• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Zymol Vinyl

I would like to know who has used Zymol Vinyl on their interior vinyl. What were the results and do you feel that it was worth $27 for 8.5 oz of the stuff? I would like to find a better alternative to the shiny Armor-All-type products.

nsxr1 said:
I would like to know who has used Zymol Vinyl on their interior vinyl. What were the results and do you feel that it was worth $27 for 8.5 oz of the stuff? I would like to find a better alternative to the shiny Armor-All-type products.
I love this stuff! It leaves the dash with a slight satin-looking finish, not sticky, oily-looking gloss like that other brand. Smells nice, too. Yes, I feel it was worth it. Keep in mind that you only use a little bit. I use it regularly on all three cars and one bottle lasts for several years.

Re: Zymol Seal

I am also thinking about ordering Zymol Seal for the rubber seals. Have you used that and if so what is your opinion on it?

nsxr1 said:
I am also thinking about ordering Zymol Seal for the rubber seals. Have you used that and if so what is your opinion on it?
I have some but a friend used it on my car. Seemed to work okay, sorry I can't give you more details.

I'm a big fan of Zymol Vinyl. I think it's the best protectant made for interior vinyl pieces. My 13 year old NSX has had this stuff applied since new, and the interior in that car still looks new.

I use Zymol Seal on my cars too. It supposed to keep the rubber seals soft and pliable. The seals on my 1991 NSX are still very soft, so it appears to work. However I have not compared these seals to other, non-treated seals, so I cannot say for sure.

nsxtasy said:
I love this stuff! It leaves the dash with a slight satin-looking finish, not sticky, oily-looking gloss like that other brand. Smells nice, too. Yes, I feel it was worth it. Keep in mind that you only use a little bit. I use it regularly on all three cars and one bottle lasts for several years.

I agree 100%! Love it love it love it! It's my favorite interior product that I have ever used. A neat trick is to use a small sponge (I use a zymol wax applicator pad) to apply it and keep it is a sealed bag. That way it stays clean and moist with the product so the bottle lasts you longer. :)
A

I also recommend Zymol Vinyl. nsxtasy turned me on to this stuff and it's great. Just be sure to follow the directions - apply when the dashboard is warm, and wipe it down afterward. I once neglected the wipedown step and the results were a bit shinier than usual.

For weatherstrip I recommend BMW Gummi Pflege. It costs less than $8 for tube and works extremely well at preserving and restoring weatherstrip. It also comes with a clever applicator which makes using it kind of fun.

Back