• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1st NSX & Friends canyon drive on a RESERVED road on 11/10/06

OK, looks like everything is set for tomorrow.

Again, please drive at the speed limit when you approach the track. You don't want to get a speeding ticket before the event. You'll have plenty of time to speed on the track.

Please go through the check list and the track driving 101 docs that I've forwarded to you all. If you didn't get them, please PM me and I'll be happy to resend to you. It is important to read through it before you go to bed tonight.

Get a good night sleep and have a safe drive out to the track tomorrow. It should look a little like this tomorrow may be with a few more cars. :biggrin:
3710IMG_1230_cut.JPG

What frequency are we using on our club radios?

I can meet you at the 5/710 interchange. Please give me a call on my cell phone. I PM'd you
thanks,
ryan

Chris, THANKS FOR PUTTING ON A FIRST CLASS EVENT!! You and Patrick did a great job, glad Ryan and I could lend a hand. A good time was had by all but we need to get this counter clockwise thing down :biggrin: We thank you for the hours and hours you put into this, GREAT JOB! Thanks :smile:

Had a blast on my first track event.
Thank you Chris for doing this!
A big thanks also to my instructor Aaron, the very fast driver in the white S2000, who had the balls to ride with me on the track. I learned a lot from Nimbus!
Thanks to all the organizers and instructors.
Great to see the primers again and meeting new ones.
My first track event was very positive.
Hope everyone had a safe drive home.
Bring on the pictures Randy and Eric!

Perry

I had a great time. Chris, everything was great!!! I had a blast for first experience on Streets. Thanks Craig for showing me a sweet track line. The entire day went smooth for me. :)

And dinner afterwards was relaxing and we had great conversation!

But boy, that traffic going home really sucked!! Conrad and I just got back in to San Diego. The Grapevine at the I-15/I-215 split was backed up for miles. Someone apparently had the immense wisdom to shut down I-15 after the merge to do work all weekend and started it before Friday afternoon was even over.

Hopefully I can get pics up soon. I just don't have my computer with me for the weekend. I'll try to find alternative avenues.

-Randy

Chris,
Thanks for the well organized event, it was a blast! It was my first time out in the Integra and with Marc (NSXTC) instructing, I found the correct line and quickly learned how tossable this car is. I heard that is was a leaning machine and someone has pics to prove it :biggrin: (next is suspension and R compound tires)

Take care,
John :biggrin:

PS- The next one is Feb/March 2007, right :smile:

BTW, I started a picture thread to put all of all pics and vids in HERE

This is the first track event that I know everyone there. I totally enjoyed the comaraderie!! I was exhausted from pushing the razor scooter all day yesterday. But I still managed 100 track miles yesterday. :wink: :biggrin:

It was truly a learning experience to putting events together. Thanks for Anytime for sharing your experience!

For those that have missed the event, we ran clockwise in the morning. With 5 first timers and most people in group B was driving the Streets for the first time, we kept the same direction in the afternoon for the group B drivers.

To maximize the fun factor for the more experienced drivers, we ran the group A CCW in the afternoon. It made me nervous running 2 directions in the afternoon, but we pulled it off. I don't think I'll do it again though. :redface:

Looked like everyone had a good time. A great big thank you to all the instructors for volunteering their time to show the group B drivers the lines!

Randy and Conrad, sounds like you had a ride from hell on your way back. You probably be able to make it back faster going 5 all the way down to SD.

I also had a blast on my first track event ever (even after the car alarm was acting up). My shift warning light/buzzer was active :biggrin: :biggrin:
Thanks to Chris and all the guys for organizing this event. Big thanks to Marc (yellow NSX) for being so patient w/ the alarm issue.

Jeff

I totally agree with everyone else, we all had a great time :biggrin: . Let's do this again. It was great fun meeting other NSX owners and driving with them on the track. I especially want to thank Chris for setting this whole event up, you did a great job.

Thanks again,
Bob

Great time!

I had a great time helping out Tony, Dave, and Eric. Thanks Chris for having Patrick and I along for the event.

I took a few nice pix... I'll try to upload them to a photo site. Chris already has copies of mine on his laptop.

Attachments

• nsx1.JPG
    nsx1.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 81
Great time guys! Thanks to Chris and everyone who worked on the event. Good job goes out to my student Jeff(Racerxjling) He did a great job despite a frustrating morning(alarm issues). All the newbies did an excellent job running in a safe and fun event.
Chris-when is the next event?
Mark stepp

Chris, fantastic event! I can't imagine how much time it took you to get this thing organized.

I drove solid 6 30 minute sessions. I am so exhausted at the end of the last session that I can barely move. But it was such a great feeling, I feel that I know and learned to handle the car alot better.

Thanks to all the instructors and everyone that helped organized the event. Especially my instructor Jeff. All the valuable advice and tips.

Can't wait til the next one, open session all day (buffet style!) :)

Thanks a million for putting this together Chris...you and Patrick pulled off a flawless event. Heck, you even got the weather to be perfect. I can't imagine how it could have been any better. And the quality of the people from instructors to participants was top notch. Thanks Jeff for all of the pointers...you got me up to speed quickly so that I felt comfortable out there on my own.

I was really glad we stopped for dinner in Palmdale...I had no problems with traffic on the way home.

I'll try to get through my pictures and post them sometime early in the week.

I slept ten hours last night...and only woke up because the painters rang our doorbell this morning. My arms and back a are a little stiff...this "canyon drive" really gave me and my car a good workout. Though I was too exhausted to run in my final session, I clocked over 110 track miles (of course, Jeff put a session worth on there too).

Re: Great time!

MR2FF_Jeff said:
I took a few nice pix... I'll try to upload them to a photo site. Chris already has copies of mine on his laptop.

Jeff, welcome to the prime forum! Eric and Dave kept talking about how much you helped them during dinner time. Thank you! And thanks for the photo downloads! I have 1200+ photos downloaded to my laptop from you, Randy, Scott and Si.

John has already started a photo/video thread here

Chris:

Great day at Streets. I shot in car video from the Pantera that I will mail to your home. Perhaps you know how to post video?

Thanks to all my NSX friends and sharing the track with an ex-NSX'er. I must say, after seeing 25 NSX's all at one track I miss my '99 spa yellow. Oh well, it's in good hands with Ramon at Laguna Motors. Looking forward to another day of racing.

Oligo said:
I must say, after seeing 25 NSX's all at one track I miss my '99 spa yellow. Oh well, it's in good hands with Ramon at Laguna Motors.

Steve, I was at Ramon's a couple of weeks ago and he said you visit your car at his shop all the time. I have a feeling that you will soon get another one. :smile:

Cdub + Co...this was a first class event with an abundance track time and a great group of drivers. CCW was actually quite entertaining, especially the late braking from the front straight onto the skid pad. I've been out to 5 track events this year with all the local groups but this one was absolutely TOPS!

Can't wait for the next one...thanks again!

Mike

Last edited:
Chris,

Thanks for a great day at the track. I had an exceptional time learning how to speed around the streets. Thanks to my instructor, Craig, for giving me great information on running the track. It was also nice seeing the NSX guys again. Next time think about inviting Kswift and his bikini crew to spice up the infield.

Rod

I apologize for posting this weeks after the event.

But I'd like to send a big THANK YOU to Chris and everyone else who assisted Chris in making this event a fun and SAFE one! Thanks Chris!!!

It was great seeing everyone again!

It looks like a second one has been planned, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. :(

--Conrad

Back