• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1991 Nsx

Hi all-

I am a newbie and considering a red 91 with low 20,000 miles with the asking price just under $30K from private owner. Car looks great, has had timing belt and water pump changed and is not in snap ring range. I have reviewed all of the other failures or concerns that most others have experieced but wanted to know if there was anything I really need to check out before deciding. The price seems higher than book valuation but lower than many others I have seen with similar mileage. Does this seem reasonable? All thoughts and/or opinions are welcome!! Thanks in advance!

Any mods on the car? Price sounds OK for such a low mileage car.

We need some more info. from you to truly answer your question well.

There's a lot of help avaialbe to you in the FAQ section above.

Also, where is the car located? Perhaps a current owner can help you inspect the car.

The answer to some of the questions are as follows. Yes, the car in question was the one that did not sell on ebay. My guess is that it didn't sell because of the price. My communication with the owner indicated that he was having all of the work I listed done to the car. As for the modifications, the exhaust was changed (not sure yet to what system - quite frankly, I don't care for the look of the exhaust tips and would change them to look like the factory). If anyone knows anything about that car or has looked at it , I appreciate any info. Car is located in CA. If this one doesn't work out, I'll keep looking! Thanks.

madmap00 said:
The answer to some of the questions are as follows. Yes, the car in question was the one that did not sell on ebay. My guess is that it didn't sell because of the price. My communication with the owner indicated that he was having all of the work I listed done to the car. As for the modifications, the exhaust was changed (not sure yet to what system - quite frankly, I don't care for the look of the exhaust tips and would change them to look like the factory). If anyone knows anything about that car or has looked at it , I appreciate any info. Car is located in CA. If this one doesn't work out, I'll keep looking! Thanks.

I would have bought it if I was looking right now. If you want to sell it in a year when I get back from Australia...haha. :biggrin:

madmap00 said:
Car is located in CA.
California is full of shops that have a lot of experience servicing NSXs and would be qualified to do an inspection, including (north to south):

Sacramento - Niello Acura
Daly City - Hilltop Auto Service
Santa Clara - Foreign Affair
Huntington Beach - Autowave
Oceanside - Applied Motorsports

One thing you might want to do is, if you buy the car, ask if the window regulators have been upgraded. If not, buy a pair of the window fix-it thingies for ~$16 and install them. (I wouldn't let this affect my purchase decision in any way.)

seems like a great buy, grab it :smile:

Back