• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

02 vs. 91 valance with for exhaust

Does anyone know if the 02 valance is the same width as the 91 for the exhaust tips? Better yet, if the seibon is the same width.

Trying to see if an old anytime exhaust will work with the dual tips.

Last edited:
I should fit

not to many will not fit the 02 its pretty wide

- - - Updated - - -

I just measured them for you.

02+ is 6.5 inch wide
pre 02 is 7.5 inch

I should fit

not to many will not fit the 02 its pretty wide

- - - Updated - - -

I just measured them for you.

02+ is 6.5 inch wide
pre 02 is 7.5 inch

Thanks Shawn. That is a big difference. I need to check with seibon to see if it is the same. It is hard to measure, but it looks like it is close to the 6.5" at the narrowest point.

Last edited:
If I remember, I'll take a seibon measurement for you tonight. I'm able to to fit two 3" tips side by side but it's close. I also have a 1/8" gap between my tips and about 1/4" clearance on side and top. It's really close.. just enough to compensate for engine movement. If the Anytime exhaust isn't perfectly centered you might have problems with the Seibon (which is a GT-One copy).

I'm almost positive the 02+ works with maybe only a single ~4" tip max. My buddy did run an original GT-One v5.1 on his 05 but those have like 2 x 2" tips.

On the Seibon.. there's also about 1" top side clearance because of how the opening is formed. You can see it here.

IMG_0461.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I had a better pic but maybe this can help you.

842013144159_zpsaf034c20.jpg

This is why I can't run the 02+ valence/Seibon with my double-tip tubi exhaust.

My exhaust tips measure 6.5" edge to edge.

I'm using the WW rear spats and there's plenty of room.

wwrear.jpg

Last edited:
That really looks good to me. Put a nice diffuser on it and call it a day.
This is why I can't run the 02+ valence/Seibon with my double-tip tubi exhaust.

My exhaust tips measure 6.5" edge to edge.

I'm using the WW rear spats and there's plenty of room.

wwrear.jpg

Hi, does anyone know if its possible to use the 02 rear valance with the 91 OEM exhaust tips? I am doing the conversion for my car, just wanting to know if I have to change the exhaust first before the valance or I can hold off the exhaust a while. Thanks

Hi, does anyone know if its possible to use the 02 rear valance with the 91 OEM exhaust tips? I am doing the conversion for my car, just wanting to know if I have to change the exhaust first before the valance or I can hold off the exhaust a while. Thanks

Not sure but I would recommend changing out the stock oem exhaust. It weights a ton and is a restriction in most cases.

Yes I can confirm that the OEM exhaust tips will fit the 02 rear valence. I have a 94 with OEM exhaust (same as on 91) and did the 02 valence conversion and it fits perfect.

Yes I can confirm that the OEM exhaust tips will fit the 02 rear valence. I have a 94 with OEM exhaust (same as on 91) and did the 02 valence conversion and it fits perfect.

Oh, brilliant. Thanks for the info. You wouldn't happen to have photo of that lying around somewhere?

Thanks for the reply guys.

Back