• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yeeeha! check out the new M3 fellas

Ugly, I am looking at the LS-F and I think that car is going to give the M3 a nice run.

Wow you think the M3 is ugly then you haven't seen the LS-F. I saw that thing in Person and the V8 is definitely an after thought. It has a huge dome like hood that just doesn't fit the character of the car.

Enjoyed thread. Do the wheels on this new M3 look like they came off a 2007 TL Type S? :tongue:

Enjoyed thread. Do the wheels on this new M3 look like they came off a 2007 TL Type S? :tongue:

More like reused CSL rims.

Is that a carbon roof? If so, that and the engine is the only thing I'll look forward to.

Which would you rather have, an M3 or your girlfriend/wife? As the years go by, they both cost more, break more often, have more troubles starting, look more commonplace, and keep gaining more and more weight. :cool:

thanks for the new sig buddy!:wink:

Na they've had these wheels for a couple of years. They're from the CSL version which would be like the M3 version of the NSX-R. Which sucks because while I'm doing NSX-R conversion on my NSX I have to do CSL conversion at the same time:biggrin:

WingZ, how do you like the SMG compared to a reg. 6 speed? I read initially only manuals will be available, with some type of SMG variant releasing at a later date.

Na they've had these wheels for a couple of years. They're from the CSL version which would be like the M3 version of the NSX-R. Which sucks because while I'm doing NSX-R conversion on my NSX I have to do CSL conversion at the same time:biggrin:

I spend time on both M3 and NSX forums. The goal on both is to convert to the sporty racer (CSL available in Europe and R in Japan). It's an obsession, ppl will spare no expenses. These versions aren't available in US--perhaps the greatest aftermarket scams of our era. Even tho I know this, I'll probably be getting some CF parts down the line, hahaha.

Yuck. It used to be such a classy looking car. Too bad.

I found some more pictures. Those taillights are hideous!

6941_70307104803_4.jpg

6941_70307104800_0.jpg

6941_70307104802_2.jpg

6941_70307104803_4.jpg

6941_70307104805_6.jpg

6941_70307104807_8.jpg

as an E39 owner myself, I hated the new 5 series when it first came out, but now I want one:redface: They grow on you....
I think the new 3 series are nice and would take the new M3 in a minute:cool:

WingZ, how do you like the SMG compared to a reg. 6 speed? I read initially only manuals will be available, with some type of SMG variant releasing at a later date.

I know there's a ton of debate on the M3 boards about this ,but my feeling on it is different than others. Once you've driven Hondas manuals just about everyone elses is a disappointment. The Manual M3 flops around to me and wasn't all that the precise. I didn't car for the SMG until I learned how to drive it well by understanding what it does. Now I wouldn't consider an M3 w/o it.

I don't mind if SMG won't be available initially because I'm going to wait at least two model years before I buy. I figure they need that much time to work out the major bugs and will only have a few problems by the time the 2010 models come out in 09. Plus they might send the CSL our way and that would be worth waiting for:biggrin:

Looks like the designer that designed the ugly Z3 & Z4 got his hands on the M3. Yuck!

Last edited:
as an E39 owner myself, I hated the new 5 series when it first came out, but now I want one:redface: They grow on you....
I think the new 3 series are nice and would take the new M3 in a minute:cool:

They grow like mold...

Sorry, taste is subjective and to each his own but neither the current 5 nor the current 7 have gotten any better with the passage of time to my eyes. If anything, they're worse.

The current Audi A8 is light years ahead of the 7 in terms of exterior and interior design. It's beautiful. Whereas both the 5 and 7 look like scat.

They grow like mold...

Sorry, taste is subjective and to each his own but neither the current 5 nor the current 7 have gotten any better with the passage of time to my eyes. If anything, they're worse.

The current Audi A8 is light years ahead of the 7 in terms of exterior and interior design. It's beautiful. Whereas both the 5 and 7 look like scat.

I like the A8 as well. Beautiful car! Although I have to say the new MB S550 is making me drool. To bad they're crap cars now. They drop like stones after you buy them. I had a cousin who bought a new one a few years back and was always having problems:frown:

It's just not right that you pay that much for a car and have problems and then buy a cheap one and have no problems. But I guess you rich people don't care:biggrin:

I like the A8 as well. Beautiful car! Although I have to say the new MB S550 is making me drool. To bad they're crap cars now. They drop like stones after you buy them. I had a cousin who bought a new one a few years back and was always having problems:frown:

That's why I have my eye on the new Lexus LS460. That is a lot of car for the money. Those make me drool like a kid!

That's why I have my eye on the new Lexus LS460. That is a lot of car for the money. Those make me drool like a kid!

You sir are a very wise man! Lexus does it right! I just wish I didn't have to give up drivers feel for reliability:frown:

I'm not a fan of BMW but I like the way it looks. To me it looks much better than the picture of the M6, which reminds me of the Ford Taurus/Jaguar.

Back