• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 NSX Zanardi Edition for Sale - $54,000

Try this test sometime. Get into a conversation about your car. The person can not have ever seen the car. Talk awhile about it or whatever then ask them to guess the color. 9 out of 10 guess the 'common' red. YAWN.

Anyone who yawns at a red NSX is not worth conversing with.
biggrin.gif

Anyone have any clue as to how much it would cost to professionally paint a stock NSX in the Imola Orange Pearl S-Zero color??

I believe most full-car paint jobs cost anywhere from $4K to $8K.

I believe that RJ DeVera is the person that is behind the wide-body Imola Orange NSX. He had a minor role in the Fast and Furious and has a Motegi line of whiles with his name on them (Ro Ja). This was the same burgundy wide-body NSX that made the rounds at all the car shows not too long ago.

I heard that he recently changed it to Imola Orange. I'll try to get some pics from him.

Interesting subject that has been debated here before. My NSX is red/black and I have no regrets. The view from the drivers seat with the red fenders, mirrors, and spoiler(in the review mirror) is awsome. I test drove a black/black and a black/ivory and was not impressed. Personally I think Acura's 2-tone interior approach does not look good, and white carpeting is not a rational decision anywhere. I have to admit that I have seen some wonderful looking photos of black NSXs posted on this site, but when viewed in person the black color hides the lines of the car. The black is obviously more stealthy (draws less attention, turns fewer heads) than the red which has it's advantages and disadvantages. If it doesn't attract the cops attention, it won't attract most peoples. The reason red/black is more common is simply because more people like it. For those that make the claim of 'rarity', it is fine as long as it is what appeals to the individual. Owning something purely for rarity does not make sense. If Acura made a one-only NSX with an automatic on the column and a bench seat, maybe someone would buy it but I wouldn't (regardless of color). I would consider a black/black, but only because I think it would be the easiest to repaint to a different color (orange, yellow, etc), but I haven't convinced myself that I could live with the repaint. The beauty of the situation is that we all get to make our own personal choices without having to justify our decision to anyone but ourselves. All this said, I have to admit I would like to own an early model silver/black coupe, top painted silver, with red seats and late model wheels. Just my opinion.
bill

[This message has been edited by bill (edited 16 August 2001).]

I recently saw Wayne's new RED 2001 NSX-T
with TAN interior. With the top off, it's the most beautiful combo I have seen yet. It was next to a RED F355 with tan interior, and the similarity was obvious. In person that RED/TAN combo looks very exotic and after seeing it, my next one may be just that.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 16 August 2001).]

I'll have to agree w/ Ilya on this....the Red/Tan combo looks magnifique! Sort of like Ferrari, but I think we can all live with that comparison.

Its unfortunate the red/tan combo wasn't offered until '94...I wonder how much it'd cost to redo the entire NSX interior?

Its unfortunate the red/tan combo wasn't offered until '94...

...but it's a good thing the equally gorgeous red/ivory combo was available before that, particularly with the ivory floormats with the red embroidered NSX logo.

Hey Stew, thanks for your reply. I've got one more question. The zanardi is 1/2 inch lower than the standard models. Is this noticeable? Can you visually see this 1/2 inch difference? Thanks.

Ryan

Well, 1/2 inch is 1/2 inch! I haven't seen a Zanardi right next to a non-Zanardi, but don't believe that 1/2 inch will be all that noticeable. I don't think I'd want the car much lower than it is now since the front already occassionally scrapes against the ground.

Personally, I think you can tell a 1/2". It makes a big difference if you go with larger wheels. It can change your NSX from a 4x4 look to a race car look.

Thank you NSXPRIME. The car was sold and picked up three days after the ad was placed. NSXPRIME was the only site where the ad was posted. Hmmm, maybe the price was too low?

Originally posted by akira3d:
Actually, when I bought my NSX, most guessed incorrectly. They expected black, not red.

That's because they thought you were a class act
biggrin.gif

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Originally posted by JChoice:
I believe that RJ DeVera is the person that is behind the wide-body Imola Orange NSX. He had a minor role in the Fast and Furious and has a Motegi line of whiles with his name on them (Ro Ja). This was the same burgundy wide-body NSX that made the rounds at all the car shows not too long ago.

I heard that he recently changed it to Imola Orange. I'll try to get some pics from him.

JChoice,

Are you sure RJ changed it to Imola Orange? His NSX is on the cover of the October issue of Import Racer. The pics in the article still show it to be candy red. Also, it was at the Nisei Week Car Show & Carnival last month. Here are pics from the show:

widebody_red.jpg

widebody_red1a.jpg

rj_widebody_red.jpg

Jim,

I emailed him right after I posted that and he told me that it was still burgundy with more pearl in it so you are right - it's not orange.

-Justin

I dont know that i like the wide body kit. I think it makes the car look fat... needs a diet. I read that issues and that car is pretty amazing. And the kid who owns it is only 20... hmm.. i must be doing something wrong!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Car colors show the personality of the driver. Black shows refinement and civility. Red shows charisma and conservatism (well thats what I heard). Yellow shows a wild streak. However with NSX owners I have no idea. I own a blk/blk NSX and have met four other guys in my area with a black NSX. All of us have very different personalities. Todd however is just insane. Use extreme caution when you approach him.

Blade

Back