• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Xbox 360 upgrade on the way?

Out-dated Blu-ray technology? What are you talking about? Blu-ray is the best looking format out there and it has the most features than HD-DVD... A Blu-Ray DVD player by itself is $1,000 at bestbuy so getting the PS3 just to play blu-ray disks saves you $400 right there. And yes there aren't that many games for the PS3 but it was the same way for the XBOX360 when it came out...

Why do u think blu-ray is "outdated" technology? Thats kind of a funny thing to say...

Blu-ray certainly is not dated, but you are clueless if you think a PS3 has better graphics than the 360. There isn't a game out for it yet that looks better than Gears of War. On top of that, the PS3 online network sucks ass, and many game developers have openly said the PS3 is a POS to program for and that the 360 is a much better platform.

Oh finally, yes the PS3 does have blu-ray, but if it loses the format war, you have a worthless player.

I went and got the HD-DVD for the 360 and it looks pretty damn good, but its not night and day like normal TV and HD.

Blu-ray certainly is not dated, but you are clueless if you think a PS3 has better graphics than the 360. There isn't a game out for it yet that looks better than Gears of War. On top of that, the PS3 online network sucks ass, and many game developers have openly said the PS3 is a POS to program for and that the 360 is a much better platform.

Oh finally, yes the PS3 does have blu-ray, but if it loses the format war, you have a worthless player.

I went and got the HD-DVD for the 360 and it looks pretty damn good, but its not night and day like normal TV and HD.

Blu-ray could never lose the format war as it has higher quality standards and supports more features and higher data density. Also its supported by more corporations than HD-DVD.

http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/blu-ray-vs-hd-dvd-state-of-the-s-union-s-division/

Blu-Ray does 1080p when HD-DVD does 1080i (lesser quality)... Also the XBOX360's upgrade is an external drive when the Blu-ray player is built into the PS3... again another benefit over the 360.

I have a 360 and I still think the PS3 has better image quality when using a TV that can support native 1080p. The XBOX does not have HDMI (the PS3 does) The list goes on and on.

I'm sure the image quality is debatable as its always a matter of what the game developers do on the platform... u can play pacman on a 360 or a PS3 and they'll both look about the same..... its always up to the development team to make it or break it.

As far as features the PS3 wins hands down... M$ is *trying* to keep up and compete.... and of course the 360 has more games out b/c its been out for almost 2 years when the PS3 has only been out a few months.

Yes I agree there are some great games out for the 360 like the new Ghost Recon which I love playing and it looks great... but as for the driving games like ridge racer for PS3 it stomps a mud hole the 360's ass... not to mention GranTurismo HD that will be coming out soon... thats reason enough to buy a PS3 alone.

My point is if you are looking for a Blu-Ray player alone, the PS3 is cheaper than any of the Blu-Ray players out there with the added benefit of having a great console gaming machine to boot... you can't go wrong. Just give the game developers to find their niche -- I'm sure u remember when the 360 came out there were only about 10 games that were available and none of them were all that great looking... same situation goes for the PS3. I think in the near future we will be seeing even better looking games for the PS3.... and M$ will be scrambling to keep up.

Also, XBOX Live is lame because you have to pay for it..... which is lame b/c you're already paying for an internet connection... w/ my PS2 I can play online without having to pay any monthly subscription fees at all...

I'm sure the PS3 online game play will improve over time just as Xbox Live sucked when it first came out.... it still does IMO b/c u have to pay for it...

My contribution to this thread: <B>REAL gamers use a keyboard and mouse.</B> :wink:

FLAME WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

HAHAHA I totally agree with that... I'd rather use my PC than any console any day... :) especially since I just ordered the new Dell 30" LCD Display mmmmmmmmm :biggrin:

HAHAHA I totally agree with that... I'd rather use my PC than any console any day... :) especially since I just ordered the new Dell 30" LCD Display mmmmmmmmm :biggrin:

so size does matter? :confused:

Absolutely. :D

My opinion is impartial and unbiased, except for the fact i'm typing this on my 24" Dell. :D Congrats on the 30" <B>enkrypt3d</B> you will love it! (but apparently they suck for FPS games)

yea i dont play that many FPS games anymore ...... im stuck on World of Warcraft and now that i have the expansion I'm dying for a bigger monitor.... this 17" LCD ain't cuttin it! Especially since I have an SLi rig ;)

[Proton]
AMD FX-60 | CoolerMaster Hyper 6+ CPU Cooler | 2GB OCZ (4x512) Platinum DDR3200 | DFI LanParty NF4-SLi-DR | 2 x eVGA GeForce 7800GTX KO 256MB in SLi | Lian-Li PC-65B | 2 x 750GB Segate SATA II Drives | Plextor DVD-/+ DL burner | 2 x 250GB Seagate SATA Drives | PC P&C TurboCool 510 SLi PSU | Dell 30" 3007WFP LCD | Logitech G5 Laser Mouse | XP64 3dMark05 Score: 12,227!

yea i dont play that many FPS games anymore ...... im stuck on World of Warcraft and now that i have the expansion I'm dying for a bigger monitor.... this 17" LCD ain't cuttin it! Especially since I have an SLi rig ;)

i do play FPS's (when I have time) but i'm still itching for a larger monitor... i should have bought a 42" in the first place. :D

enkrypt3d said:
[Proton]
AMD FX-60 | CoolerMaster Hyper 6+ CPU Cooler | 2GB OCZ (4x512) Platinum DDR3200 | DFI LanParty NF4-SLi-DR | 2 x eVGA GeForce 7800GTX KO 256MB in SLi | Lian-Li PC-65B | 2 x 750GB Segate SATA II Drives | Plextor DVD-/+ DL burner | 2 x 250GB Seagate SATA Drives | PC P&C TurboCool 510 SLi PSU | Dell 30" 3007WFP LCD | Logitech G5 Laser Mouse | XP64 3dMark05 Score: 12,227!

Too all the non-nerds out there, these specs are worthy of respect.

Here's mine: :D

Core2Duo E6600 (O/C'ed to 3GHz), 2GB G.Skill DDR-800, Asus P5W DH Deluxe, a 7950GX2, 2x 500GB WD SATA2 HDD's + 2x 400GB's + 1x 200GB, Dell 24" 2405, Phantom 500W PSU, Logitech G7 Mouse, Windows 95, P180 case fully modified with Nexus fans running at low voltage + Ninja CPU heatsink for SILENCE... its quieter than a stock NSX exhaust. :wink:

Anyone else want to whip out their specs? Or is all this hardware scaring off the console boys? :tongue: lol

Hey I love playing halo 2. If you want more friends to play with just send a friend request to XMidnightRavenX.

Related to the actual topic that is just a test system. If your gonna get a 360 though I say consider waiting till June when the 65nm processors. That is the rumor that was clarified as true by Microsoft.

And speaking about PS3>Xbox360 or Xbox360>PS3 is all nonsense. Its more like PS3=Xbox360. The numbers are not telling you the truth about each system. Don't believe the rumors that PS3 is 3x the power of the xbox 360 cause it not. I'll share a link that pretty much gives a "VERY DETAILED" explanation about each of their specs and what it actually means. Also if you do read this make sure you have some free time cause its about 11 pages in length.

http://dpad.gotfrag.com/portal/story/35372/?spage=1

Last edited:
i do play FPS's (when I have time) but i'm still itching for a larger monitor... i should have bought a 42" in the first place. :D

Core2Duo E6600 (O/C'ed to 3GHz), 2GB G.Skill DDR-800, Asus P5W DH Deluxe, a 7950GX2, 2x 500GB WD SATA2 HDD's + 2x 400GB's + 1x 200GB, Dell 24" 2405, Phantom 500W PSU, Logitech G7 Mouse, Windows 95, P180 case fully modified with Nexus fans running at low voltage + Ninja CPU heatsink for SILENCE... its quieter than a stock NSX exhaust. :wink:

Anyone else want to whip out their specs? Or is all this hardware scaring off the console boys? :tongue: lol

NeoNSX that is a beast of a machine you got there. My roommate just bought a Asus P5W DH Deluxe with the Intel Core2Duo processor. That thing is crazy fast. He only has one videocard though he said he was planning on buying a second to have it in SLi mode. Its funny though he did a 3DMark06 test and is currently scoring in the 5000 range. I took the test and got about 1500 but its expected I have an old pc.

To share my specs here it is.

AMD Athlon XP 3200+ with retail heatsink, 2x512GB DDR400 Corsairs XMS running in Dual Channel mode, Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe v.2, ATI X800 Pro AGP8X, Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition, 200GB SATA Harddrive, NEC 16X DVD-R/DVD+R burner, good old floppy disk drive, MGE Case w/ 450W PSU, Samsung 930b 19in LCD monitor, and old hp pavillion keyboard(I still don't know why I haven't gotten a better one), and a logitech mouse. Running Windows XP Pro.

haha nice not a bad setup... do u mean to tell me u're running windows 95 on that rig??? hah um u cant be serious? You know that windows 95 doesn't support SMP or DX9 or any of the goodies that XP does.....?

haha nice not a bad setup... do u mean to tell me u're running windows 95 on that rig??? hah um u cant be serious? You know that windows 95 doesn't support SMP or DX9 or any of the goodies that XP does.....?

Someone noticed... well done! :cool:

Yup. Looks like PC users have hijacked this thread... now we just need the Mac guys to hijack our hijacking! :D

I don't want to threaten all you PC gamers, because we all know how strong your "wrestling" arm gets from working your "FPS" with a mouse and a keyboard. If you catch my drift. :rolleyes: While you tough guys have to take the time to move your hands 2" to the right, us console guys are manipulating 2 analog controls with force feedback on a old CRT with inferior processing power and connection capability. I'll admit that an overclocked machine is better in every way, but I refuse to admit that CPU fraggers are better at gaming. You just have an easier interface.

Real men need to use both hands on their "joy stick", if you catch my drift. :biggrin:

i mainly play halo 2 on xbox... and did buy gears of war for the 360 when i picked up the deck... it seemed like the ONLY good game i'd play... and damn... its very good... i just have to keep adjusting a bit with controls going back and forth from halo and gears of war... but the images are amazing...

that level with the BESERK.... :eek: my heart kept jumping... and NEVER has a game gotten me that much into it... intense...

Oh if you guys mind I play both as well been playing mainly pgr3 lately. My gamertag is XMidnightRavenX will be sending you guys some friend requests soon.

Yup. Looks like PC users have hijacked this thread... now we just need the Mac guys to hijack our hijacking! :D

Uh.. Macs are a bit behind the curve in gaming :frown:

I run my games by rebooting into windows using Bootcamp heh. :tongue:

Getting back to the original thread:

NetViper said:
and many game developers have openly said the PS3 is a POS to program for and that the 360 is a much better platform.

Agreed 100%. The CELL is a horrid architecture to program for, and the GPU in the XBox360 is much more advanced/powerful than the PS3's (personal bias aside).

Of course PS3 games are going to start looking better over time (initial titles are never a good indicator of HW capabilities), but the underlying HW is still a bit crippled and definitely unbalanced.

encrypt3d said:
Blu-ray could never lose the format war as it has higher quality standards and supports more features and higher data density. Also its supported by more corporations than HD-DVD.

Which one wins the war is highly debatable and will not be determined solely on the above advantages. We're going to have to wait 2-3 years to see which way it ends up, but it's way too early to determine a clear winner.

encrypt3d said:
I have a 360 and I still think the PS3 has better image quality when using a TV that can support native 1080p.

I don't have a PS3 so I haven't been following this closely, but have they finally fixed the firmware so that it outputs 1080i now? Is the HW even capable of doing this without a performance hit? Last I checked their HD patch didn't work very well and was still downgrading to 480p on older HD sets that don't have 720p (which are the majority of the HD sets out in the public right now). So much for HD output...

Yea I must say PGR3 is a badass game... have you guys played the mini-game thats built into it?

Geometry Wars II? That is a really fun arcade game that is very addicting ;)

you guys modded your xbox 360's yet? Allows you to play games you download and burn yourself. I get all my games from bittorrent, even got lost planet a month prior to official release date.

No I haven't cause I don't want to mess up the warranty plus the rumors around saying that MS did updates to brick peoples modded systems. I don't want to go through that.

Back