• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi #44 is for sale JH4NA2126XT000171

Ive been working on this (quietly) for the last month or so. I finally flew out to LA to see the car this week.

Since I bought another NSX, I thought I would share this with the community in case someone wants to purchase this one.

Owner is asking $46k but will most likely take $44k. Won't go below that.

Details:
36k, 1 owner car. No ADMITTED accidents. Has had front bumper (scraped on curbs, etc) and 1 side skirt (not sure why) replaced. Passed a PPI showing no accidents or any major issues other than the below. New clutch less than 1k ago.

Needs the following:

Timing Belt
Water Pump
30k / 45k maintenance (60k too?)
Fluids
4 wheels refinished
Mats
Alignment
Tires
Door dings removed
New front bumper (curb rash again!)
A good cleaning
Paint Reconditioning
Paint touch up

The car is in C condition. Maybe C-

The main problem I see is I think the rear drivers fender has been replaced or painted off the car. This FIRST picture below is from another Zanardi on this board.

IMG_04431.jpg

The SECOND picture is from #44. It appears the fender was painted and then put back on, black bolts and all! Owner swears nothing has been done.

PIC-0031.jpg

Additional pics (courtesy of Da Hapa):

bumperfitment.jpg

notethebolt.jpg

If you are interested contact:

Patrick Ying
[email protected]

PPI was done at Planet Acura. Call Paul in service for details.

Be advised that Patrick is NOT the owner of the car. He is a young man that is a friend of a friend of the owner. Owner is an older man that does not know much about selling a car. Kirk is his name. Patrick can get you his number.

If you have the time, money, and patience to bring this car back from the brink, I think it may be a nice car! Hopefully I have taken most of the work out of it for someone!

SPECIAL THANKS to Da Happa and Darryl for checking out this car for me!

Last edited:
Re: Zanardi #44 is for sale

Ouch:frown: Thanks for your imput.

Last edited:

I looked at this car in person a few weeks ago at the request of OSUgrad and took a bunch of pictures. I have not commented to date because I didn't want to derails OSUGrad's potential purchase opportunity.

I did not drive the car and I am not a mechanic. OSUGrad asked me to look at it purely from an aesthetics standpoint.

Having owned an NSX for 3 years and looked at dozens of them, it is my opinion that this car was in some sort of incident. I don't know if it was an accident, per se, but I do believe that it has had some paint work.

Moreover, it is my personal opinion that the owner of this car hasn't taken the best care of the car. All four wheels are severely curb rashed. The interior is pretty scratched up, the owner has no idea where the floor mats are, and there are quite a few dents and dings on the car.

I might have all the pictures I took at home still on my PC if OSUGrad doesn't have them. I think the car is in C- condition (based on the scales outlined in the old NSXprime FAQ section) but if someone is willing to put some cash and some TLC into the car it could be a nice find.

Good luck.

Ive got the pics if anyone is interested.

Thanks again Da Hapa!!

Ive got the pics if anyone is interested.

Thanks again Da Hapa!!

I am having the itch to get another car. If I could get additional photos from you, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

I am having the itch to get another car. If I could get additional photos from you, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

PM Sent

If car needs minor reconditioning and the price is right, its a very special and numbers are limited enough, the car will always have demand.

If car needs minor reconditioning and the price is right, its a very special and numbers are limited enough, the car will always have demand.

Is a replaced/painted fender "minor reconditioning"??

This car needs more than "minor" reconditioning.

Is a replaced/painted fender "minor reconditioning"??

This car needs more than "minor" reconditioning.

Ofcourse finding a non painted Zinardi would be ideal, but give the limited quantity available, if the car drives straight and does not have frame damage and the price is good, I wouldn't mind owning it, as its is one of the ultimate expressions of an Nsx can't beat the 100lbs less weight and performance.:smile:

Knock yourself out! Buy it! Thats the reason I posted here. All the work is done! You know the history and bottom line price.

Knock yourself out! Buy it! Thats the reason I posted here. All the work is done! You know the history and bottom line price.

I did not see the price, $46k is to much for repaint Zinardi, I have seen them with no paint for around the same price. Anyhow hope it finds a good home.

On what planet have you seen a clean Zanardi for mid-$40Ks? I will buy it. I think only 2 or 3 have changed hands in the last 2 yrs.

I did not see the price, $46k is to much for repaint Zinardi, I have seen them with no paint for around the same price. Anyhow hope it finds a good home.

On what planet have you seen a clean Zanardi for mid-$40Ks? I will buy it. I think only 2 or 3 have changed hands in the last 2 yrs.

Hmm its been a while, there is one for $30k in Cali if your interested in some reconditioning :biggrin:

Hmm its been a while, there is one for $30k in Cali if your interested in some reconditioning :biggrin:

I seriously considered trying to save that one. The only problem is the salvage title. Banks do not loan money on a salvage title car, and I really do not have an extra $30k just burning a hole in my pocket to be spent, on top of the $15k I would spend reconditioning it. At that point it is easier to buy one that is nice to begin with.

I seriously considered trying to save that one. The only problem is the salvage title. Banks do not loan money on a salvage title car, and I really do not have an extra $30k just burning a hole in my pocket to be spent, on top of the $15k I would spend reconditioning it. At that point it is easier to buy one that is nice to begin with.

It would be nice if you had an aluminum machine and frame shop. $25k purchase price for a salvage Zinardi would be measureable, I hope no more Zinardis get wrecked I want one in the near future.

Does anyone that looked at this car have entire side shots of the car? I would like to see overall condition, please. Thank you!

Does anyone that looked at this car have entire side shots of the car? I would like to see overall condition, please. Thank you!

We don't. Sorry. These were the trouble spots. The rest of the car looks like any other red NSX. Paint is in decent condition. Needs a buff / wax job.

If you contact Patrick he may be able to provide some pictures. He was not able to for me (doesn't own a camera) but maybe he can for you.

what city is the car located in? is there an ad for the car somewhere online?

What do you mean by the paint needs to be reconditioned? Heavy Buff? Sorry never heard of that term before, and on another note I think its cool that somebody like De Hapa would take the time to check out a car for OSU grad. Renews my faith in people

how is the interior?

EDIT. Just went through again and see that you state the interior is pretty scratched up.

ANY pics of the interior?

Does anyone know anything about #44, or was it one that just made it in to the hands of someone who drove it? I searched and came up with nothing about this number in the Zanardi roll call.

Last edited:

What do you mean by the paint needs to be reconditioned? Heavy Buff? Sorry never heard of that term before,

It needs a professional detail. Heavy buffing, swirl remover, and lots of touch up.

how is the interior?

EDIT. Just went through again and see that you state the interior is pretty scratched up.

ANY pics of the interior?

Does anyone know anything about #44, or was it one that just made it in to the hands of someone who drove it? I searched and came up with nothing about this number in the Zanardi roll call.

Here is a pic of the interior. Black hides issues well. Its not like its cut up and held together with duct tape. Its just been treated for the last 9 years without much care.

interior.jpg

Back