• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02+ LB NSX from Top Gear S7E6

Anyone know what happened to the NSX driven by Jeremy Clarkson from season 7 episode 6 of UK Top Gear (only Top Gear series worth watching IMO. The US version blows).

Its still in the UK apparently, i asked on the nsxcb forum thread on r models

I believe the butter78 is referring to the Blue NSX-T Clarkson drove in the USA around Laguna Seca and scammy is thinking about the white NSX-R that Hammond drove around the Top Gear track in the UK.

Here is the video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/olWCXfwTvhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let me do some digging... :)

Last edited:
Here is the video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/olWCXfwTvhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let me do some digging... :)

That's the video.... Still brings a smile to my face. Haven't seen the Richard Hammond video with the type r yet though. Should look that up

I wonder if it was mine?

Only 3 made in that color combo in '02. Never seen it before, anyone got a HQ version?

Mike

I just noticed the show aired in 05 so it could have been any year car. I believe it would be 1 of 18 for all the years.

Last edited:
Well in the NSX's defense Jeremy was using a Type-R in the game. If I remember correctly Hammond didn't have a lot of nice things to say about the NSX-R

I felt it was a good "every man" review of the NSX-R. Here is a special edition version of the car that add a significant amount of cost and it doesn't appear to have any significant enhancements.

I believe his comment was mostly directed along the lines of "why didn't Honda boost the engine for the 2002+ upgrade rather than just go with cosmetic changes"? The answer of course is that the car was not a high profit segment, but I think there is no arguing that the NSX suffered by a lack of continued development compared to vehicles such as the Corvette who received continued development over the years.

The guy needs the Boss (Senna) to show him how it's done, great video nonetheless. :smile:

Back