• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1999 Yellow COUPE

See my post #5 above. After spending a couple of hours with this car and assessing the damage and more importantly the quality of repairs, the only thing I would do with this car is make a dedicated track or race car out of it. If you must have it as a street car, figure a $20k-$23K purchase price plus $5k+ readjustments and painting. That would elevate it to a fair market level. It is no surprise that in over SIX ebay auctions, the car never went over the low $20k's. My 2c

I think what gets me on this example is when it was first offered in CA, then moved to FL. In FL it was offered for $XXxxx amount (in the $30's) then when it did not move it was re-listed with a HIGHER asking/BIN price as if the value mysteriously increased due to non-sale. It's now been re-listed on Eb*y so many times it appears to be an also-ran. Truly a shame. The history on it seems to suck any enthusiasm right out of it... and just my .02

From what I have heard, EPS doesn't provide an assist above 35mph.
Not sure why this is an issue for you. I suppose you could put a manual rack into it but it seems like those are scarce now.

To me it's just another unnecessary component that will eventually fail. I'd prefer not to have ABS/TCS either, but those were included in all NSX's so I didn't have much choice. My opinion is NSX never needed power assist steering except maybe for the elderly or teenage girls that don't even pump their own fuel.

Next thing you know it'll show up for sale with a "washed" title.

This is not the American Honda photo car used for the brochures or the magazine. That was a 1998 Yellow Coupe.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Media/magazines/sci1298-f.jpg

Really want to see the new NSX in Yellow with a black roof.

That 1998 is a great car and one very fast NSX. It's belongs to the perfect guy because he can really wring out on the 1/4 mile what it has to offer. FYI He does about a second faster in the 1/4 mile than THEY did in the test shown in the link. He's posted his time slips here in the past to prove it.
It is the fastest NA NSX I have driven and I have driven scores of them.

Last edited:
That 1998 is a great car and one very fast NSX. It's belongs to the perfect guy because he can really wring out on the 1/4 mile what it has to offer. FYI He does about a second faster in the 1/4 mile than THEY did in the test shown in the link. He's posted his time slips here in the past to prove it.
It is the fastest NA NSX I have driven and I have driven scores of them.

Interesting, Tsuchiya is always talking about how fast the press cars were.

Next thing you know it'll show up for sale with a "washed" title.

Maybe another reason why it's in Florida right now.

Someone should probably bite the bullet and save this car.

If it did not have a salvage title it probably would have sold in the neighborhood of $50k in 1 day.. That is a very desirable year, but Salvage title really hurts the collect ability in a big way.

Back