• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

20 inch rims?

Why would you want rims that big? If you want a 4 x 4 look.

Your car might look like this on the road...if that's the style you like :)

Oh, and consider the higher price of tires replacement everytime :)

4733d1367903618-worst-mods-ever-2012_-_chevrolet_camaro_aro_32.jpg

Last edited:
My friend wants me to put 20's on my X. Can you guys tell me how dumb that would look and how bad it would make the car?

If you still have your OEM brake disks, look at them and then imagine the 20 inch rims. It will give you the right answer ;-)

I have never heard of a 19" or 20" front tire size that won't rub and that won't cause problems with the NSX's traction control system.

As for looks, ask yourself how you like this:

I have never heard of a 19" or 20" front tire size that won't rub and that won't cause problems with the NSX's traction control system.

As for looks, ask yourself how you like this:

That's baller

here is an actual picture of a 19/20 on craigslist. It looks pretty ugly in my opinion :) From low profile to a high profile car now LOL.

3G43sb3H75Ie5Hb5M3d69150b07b4359c1419.jpg

3Eb3t23J75r65Kb5s8d69b3fbe8d0ac5e1832.jpg

Last edited:
The only way I feel 20's would look right is if you had a widebody kit installed on the car.

here is an actual picture of a 19/20 on craigslist. It looks pretty ugly in my opinion :) From low profile to a high profile car now LOL.

3G43sb3H75Ie5Hb5M3d69150b07b4359c1419.jpg

3Eb3t23J75r65Kb5s8d69b3fbe8d0ac5e1832.jpg

No offense to the OP but that just looks weird. The NSX isn't Cadi. Its a sports car.

Just tape some hula hoops to the wheel and you'll get the same look...

The only way I feel 20's would look right is if you had a widebody kit installed on the car.

Not even then. They still look weird.

And Tbreezy, that's just the looks. Never mind how it will absolutely ruin the car's suspension and performance.

your friend is a feminine hygiene product....

Not even then. They still look weird.

And Tbreezy, that's just the looks. Never mind how it will absolutely ruin the car's suspension and performance.

Which I remember this guy has a 19/20 inch setup with a widebody. This is the car that popped into my head when this thread first started. I think this car looks awesome with the big ass wheels.images.jpg

An NSX is not a regular car to throw on any wheels, ESPECIALLY 20" all around.
First, you have to preserve the rake stance:

15/16, 16/17, 17/17 (no rake), and lastly 18/19 is the biggest size you can do.

Start here for some ideas:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/46639-Ultimate-NSX-wheel-guide!

I agree to this. You definitely cannot put 20's all around. NOT going to happen. The rake stance DEFINITELY has to be paid attention to. However, to the OP I'd have to say that saying it would "make the car bad" is only opinion. Not everyone uses the car for the same reasons. I have 20 inch rears and to me mine isn't "bad" at all. It's awesome for ME and my use. I have ran my set up for two years with no issues, no rubbing etc...Just my 2 cents.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, I like how the rears look here:cool:

Last edited:
These wheels came with the car I purchased. I think it'll look awesome if I painted them gunmetal or black.

19_zps3d440fb8.jpg

photo_zps00735be4.jpg

24_zpsc7c531c0.jpg

19/20
Do you have any side shots/LFT-RT of this?
With most rims starting at 19's plus, 19/20 may be an option for NSX guys going for looks vs performance.
On coil-overs it may not look so bad. More pics please.
How is it in turns, does it scrape/rub at anytime?

Do you have any side shots/LFT-RT of this?
With most rims starting at 19's plus, 19/20 may be an option for NSX guys going for looks vs performance.
On coil-overs it may not look so bad. More pics please.
How is it in turns, does it scrape/rub at anytime?

They do not rub or scrape. It's on Tein coilovers. No TCS light. Not using any spacers. I haven't taken any new photos yet. Some of the old photos:

The wheels are for sale if anybody is interested. :wink:

Which I remember this guy has a 19/20 inch setup with a widebody. This is the car that popped into my head when this thread first started. I think this car looks awesome with the big ass wheels.View attachment 102941

Actually, that's incorrect. Being in Houston, I've seen this car and met the owner several times. His set up was 18/19.

Back