• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1995 NSX Midnight Pearl, LoveFab Turbo JH4NA1183ST000670

8/31/07 Update!

I'm sorry, but my 1995 Midnight Pearl is no longer for sale with the built motor, turbo setup, brakes or suspension. I have transplanted these items into my project car and will be replacing these components with refreshed components from my project car into my 95 Midnight Pearl.

The engine that will replace the built engine will be a refreshed 1992 transplant(but with 1995 EFI components). If someone wishes to alter the compression of the engine, NOW IS THE TIME. I will rebuild the engine with customer-spec compression pistons for an additional $1,500.00 if there is interest within three weeks of this post. If I hear nothing by then, the engine will be rebuilt using factory components.

I plan on building a custom LoveFab exhaust for the car along with 97+ factory headers. The 02 conversion will remain, so externally, the car will remain as pictured above. The car will be factory-like in power and appearance unless the customer decides to alter the engine build. I can also offer a discounted turbo system if anyone is interested.

I would like to start the price at $34,995.00 for the factory spec rebuilt engine.

-----------------------------------------

Original ad on 8/17/07:

I am selling my gorgeous Midnight Pearl 1995 NSX as I am in the process of purchasing an earlier NSX coupe for an upcoming “project”. The odometer reads 115,XXX miles but a large majority of the mechanical portions of the car have been replaced and or upgraded which are highlighted below.

The car is 100% accident free throughout it’s 12 year history, however, I did hit a possum while on a NSX group-drive at highway speeds. It caused enough minor front end damage to warrant me jumping up to the 2002+ update. I still have all of the slightly damaged factory parts, which can be included in the sale if the buyer wishes.

Earlier this year, the car put down 553whp/397wtq on a Mustang dyno that is dubbed as "the heartbreaker" because of its low number readings. The car was built to have the perfect mix of street and road course qualities - a 10 second quarter mile candidate with very stock-like streetability and crisp road-course capable handling.

I have an entire folder of maintenance work performed prior to my ownership. However, most if-not all of that work has been superseded by my own work and modifications. All modifications were performed without permanently modifying, cutting, or drilling into the car’s chassis. All modifications that are present are tasteful and purposeful.

So without further ado, here is the extensive modification list:

Jim Elkins Fully-built Engine:

Oliver Titanium Rods
Wiseco pistons
Sleeved and O-ringed block, stock 3.0 liter bore
Balanced and blueprinted assembly in the STRICTEST of cleanliness and tolerances
Cometic headgaskets
Science of Speed valves, 1mm oversized intake
Supertech dual valve springs. Titanium retainers
Gaskets all replaced
Block was built to easily withstand 1000whp with racegas.
4000 miles on the block. 600 miles on the newly refreshed cylinder heads.

LoveFab Custom Turbo system:

Garrett GT42R ball bearing turbo
Custom LoveFab Dual-core intercooler
Custom Magnaflow exhaust and custom 4” straight exhaust
RC 1000cc injectors
MSL Engine management with nearly two years worth of fine tuning for this setup
Dual Walbro 255lph In-tank pumps
-8AN feed lines and -6AN return lines for plenty of fuel capacity
4000 miles on this turbo setup with no issues whatsoever
The GT42R turbo will support nearly 1200whp on race-gas (with larger injectors).

Vehicle modifications:

Enkei RP-F1 17”/18” combo wheels with Yokohama ES-100 tires in 205/17/40R and 275/30/18R sizes. 90% tread left

K-Sport coilovers – these are stiff and I still do have the factory suspension

Stoptech front big brake kit w/ stainless lines on all 4 corners – this is VERY MUCH needed with this much power

2002+ headlight conversion with Cantrell GT wide fenders, GT Front bumper, and Type-R style vented hood.

30,000 mile 5 speed transmission, NOT in snap ring range

Exedy Hyper single dual-plate clutch. New disks being installed.

JDM Nav-pod with boost and AFR gauges very nicely installed

Known problems with the car:

Seats are pinholed from my friend’s cat. These are in the process of being replaced (I can get any color the buyer wants if an offer is made within a week!).

CD changer quit working – it didn’t bother me, there is plenty of music about 12” behind the driver’s head.

This is a 115,000 mile car so there are some small nicks and scratches here and there. There are NO DENTS or door dings whatsoever on the car, only some minor scratches from one of the previous owners. Otherwise the paint is in EXCELLENT shape and looks like new from only a small distance away.

I’m very forthcoming about what I sell. If you have ANY questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

I’m sure there are more modifications that I will list later on if I found that I have forgotten to mention them. The engine and turbo system built to this caliber as a pair retails for $35,000.00 WITHOUT labor. In essence, you will be getting the best Forced Induction modifications available along with a free NSX.

I will be replacing the clutch discs with brand new Exedy components prior to the sale of the car. The replacement parts are here will be installed the week of August 20th. As it sits, the clutch holds 14psi just fine (550whp), but has seen plenty of use and I would feel better if it was refreshed prior to the new owner taking delivery.

Terms of Sale:

I can perform a one time “touchup tune” for the perspective buyer incase the car will be driven in elevations or extreme temperatures that the car may not quite be setup for. Travel and lodging will have to be taken care of by the buyer, but I offer my services for free.

I would like to receive $49,900.00 for arguably one of the top five fastest streetable NSX’s in the world – and definitely the fastest in the rare Midnight Pearl stable to my knowledge.

Pictures below:

nsxfrontsmall.jpg

nsxbacksmall.jpg

YouTube videos below:

Dyno Video:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p_qBo91HIcE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p_qBo91HIcE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

1/8th Mile video:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5kOAgS4iL6k"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5kOAgS4iL6k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Please do not hesitate to call or email me at the info below:

231 499 3912

[email protected]

Or simply send me a PM for more information.

Back