat where if you lift the cover up was some of the car electronics. Did you note how I said a long self tapping screw. Well I picked the car up and all was well, but on the way home I decided to get gas. Filled up and when I got home I put it in the garage. I go back a couple of hours later and the garage smell strong with gas.

The knucklehead had drilled into the top of the tank with the self tapping screw. You couldn't tell with a 1/4 tank but with a full tank it leaked until it was almost 3/4 full. Did I tell you that to take the tanks out you must drop the engine and tranny! Fortunately I did all the mods through the Lambo dealer but still what a pain in the arse!

John

Last edited:
Back