• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Yes! I've just bought my Imola!!!

Don't tempt him! I'm sure with the way things are going, he'll start planning it!

Straight baller status! :biggrin:

Trust me, when he signs on tonight, he's going to want to know about this.

Haha, I wish I still had the pics of my friend sitting in the Ferrari while it was in his 747's cargo hold.

I'm sure that would push him over the edge!

omg see if you can find it... I'd love to see that... I think we're all living vicariously through Cameron here... :tongue:

omg see if you can find it... I'd love to see that... I think we're all living vicariously through Cameron here... :tongue:

I know I'm living through him. But then again, I'm the only one here that just sat in his car and rubbed the leather a little. :eek: :tongue:

.... I'm the only one here that just.....rubbed the leather a little. :eek: :tongue:

uh oh! i'm tellin! lol ;)

1184367762037.jpg

Last edited:
LMAO...oh man! Actually I did try and get some quotes on airfrieght but they came out to be waaaaaaaay to expensive.

Ben - try and dig up that photo of the Ferrari owner in the Cargo hold. That would be great to see!

Car should be picked up from the dealership next Friday! Off to Miami then Dubai!

I will not be doing this again! If that car goes anywhere its in a container back to Canada with me!

Well thanks Craig for taking such good care of the car! How are the burnouts?...hehe kidding.

Now that I've finally got her home (air shipments kick butt btw) I gave her a wash...

IMG_1458.jpg

Ahhhhhh hahahaha. Kidding. Its USA1's car and I love this look! Cheers buddy and I think we should start an "unofficial Imola Orange Pearl" thread because I searched and couldn't find one!

I was confused because I knew that pic wasn't in Dubai.

It's kind of funny. I love having this car on the showroom floor so I can stare at it for the next few days. But I'm going to smack the next person who rubs their finger under the back side of the hood and says, "That's a pretty good repaint." I can't tell you how many times I've heard this in one week! Do they not even seen the "Please Don't Touch" sign?

One of our wholesalers did it on Friday. I said, "You're kidding right?" He wasn't of course. I told him the car has never been touched. He asks me, "You think that's a factory paint job?" and rolls his eyes as he's saying it. Some people are so dumb.

haha...love it! Thanks for taking good care of the Imola White92 and for getting the water pump and timing belt done!

I so can't wait to get this car! Man o man...it will be a long 6-8 weeks!

Synth19 you're so lucky to be driving around...man what i'd give to have my Imola here now!

changing times?

I just got an email from a friend in Dubai regarding the ownership of vehicles there in the near future...

New Rules:

Cars older than 20 years will be banned from the roads from January 2009.

Cars more than 15 years old would be gone by 2010.

Ownership transfer of light vehicles older than 10 years will not be permitted if they are to be used within the UAE.

Ban on import of cars older than 5 years, while buses and heavy vehicles cannot be more than 7 years old.

The rules will not apply to vintage cars, which will have to pass special tests.

I haven't had a chance to look further into it, but I plan to... :cool:

Re: changing times?

I just got an email from a friend in Dubai regarding the ownership of vehicles there in the near future...

I haven't had a chance to look further into it, but I plan to... :cool:

It will be interesting to see what actually happens. For cars older than 15 years they will need to be emissions tested and run through a more thourough inspection process (vintage, exotic, classic cars). Trust me there are alot of exotic car owners here in Dubai that will be rather PO'd if the rules exempt them from using their cars.

For example my 2002 Imola will be imported here in August. If I tried to do this after January of 2009 the authorities wouldn't allow it. Fair enough. If I try and sell it on (no way will I sell this car) then in 4 years I wouldn't be able to.

But its all in interpretation.

I don't plan on being here for more than 4 years anyway...

indeed'y...

I hear'ya Jetpilot3/Cam'man... I was just surprised to hear of all this new legislation/restriction, so to speak.

My cousin in Tokyo, Japan, does mass-exports of late-model light-trucks/transportation-vans/SUV's/construction-vehicles from Japan to the Middle East (principally Dubai/UAE) and I'm wondering how this may impact him!

I need him to export me an '02+ NSX-R, which he said he could w/ no problem, lolz... :D

loco'...

It would be rather pricey...a fantastic purchase though.
Oh... it's a total pipe-dream, not to mention ridiculously unrealistic at this point in my life (~$100k'ish+) and RHD... grrr! A German LHD version would be much more tempting, in all honesty.

Like it's been said for ages: 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should...'

Last edited:
LMAO...oh man! Actually I did try and get some quotes on airfrieght but they came out to be waaaaaaaay to expensive.

Ben - try and dig up that photo of the Ferrari owner in the Cargo hold. That would be great to see!

Car should be picked up from the dealership next Friday! Off to Miami then Dubai!

I will not be doing this again! If that car goes anywhere its in a container back to Canada with me!

I never did find the picture, but it looked kind of like this (except that my friend was grinning like an idiot in the driver seat)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108556

Back