• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zanardi Edition at Greenwich Acura...

Has anyone seen in person the 99 Zanardi Edition that Greenwich Acura has on their lot? If so, I'd like to know how it checked out. It has only 3500 miles, and CarFax says it clean. Thanks much!

-Eric

I've seen it a few times but haven't driven it. I bought Zanardi #43 a month ago and looked at the one @ Greenwich during my search. It is extremly clean and as you know has very low miles. Unless having #2 is especialy interesting to you, I would look elsewhere as I was able to buy #43 with 6k miles on it that was equally clean for $13k less than Greenwich said it would sell for. There were a few Zanardi editions on Autotrader a month back.

Greenwich always has a large selection of NSXs on their lot. Can't comment on price, but they do know NSX. Their service guys are great, but those prices are high. Is this Zanardi a red one? I stopped there not too long ago to take a quick look at the 2002 they had out front, and noticed what I thought to be the Zanardi ( wheels/seats )so I walked over to look at it. Only took a quick visual, but my first impression was that it needed a good washing and detailing. I was surprised that someone would let such a nice car get so dirty. It was only dirt, brake dust and hand smudges, no dings or paint problems that I could see. JMO, YMMV. Good luck in your search.

I hope it's not the same one that I discussed with them more than a year ago. I think it is, because the # sounds familiar. If so, they should be very motivated to sell at a reasonable price. I negotiated on a '98 Red NSX-T and got the price almost where I wanted, but found my '00 at a price that I couldn't refuse.

Good luck.

------------------

I've negotiated $65,900, does that sound reasonable for the #2 Zanadri with 3500 miles? I understand this car as been on their lot for almost a year, and they seem very motivated to move it off.

-Eric

I looked at #35 here last year and it was going for LOW 60's asking price. I am sure it would have actually sold for high 50's though.

I would wager a guess that they can move a little lower on price for you. If it has been sitting there for a YEAR!?

Would anyone agree that the Zanardi is the same car regardless of number in the sequnece and should not be billed higher because it was the first or second one built?

Would anyone agree that the Zanardi is the same car regardless of number in the sequnece and should not be billed higher because it was the first or second one built?

Pragmatically, this seems to be true - there doesn't appear to be any collector premium for any Zanardi (well, maybe Zanardi's Zanardi). Over time, the first and last examples available to consumers (#2 & #50) might be considered collectible (as is often the case with other interesting cars), but I certaintly wouldn't suggest holding your breath...

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 18 April 2002).]

$65.9k for a 3 year old NSX is way too high, Zanardi or not.

I have also heard bad news about that car (#2), not sure if it's accurate though. I would definitely have an independent shop closely examine it if you are going to buy it.

How can 65k be "way too high" for a low mileage 99?

Checking autotrader right now, the cheapest 99 listed is 64k.

Kelly Blue Blook on a 99 with 6k miles and "good" condition is 70k.

I think it's kind of odd when the NSX forum is claiming that Blue Book is "way too high". If anything, enthusiasts generally claim that Blue Book is too low...

Even super low ball Edmunds lists wholesale trade in value as 53K and retail as 60k...

[This message has been edited by spookyp (edited 18 April 2002).]

Nimbus, can you elaborate on the bad news you've heard about the #2, true or false.... I don't think the guys at Greenwich would have gone any lower, I talked them down from an origional 69.5K or something. I know it's risky, but I'm planing on buying the car and having it shipped to me in california sight unseen. It still has a little over a year on the factory warrenty, how much can go wrong with 3300 miles, unless the first owner just completely thrashed the car. I think they had a hard time selling this car because of the Red, manual steering, and too firm of a ride for many people.

-Eric

ericC,
You should push them to certify the car for you. As I mentioned on the post above, I just bought #43 in NYC and they certified the car (which cost me nothing). This will extend the entire factory warrenty until 2004 and add the 7 year/100k powertrain warranty. It is likely something they will do only if you demand it. I told the dealer i bought from that it was the only thing stopping me from wiring the money to them and it was certified 8 hours later.

$65.9k seems about right. I would hope to get $70K for my '00 in flawless condition.

Have it independently checked. My negotiations with Greenwich left me a little shaky. I would not buy anything from anyone that I am not fully comfortable with. I had a real good experience with Rick Case Acura in Ft Lauderdale.

------------------

I too think that price is too high for a 99, Zanardi or not. I think Greenwich gets a premium b/c they "specialize" in NSX's. I've heard that they sell more NSX's than any other dealershp in the country. Plus, they're located in a ritzy area so they can get premiums for their cars. If you're paying a premium by buying from an Acura dealership, get the Certification. If they won't give it to you, then I would wonder why. It does cost them some money (I think $900) but hey, you're paying a premium, right?

As for what can go wrong in 3000 miles, that's what I thought when I almost bought an 00 (in 01) with about 2000 miles(?). It had a lot of Comptech stuff on it, a $15k? stereo system, black Techno wheels and some other stuff. Anyway, it turns out the car had been in an accident. Not a bad one but if I'm going to pay a lot for a car, I would prefer no stories.

Originally posted by spookyp:
I think it's kind of odd when the NSX forum is claiming that Blue Book is "way too high". If anything, enthusiasts generally claim that Blue Book is too low...
Buyers will always say XXX is too high; sellers will say its too low
biggrin.gif

There were some earlier threads suggesting that Kelly BB is less useful for low-volume exotics... NADA and CPI might be more useful.

tabasco,

This is off topic, but in your signature you list your color as "candy apple blue". Would that maybe just be "candy blue"? I've never seen a blue candy apple.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Originally posted by WeakestLink:
I've heard that they sell more NSX's than any other dealershp in the country.

That was true at one time. For the past couple of years, Niello Acura in Sacramento has been selling more NSXs than anyone else.

Originally posted by WeakestLink:
I too think that price is too high for a 99, Zanardi or not. I think Greenwich gets a premium b/c they "specialize" in NSX's.

Well, if $65k is too high for a 99 with 3k miles, then point me to all of these 99's that are going for way less. I'll sell my 98 and buy one.

Eric C,

I bought my new NSX from Greenwich Acura last
August. I'm pleased to say that they did an
outstanding job with the paperwork and delivery
of my NSX to Houston. I'm not sure whom you
are working with over there but I had the best
experience with: Ralph DiBattista (General Manager)
He went out of his way to make sure that I was
very satisfied!

You can email him: [email protected]

Good luck,

Terrence Brown

[This message has been edited by Single Samurai (edited 23 April 2002).]

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
tabasco,

This is off topic, but in your signature you list your color as "candy apple blue". Would that maybe just be "candy blue"? I've never seen a blue candy apple.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

With 60+ coats of ZAINO, the paint has that pearly look of the old candy apple red. If there was such a thing as a blue apple, it would want to look just like my NSX.

------------------

when i was looking around for my nsx greenwhich acura was one of the places i went as well as curry,westchester and island acura,,,i did my search in the DuPont Registry and Greenwhich seemed to me had pretty high prices on there used stock and i didnt like the high pressure sales technique there. i was recently checking prices on a oil change and they quoted me 145 dollars ,,,99 at westchester ,,,and 35 at curry .

Back