• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 Kaiser Silver/Onyx NSX-T, 6-sp, 37k miles, So Cal, #JH4NA2168XT000207

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the bug has bitten me again and after 3.5 years it's time to move on to another low-slung mid-engined sportscar... :biggrin:

Going to be hard to see it go, so many good memories, but my 1999 Kaiser Silver/Onyx NSX-T is officially for sale. Thought I'd list it exclusively for fellow Prime fans first prior to hitting up eBay/AutoTrader/etc next week.

Major car details:
-1999 NSX-T
-No accidents, No paint work, No door dings. Flawless.
-37,150 miles on the clock currently.
-30k mile service completed by AutoWave previously.
-6-speed manual transmission
-Comptech Cold Air Intake (washable filter element)
-Comptech Sport Exhaust.
-Bilstein dampers.
-17/18 Volk GT-C Wheels.
-Brand new rear tires, fronts approximately 80% life left.
-Medium pro-level tint on side/rear windows.
-Battery replaced as a part of routine maintenance in 05.
-2nd owner, purchased with 18k miles on the clock in early '03 from Marin Acura.
-No maintenance performed or needed besides routine oil changes and 30k major service. Car is more bulletproof than an Accord.
-Car is located in Irvine California (Orange County).

-Price is $48,500 Firm.

Due to the rarity of the car (1 of less than 40 manufactured that year in this color, and 1 of 227 total NSXs in '99) I expect a strong response. If you're just a fan looking for photos, please pull them out of the ones below until I update the thread with the car being sold, then feel free to email me for the large pics. Also, please don't PM me. Instead use my email address to express interest in purchasing the car ([email protected]). For generic questions, or questions from non-buyers, please post in this thread instead, just so I can keep track of everything. :redface:

Note: There will be no white-knuckle stunt car test drives allowed. This car is cherry and I intend to keep it that way regardless of how long it may take to sell it as I'm in no hurry. Test drive speeds will be kept below 80mph on the freeway, and within 10mph of posted limits on side streets. No test drives without myself in the passenger seat will be permitted, nor will any high rpm drop-clutch launches or other heavy wear & tear actions be allowed during the drives. Go thrash on another NSX, this one is off limits. :wink:

Sorry to sound harsh, but the car has been well taken care of and I won't permit any sort of abuse during it's final days with me. I owe that much to whomever becomes the next owner.

Comments:
Exterior: As I mentioned, it's flawless in terms of any noticeable dings or chips. The front bumper has the usual small rock chips that all sportscars get, they tend to disappear after a good detailing thanks to the Kaiser Silver color. Not sure what else to say here, nothing comes to mind as the car's exterior is as sharp as the day I bought it.

Interior: Also flawless, save for the usual small scuffs and the like on the leather surfaces where arms/feet tend to fall. Usual bolster wear on the driver's seat, though likely somewhat minimized versus the norm for an NSX this age due to weekly lexol treatments the entire time I've owned the car. Radio/HVAC/electronics all 100% operational, nothing even slightly malfunctioning or in need of service.

Engine/Transmission: Clutch never slips (I heel/toe on all downshifts and accordingly get about 65,000 - 85,000 miles out of my manual transmission cars before needing to replace a clutch). Syncros/gears all fine, no crunching between shifts, etc. A bulletproof clutch/tranny are the result of the car never experiencing tire-burning high wheelspin launches. Big no-no in my book, outgrew that nonsense in high school. ;)

That's about it, here are a few pics and feel free to run it through Car Fax. Have nothing left to say besides a big thank you to Mr. Honda for producing such a reliable, fun, and downright practical sportscar.

Attachments

• 100_0072.jpg
    100_0072.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,140
  • 100_0082.jpg
    100_0082.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 716
  • 100_0057.jpg
    100_0057.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 667
  • 100_0055.jpg
    100_0055.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 482
  • 100_0060.jpg
    100_0060.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 425
  • 100_0117.jpg
    100_0117.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,000
  • 100_0120.jpg
    100_0120.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_0123.jpg
    100_0123.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 232
  • 100_0124.jpg
    100_0124.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 578
Re: 1999 Kaiser Silver/Onyx NSX-T, 6-sp, 37k miles, So Cal, #JH4NA2168T000207

the arm rest seems to have several scratches-- or is that sunlight reflecting through-

I am located in atlanta, GA.

are you able to arrange shipping? or at least assist me in arranging it from that side of the country?

I am highly interested but need to speak with my accountant first. most likely by the end of the week..
I will get back to you once i determine the interest rate on he balance that i do not finance and speak to him....

thanks

I noticed that the sunlight is creating a lot of strange things on the interior, sorry about that but I have little to no experience in photography at all.

Not sure about shipping, but if it were me I'd want to arrange it myself to ensure a proper carrier that meets my needs. I've never used one personally so I'm not sure of a recommendation, but maybe a post on Prime's general board can help narrow down your search.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can connect via phone.

Thanks

Wow the mods are really behind on approving posts in this section, makes me wish sellers could just pay $50 or so to Prime for the service and get instant approval...

In any case to all potential buyers, PM me or email me at [email protected] as there's no point in posting as your comments here because they can't be answered/addressed for a week at least (the delay in your initial post being approved, then the delay in my response being approved).

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back