• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 conversion questions

i did search and did read 2 threads on 02 conversion but those threads r dated. im wondering if the prices have dropped bc of recession.

People estimate it cost 6k to 10k. thats a big difference, almost double. why such a wide range?

I looked on science of speed but it doesnt give u a full cost of all the parts needed. I need hood, bumper and headlight. Those 3 are the big parts. headlight cost 1500 so as the bumper and hood. so a total of 4500. Plus 1500 paint job, the cost is 6000. where do u get $10,000 from?

where can i purchase the parts the cheapest. I dont want fiberglass, it must be OEM or urethane. I plan to get OEM bumper and downforce hood, and maybe OEM headlight , not sure yet.

i did search and did read 2 threads on 02 conversion but those threads r dated. im wondering if the prices have dropped bc of recession.

People estimate it cost 6k to 10k. thats a big difference, almost double. why such a wide range?

I looked on science of speed but it doesnt give u a full cost of all the parts needed. I need hood, bumper and headlight. Those 3 are the big parts. headlight cost 1500 so as the bumper and hood. so a total of 4500. Plus 1500 paint job, the cost is 6000. where do u get $10,000 from?

where can i purchase the parts the cheapest. I dont want fiberglass, it must be OEM or urethane. I plan to get OEM bumper and downforce hood, and maybe OEM headlight , not sure yet.

Number of factors....but....there are more parts than what you have listed, I wouldn't be surprised by the time you buy the other parts if you haven't spent another 1k. Paint is subjective, some folks will spend more than the 1500. I think the 10k range would also include the 02+ side skirts, rear valance and the tail lights. Realistically you could probably do just the front end conversion for under 6k. Check out Chris NSX's thread on his Sebring Silver conversion, his car is amazing. He also list out the "required" parts as some can be re-used.

Best of luck
Danny

$1500 seems very low to get your car painted. I'm getting my bumper repainted for my daily driver and that's going to cost around $690. You can check out downforce.biz to look at the cost for the 02 conversion if you go to downforce for the conversion. The $10k estimate sounds about right if you factor in parts, labor for installation and painting. I think it's always better to over estimate big jobs rather than be shocked after.

Back