• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

wrecked nsx for $8000.00

It's sad that I've been seeing quite a few pop up like this on Prime...

That is because there are people stretching to buy the early cars who cannot afford them, either drop insurance or have liability only, and are screwed when they wreck their car.

Late reply here. Unfortunately the car is a little bit of a basket case. It's an Automatic which is enough of a dealbreaker for most ppl.

Mechanic took ownership of it from one of his customers (younger kid who wrecked it) and it's been sitting in his shop for the last 5yrs. 3 of the 4 suspension components needs new control arms. Not sure how the chassis itself survived but it's also wrecked on the rear driver's side... engine is prob good though with only ~65k miles.

Might be a decent parts car.

Last edited:
I can't understand why anyone would own an NSX and not have it fully insured

I can't understand why anyone would own an NSX and not have it fully insured

Quite simple. Lots of people out there wanting to show off and act richer than they are. So they are buying cars like NSXs and such when they get just cheap enough to be able to stretch and buy an early one, yet they can only afford the payment and nothing else. So they risk it and have to bite the bullet when they wreck it. There was another clown on here a few month ago that wrecked his NSX and did not have it insured, and he was so dumb he honestly tried to say that he was well off enough to not need insurance, but he said this about two lines after saying he did not insure it because it was too costly for him to afford at the time. Idiot.

there was another clown on here a few month ago that wrecked his nsx and did not have it insured, and he was so dumb he honestly tried to say that he was well off enough to not need insurance, but he said this about two lines after saying he did not insure it because it was too costly for him to afford at the time. Idiot.

wth?

Quite simple. Lots of people out there wanting to show off and act richer than they are. So they are buying cars like NSXs and such when they get just cheap enough to be able to stretch and buy an early one, yet they can only afford the payment and nothing else. So they risk it and have to bite the bullet when they wreck it. There was another clown on here a few month ago that wrecked his NSX and did not have it insured, and he was so dumb he honestly tried to say that he was well off enough to not need insurance, but he said this about two lines after saying he did not insure it because it was too costly for him to afford at the time. Idiot.

There are other more well known "I got money cars" than the NSX that are in the same price range as the early models so don't see why someone would buy an NSX to show that they are well off... You buy it simply because you like the way it looks and what it represents. I don't see our Xs pre 02 or 02+ as status symbols whatsoever. I bought an 02+ because I preferred the more updated looks and what the car always stood for in terms of performance... not as a status symbol.

not sure if anyone had tried to contact him... i have and this is the response i got....

F2598010-59A2-4B37-A8EB-9FCEE248143D-7723-000003F7E961448B.jpg

good luck... i hope whoever buys it to rebuild it make sure you fully inspect the car...

if the kid didnt have insurance then he didnt have money to keep proper oil in it, so the 70K miles and prob no oil the engine is a bomb waiting to go off.
and you know darn well the interior is shot. sitting so long in the open sun in Cali ugggh its toast so parts car I wouldnt say that more like a few parts can be sold.
but hell I will fix it someone buys it and ship it down to FLorida and I will make her mint again.

There are other more well known "I got money cars" than the NSX that are in the same price range as the early models so don't see why someone would buy an NSX to show that they are well off... You buy it simply because you like the way it looks and what it represents. I don't see our Xs pre 02 or 02+ as status symbols whatsoever. I bought an 02+ because I preferred the more updated looks and what the car always stood for in terms of performance... not as a status symbol.

I respect your opinion, but it does not take long searching the Internet or going to car meets / shows to find NSXs that were bought by people that could simply not afford them. This car that was the topic of this very thread is a prime example. Sure, people buy other cars to show off too, but there are (sadly) plenty of NSXs out there now that were bought by people that stretched to buy them, and cannot really afford to maintain them. I see them every time I go to AutoTrader or EBay.

I respect your opinion, but it does not take long searching the Internet or going to car meets / shows to find NSXs that were bought by people that could simply not afford them. This car that was the topic of this very thread is a prime example. Sure, people buy other cars to show off too, but there are (sadly) plenty of NSXs out there now that were bought by people that stretched to buy them, and cannot really afford to maintain them. I see them every time I go to AutoTrader or EBay.

If that's the case then it is especially sad when these same people spend the money to "mod" their car before setting aside for the essentials like insurance and regular maintenance. They're often quite young (early 20s) but shouldn't parents be teaching them about prioritizing expenses.... Especially when it comes to vehicle purchase/use/maintenence. Could you imagine these very same people driving daily drivers that are poorly maintained... Dangerous for the driver and those around him/her.

I spoke to Martin (the seller of this $8000 NSX) on 12/15. Over the phone Martin was very short in his description, overall he was not very friendly and quite difficult to talk to. He basically told me that a guy wrecked the NSX, abandoned it on the side of the highway and never came back to pick it up. So he towed it, stored it (outside) for 5 years, and now it's for sale. He indicated it has 70k and that it has suspension damage in the passenger front & driver rear. Apparently he owns a towing service, as I cross-checked his # with a simple google search.

Last edited:
I spoke to Martin (the seller of this $8000 NSX) on 12/15. Over the phone Martin was very short in his description, overall he was not very friendly and quite difficult to talk to. He basically told me that a guy wrecked the NSX, abandoned it on the side of the highway and never came back to pick it up. So he towed it, stored it (outside) for 5 years, and now it's for sale. He indicated it has 70k and that it has suspension damage in the passenger front & driver rear. Apparently he owns a towing service, as I cross-checked his # with a simple google search.

Sounds like Meeyatch1 was right about the previous owner... unfortunate

Back