• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #11 on Ebay....Anybody know the history?

Year/Make/Model: 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI

Body Style: COUPE
Engine: 3.2L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Fuel: GASOLINE
Driveline: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Manufactured in: JAPAN
Safety Equipment: 4 wheel ABS, Dual front air bags/active (manual) belts

Standard Equipment: Power Windows, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, AM / FM Cassette, Power Brakes, Tilt Wheel

Total Loss Check:

GOOD NEWS! This 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137) has had no severe accidents reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.

No Salvage Title Reported No Loss Due To Fire Title Reported
No Junk Title Reported No Flood Damage Title Reported
No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Reported No Hail Damage Title Reported
No Dismantled Title Reported No Canadian Total Loss Record Reported

Other Accident Indicators:

This 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137) has had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX. CARFAX receives accident indicator information from many sources, continues to expand its coverage, and recommends a vehicle inspection by your dealer or professional mechanic.

No Salvage Auction Record Reported No Crash Test Vehicle Record Reported
No Fire Damage Record Reported No Airbag Deployment Record Reported
No Police Accident Record Reported No Damage Disclosure Record Reported

CARFAX depends on public and private sources for its accident data. Each one of these sources has different processing times. CARFAX can only report what is in our database on 29.Mar.2003 01:04:07. New data will result in a change to this report.

Accident Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Insurance claims on CARFAX? | About accident reports | Accident statistics

CARFAX Help Center | Glossary | Register FREE Guarantee

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

GOOD NEWS! This 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137) has had no odometer problems reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) under the Truth-In-Mileage Act. This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.

No Not Actual Mileage Title Reported No Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title Reported

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX did not uncover any odometer rollbacks for this 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137).

Date: Mileage:
09/02/1999 70 Reported on 08/10/1999

Mileage Accuracy Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Truth-In-Mileage Act | Rollbacks vs. rollovers | When do you flag a rollback?

GOOD NEWS! This 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137) has had no Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.

Lemon Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | What is a Manufacturer Buyback? | How can I get an inspection?

Ownership History:

This 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137) has 1 known owner(s). In compliance with the U.S. privacy laws, CARFAX does not collect or report owner names or addresses.

Known Owners: Date: Location:
1st owner 09/02/1999 California

Types of Owners:

This 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137) was originally registered as a Private Vehicle.

Private Use Registration Reported No Fleet Registration Reported
No Lease Registration Reported No Commercial Registration Reported
No Rental Registration Reported No Non-Profit Registration Reported
No Government Registration Reported No Built to Non U.S. Standards Record Reported
No Taxi Registration Reported

Ownership Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | No owner names or addresses, why? | Differences between registrations, titles, and # of owners? | Identifying new owners

ACURA does not report recall information for specific vehicles to CARFAX.
Go to the CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report for recalls issued by the National Highway Traffic Safety Association for the 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI. You can also contact an authorized dealership or ACURA at 1-800-999-1009 to find out if this 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137) still has recalls that require repair.

Recall Check FAQs:
How CARFAX Customers use this section | Sources of recall data | CARFAX recalls vs. NHTSA recalls

CARFAX searched over 2.07 billion records from nearly 800 sources and found 3 record(s) for this 1999 ACURA NSX TYPE-S ALEX ZANARDI (JH4NA2126XT000137).

Date:
Odometer Reading:
Source:
General Comments:

09/02/1999 70 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Tarzana, CA
Title issued
First owner reported
Odometer reading recorded on 08/10/1999

09/02/1999 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title issued
First lien reported

09/02/1999 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Registered as
private vehicle

50k would be a good price if anyone is interested in this car...
smile.gif

Originally posted by Nimbus:
His reserve is higher than $50k unfortunately...

then i would wait for him to lower it. eventually if he gets desperate then he will. seeing the way the economy is at the moment, i wouldnt be surprised. I have seen NSX"s that have been on the market for 3-6 months and still havent sold, eventually the owner will have to drop the pricing since all that waiting time to sell the car, the car has depreciated some more
frown.gif

Originally posted by bayareansx1999:
then i would wait for him to lower it.

That's one strategy, and it might work.

Then again, someone might buy it at the price he's asking.

There aren't a lot of Zanardis, and some of them have been heavily modified and others have higher mileage.

If I had a low-mileage Zanardi like this one, I would expect to get anywhere from $53K to $57K for it.

I emailed him last weekend and I had no reply...If I get a hold of him, I'll give you a full report.:rolleyes:

$50k sounds like a "dreamer" price if the car is clean. I am curious why it was run as a private auction though.

BTW 5 seconds on Google and I found out that this guy (Shawn Khorrami) is the seller: http://www.khorrami.com/. After reading his website... well... No comment.

Lud said:
$50k sounds like a "dreamer" price if the car is clean. I am curious why it was run as a private auction though.

BTW 5 seconds on Google and I found out that this guy (Shawn Khorrami) is the seller: http://www.khorrami.com/. After reading his website... well... No comment.

Am I missing something besides the fact that the seller is an attorney?

Nimbus said:
Am I missing something besides the fact that the seller is an attorney?

It seems a class action suit will come against any member of prime who improperly states the condition of the vehicle :). therefore i also have.. No comment.

Lud said:

OMG! I too will offer the no comment

We all have 1st amendment rights to free speech on this board...just state everything as your "opinion" :cool:

bayareansx1999 said:
then i would wait for him to lower it. eventually if he gets desperate then he will. seeing the way the economy is at the moment, i wouldnt be surprised. I have seen NSX"s that have been on the market for 3-6 months and still havent sold, eventually the owner will have to drop the pricing since all that waiting time to sell the car, the car has depreciated some more
frown.gif

I don't know about that. I posted my Zanardi for sale sometime in Jan. Though I have only seriously spoken to one person about selling it in all this time, it isn't making me want to lower the price. In fact, The one person I spoke to is the only person that has e-mailed me. I always forget to check my phone messages at home. I remembered a few weeks ago and had something like 30 messages that had exceeded the length of time they were stored and 5 people wanting to talk to me about the NSX. I just thought, oops, Guess I should have check my messaged some time in the last 5 months.

For me, the car is for sale, But so is everything I own, if the price is right.

That’s just one perspective from someone selling a Zanardi.

-matt

Back