• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1998 NA2 Coupe full refresh adventures

That whistle noise was coming from the alternator. A fresh new one is in (got it from Amayama in just 1 week), the old one is out (and will be either repaired and kept as spare, or sold as is) and the noise is gone. Good thing I could catch it early as my battery (lightweight LiFePo) is not cheap at all...

Ohlins DFV FPSpëc (GT spec) are on along with Carbon6 rear XP toe links. Initial impressions from my drive back home (mostly highway) is much better comfort over small bumps (bridge expansion joints used to send shock waves into my spine, now they feel smooth..), and probably better control over bigger bumps.

Ride height has been adjusted to OEM Type S specs and geometry was done too. I'll see if I can retain my front spoiler lip a bit longer, or need to get a lift system, as my garage ramp kills it every time.

LED headlights are in too along with the custom 3D printed vented cups. Really nice difference coming from the old halogens :)

So what is the Miata door panel repair you speak of?
Ahah I think you are mixing up the legendary Mazda roadster with Mita Motorsports here ;) They provide a repair kit for NSX door panels that are notorious for broken plastic tabs:

Ohlins DFV FPSpëc (GT spec) are on along with Carbon6 rear XP toe links. Initial impressions from my drive back home (mostly highway) is much better comfort over small bumps (bridge expansion joints used to send shock waves into my spine, now they feel smooth..), and probably better control over bigger bumps.

Ride height has been adjusted to OEM Type S specs and geometry was done too. I'll see if I can retain my front spoiler lip a bit longer, or need to get a lift system, as my garage ramp kills it every time.

LED headlights are in too along with the custom 3D printed vented cups. Really nice difference coming from the old halogens :)
Pictures or it didn’t happen 🙈😂😂

I'm sure some people will shine in on the comparison with KW V3, I have not tried them myself (yet).

On another note the front lip is still too low for my garage ramp. I'll have to get a lift system somehow if I want to get something nice and keep it in one piece.

It's a shared underground garage though, with an automatic door that is just where the ramp starts.. so I have no choice there. Also where I live just having a park spot is a very rare and expensive commodity. I'll get my own house (and own garage with no ramp) if I become a millionaire somehow as prices are not going down...

Found someone who could repair the pinhole leak on my front SOS headers. Given the front cross member has to be removed, and the supporting brace too, I get to pay 600€ for that soldering job (cannot be done without removing the part). Not fun.

Also going to send my CCU to mr. Heineken in Germany for capacitor repair :) Hopefully I can get cold air from my AC again because summer heat just hit a few days ago, and it's brutal. Removing the center console is not really fun either...

CCU was repaired by @Heineken in record time, such a great job with a very damaged board, and one that was repaired once before too !
i-MqB9KB9-X4.jpg

Then Carbon6 rear XP toe links and Ohlins DFV mounted:
i-TVx72mt-X4.jpg

Managed to get a shot of my Toda high flow cats:
i-jCH77n9-X4.jpg

Also restored my door panels to pristine condition, most tabs were broken, rusty screws were used in some places.. All proper OEM screws now, with a fresh barrier, butyl rope, and the Mita Motorsports renovation kits were all installed.

Before:
i-5NBhB5d-X2.jpg

Yummy :)
i-fG4bsHz-X2.jpg

Door all cleaned up from that sticky vomit:
i-nKDnWCJ-X2.jpg

And with the new barrier installed:
i-RHqhjd8-X2.jpg

Much cleaner :)

Didnt have enough time to do the window rails renovation, next time...

Managed to put that rear deck spoiler, with carbon fiber finish to complement my Downforce NSX-R wing:
i-wn9X7Hd-X4.jpg

really complements the wing.

And here it is, almost ready to go to Austria for the 2023 NSXCE tour. That's today, and my front lip decided to finally give up the ghost. Duct tape repairs were in order as I have no time now, and I didnt plan to order a new lip before getting a lift system anyway..
Tried it on the twisties around here, I'll need to stiffen the rear dampers...
i-XvGkqf5-X4.jpg

I have my rear shocks at middle of range of turns

try front at same clicks, report back..

Thanks :) That was in Austria. In now 3 weeks see you in Italy !
I really need a new front lip... But I need to install that lift system first or it will get destroyed as well. It's in the works, new center console has to go in first so I can install the lift system button. It's not yet the end of the rabbit hole of NSX restomod !

Back