• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1993 nsx factory "security" system

My '93 NSX has a secuity button on inside driver door. I have never used it and am curoius how to "arm" the system. I only have original keys which do not have a "remote" feature. Can anyone advise how to activate the system? I suspect it may be too old or non-functional. Anyway to test? There are many after-market alarms available- including those with a GPS Lastly other than crappy cup holder :mad:there is no power steering. Wonder if a power steering pump can be added?:confused:?:confused:?:confused:? Suggests welcome.:cool:

Reply to [email protected]

Robert
:biggrin:
Ft Lauderdale, Fl

11/5/2020

To arm the system, you have to make sure all latches are closed (hood, trunk, etc), close the door and lock the car with the key. There is a switch inside the door latch that will send the arm signal to the system. If it arms, the "security" LED in the door should start blinking. You cannot add a power steering pump to the NSX. It may be possible to convert your car to power steering using the NSX electric power steering rack. If you want to do that, you should talk to [MENTION=15998]d1 guy[/MENTION]. It's not gonna be cheap.

>I suspect it may be too old or non-functional.

Quite possible as the door lock switch seems to stop making proper contact. You might have to "over torque" the key into the lock position to get the system to arm.

>Anyway to test?

Yes, there is a large grey connector on the passenger side under the glove box...there are a few quick check connections.

The 2002+ ETM has a full diagnosis tree for the Security Control Unit (same as all NSXs, some wire color changes though), but the first place to start is the door lock switch as that seems to go bad first.

Last edited:
Back