• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

18x10+22

Is this too aggressive for the rear of the NSX? I don't want to have to stretch my tires. I looked around and I saw that someone was running an 18x10+20 but had to run a lot of negative camber and stretch.

Just wanted to see if the +22 could provide a nice flush look without stretching the tires. I know some tires run wider than others and might work.

TIA

You can do it with fender modifications (roll and pull)

Is this too aggressive for the rear of the NSX? I don't want to have to stretch my tires. I looked around and I saw that someone was running an 18x10+20 but had to run a lot of negative camber and stretch.

Just wanted to see if the +22 could provide a nice flush look without stretching the tires. I know some tires run wider than others and might work.

TIA

well I'm considering the Enkei RP03. Light weight, cheap and even has a concave rear. The alternative is the CE28N which I think is a great wheel but is $$$.

oh no.....not willing to do that. well that sucks only other size is 18x9.5+38 but probably not a bad compromise.

Here's my old wheels that were 18x9.5 +38 in the rear with a 265/35/18 tire.
NSXElTorosm.jpg

CIMG0143.jpg

Last edited:
What make are those and sizes offsets etc. i am looking for some rims like the TE37SL for weight savings but those dont look to bad, why did you change?
Here's my old wheels that were 18x9.5 +38 in the rear with a 265/35/18 tire.
NSXElTorosm.jpg

CIMG0143.jpg

TIA

Not gonna happen without stretch tires, fender roll and negative camber :smile:

TOO AGGRESSIVE!

What make are those and sizes offsets etc. i am looking for some rims like the TE37SL for weight savings but those dont look to bad, why did you change?

They are XXR Wheels, model is the 522.
Size is 17x8 +48 front, 18x9.5 +38 rear. Weight is about 20lbs front, 23lbs rear. JWL/VIA Certified
Price for the entire set was $460 :eek:.

Got rid of them because I bent one of the fronts when I slammed into a pothole doing about 60mph at the track..Wheel held up fine, btw, and I was able to make the 120 mile drive home with no issues (except a vibration at ~40mph). Rear tires were also shot, so I just had the tire shop dismount the whole set.

Decided I would get a slightly lighter wheel set for the track and try something else out.. Currently looking at the TSW Interlaggos Rotary Forged wheels now..

They are XXR Wheels, model is the 522.
Size is 17x8 +48 front, 18x9.5 +38 rear. Weight is about 20lbs front, 23lbs rear. JWL/VIA Certified
Price for the entire set was $460 :eek:.

Got rid of them because I bent one of the fronts when I slammed into a pothole doing about 60mph at the track..Wheel held up fine, btw, and I was able to make the 120 mile drive home with no issues (except a vibration at ~40mph). Rear tires were also shot, so I just had the tire shop dismount the whole set.

Decided I would get a slightly lighter wheel set for the track and try something else out.. Currently looking at the TSW Interlaggos Rotary Forged wheels now..

you hit a pothole on the track!?

you hit a pothole on the track!?

Well, it's more of the inside of the apex.. got a little in too deep and the back side of the apex drops off since it's the end of the paved part of the track.
Basically the tire went slightly off track and then abruptly came back on.. kind of like hitting a curb at high speed..:redface:

What happened was almost identical to this, except the track was in the other direction (so I hit the driver's side front wheel).
Fast forward to 2:15
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8fM2X3XlNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
i ran a 19x10.5 (35offset) TE37's on 285 tires w/o ANY rub, although I was lowered and had some negative camber. A 18x10 22offset wheel would stick out 7mm more than mine did. I think you could get away with running a 255/265 tire imo.

I was curious about the 19x10+22 as well. The RPF1's in that fitment offer a really nice concave face. Wonder if you would be able to machine off 5-7mm off the pad to bump it up to a +27 or +29.

Below is a 19x9.5 +23 (a 18x10 +22 would stick out 7mm more) lowered on Eibach springs.
IMG_05161.jpg

Below is a 19x10 +35 (a 18x10 +22 would stick out 13mm more)
IMG_050311.jpg

I was curious about the 19x10+22 as well. The RPF1's in that fitment offer a really nice concave face. Wonder if you would be able to machine off 5-7mm off the pad to bump it up to a +27 or +29.

Good question. I believe it is possible because Diddy has the RP03 and his rear spec is 19x10+30 which is not an available option from Enkei and he told me Synergy sold it to him so maybe Synergy or someone else modded the wheel.

Good question. I believe it is possible because Diddy has the RP03 and his rear spec is 19x10+30 which is not an available option from Enkei and he told me Synergy sold it to him so maybe Synergy or someone else modded the wheel.

Angus had the wheel modded. talk to him. im sure what Tech0742 mentioned is what he had done.

Last edited:

I would think as it sits here that it's still in the 19x10 +22 spec, just by judging how far it's past the fender.. Then again he's supposedly also running 295/30/19 tires..
IMG_20111125_170506.jpg

Who's car is that ^^?

They don't look like that on Diddy's car. Or maybe the angle doesn't show how much they stick out.

Diddy.....any more pics?

EnkeiRP03.jpg

I would think as it sits here that it's still in the 19x10 +22 spec, just by judging how far it's past the fender.. Then again he's supposedly also running 295/30/19 tires..
IMG_20111125_170506.jpg

hes running wider tires. which is why his stick out more.

Who's car is that ^^?

They don't look like that on Diddy's car. Or maybe the angle doesn't show how much they stick out.

Diddy.....any more pics?

EnkeiRP03.jpg

ill see if i have some other angles. if not i can take some for you to help you out.

hes running wider tires. which is why his stick out more.

ill see if i have some other angles. if not i can take some for you to help you out.

That's synergy004's car from his original classified.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156178

Wider tires don't contribute to where the outside wheel edge sits... and it looks like the rim itself is past the fender (as is the tire edge). My guess is that this was the wheel pre-modification (pre 19x10 +30 status)..

Last edited:
That's synergy004's car from his original classified.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156178

Wider tires don't contribute to where the outside wheel edge sits... and it looks like the rim itself is past the fender (as is the tire edge). My guess is that this was the wheel pre-modification (pre 19x10 +30 status)..

he has wider tires and his car isnt as low as mine. i have have a lot of camber which is why mine sits in much further than his. theres only one way to find out. ask him.

I'm running 19x10 19mm Advan Model 5 with no rub, stock camber settings SLAMMED on BC coilovers/Swift Springs. I ran 19x10 45mm Advans and were not aggressive enough for my taste.

Offsets/fitment have alot to do with ride height, and tire brand.

I always run Falken Fk452 because they are narrow, but not overly stretched whatsoever.

A few pics to tell the story...

232323.jpg

IMG_7865-1.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

IMG_7863.jpg

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7861.jpg

IMG_7859.jpg

2323-1.jpg

Back