• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

20 October ALMS - Laguna Seca Update

tk

Experienced Member
The email with instructions on how to purchase tickets for the Acura hospitality tent and NSX Corral at the Monterey Sports Car Championship (Laguna Seca) has been sent to everyone that I have a valid email address for in the NW and SW regions that was a club member the 1st of March. I have had about 10 rejects so far and I expect more in the next day or two. I also have 40 some members with no email addresses. If you are interested in attending this event and you did not receive an email, contact me right away.

This should be a great event. We hope to see many of you there.

If you are a current member of the NSXCA and did not receive an email from us, PM tk with a good email address (not NSXPrime name) so we can get your the info.

Basic info on the event can be read here.

Tom Kohrs - NW Region Rep.
Heather Woodall - SW Region Rep.
NSXCA

Last edited:
Re: 20 October ALMS - Monterey Hotels

Any recommendations on accommodations?

Peter Frederiksen who is a local club member in Monterey sent me the following:

Just got the flyer from the race track for all the events. FYI, these are the "Hotel Partners."

Bernadus Lodge 1-888-648-9463 www.bernardus.com $275-$1890
Hilton Garden Inn 1-831-373-6141 monterey.stayhgi.com $229.$404 (AAA)
Marriott Monterey 1-831-649-4234 marriott.com/mryca $299-$339
Inns of Monterey 1-800-232-4141 innsofmonterey.com $215-$300
Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa 1-800-334-3999 woodsidehotels.com/monterey $315-$3200
Hyatt Regency Monterey 1-800-233-1234 monterey.hyatt.com $269-$528

Inns of Monterey is a group of motels. Also a zillion motels on Munras Avenue in Monterey. The ones on the flyer I listed above are pretty up-scale if that is what people want.
He also mentioned that the track is halfway between Salinas and Monterey, so hotels may be cheaper but just as accessable in Salinas. Just for the record, I am booked at the Days Inn for $143 per night.

Tom

Sent my request for tickets via Email and sent payment via Paypal.

Waiting for response.

Carlos

Tom,
Thanks for the detailed information.

I can't wait for this event!

I've sent my order via email and paid via PayPal today. WooHoo! Now, just need to find a place to stay that won't force to sell a kidney for a few nights of lodging. :smile:

Yeah, thx Tom for keeping us posted.

BTW, I just emailed my order and paid via PayPal. What would be cool is if we could get a group discount at a hotel/motel... Just a thought...

Yeah, thx Tom for keeping us posted.

BTW, I just emailed my order and paid via PayPal. What would be cool is if we could get a group discount at a hotel/motel... Just a thought...

At the coffee meet yesterday, a few leads were discussed but the effort is not fully coordinated. I believe most have been waiting for confirmation that they got the tickets before committing to accommodations.

Tom, thanks for the update.

I just order through email along with the payment info.

I am waiting for the response.

Cheers,

-Nat

At the coffee meet yesterday, a few leads were discussed but the effort is not fully coordinated. I believe most have been waiting for confirmation that they got the tickets before committing to accommodations.

I like the idea of having many of us stay in the same hotel. We can help each other w/ various items as needed if we are together...and having a nice row of NSXs parked together looks amazing.

I'm currently talking w/ Hilton National Sales regarding getting rooms for the event. They are setting me up w/ group quotes for different Hilton properties in the Monterey area. We would each have to book our own rooms, but under the group code, we would get a discount as long as we all stay at the same property.

Right now a good hotel that isn't booked up is the Hilton Garden Inn. I've read reviews on this hotel and they look good. It's only eight miles from the track, was recently renovated and has good parking. This is the first choice for the group rate. I've asked for 20 rooms (w/ the option to add more), hopefully they have availability.

If they have enough rooms, and once I get the quote, I'll update this thread.

Last edited:
I like the idea of having many of us stay in the same hotel. We can help each other w/ various items as needed if we are together...and having a nice row of NSXs parked together looks amazing.

I'm currently talking w/ Hilton National Sales regarding getting rooms for the event. They are setting me up w/ group quotes for different Hilton properties in the Monterey area. We would each have to book our own rooms, but under the group code, we would get a discount as long as we all stay at the same property.

Right now a good hotel that isn't booked up is the Hilton Garden Inn. I've read reviews on this hotel and they look good. It's only eight miles from the track, was recently renovated and has good parking. This is the first choice for the group rate. I've asked for 20 rooms (w/ the option to add more), hopefully they have availability.

If they have enough rooms, and once I get the quote, I'll post it here.

Thanks Nalesh for taking the time to set something up!!...:biggrin:

Tom, I am assuming we only get admittance to the Saturday Race plus Acura Hospitality Tent/NSX Corral can you confirm please?

I'm posting this from the website:http://www.laguna-seca.com/events/

One Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca event that has become a staple of the schedule is the American Le Mans Series finale. This four-hour Saturday afternoon-into-the-evening race showcases the world’s most exotic sports cars, many of which compete in the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans each year. With prototypes from manufacturers such as Audi, Mazda, Porsche, and Acura, and GT-class cars from Corvette, Aston-Martin, Porsche and Panoz, there is a car for everyone to root for at the Monterey Sports Car Championships. The action doesn’t stop on Saturday evening, however. The SCCA SPEED World Challenge GT and Touring classes highlight a full day of Sunday activities and fulfills its purpose of providing teams, manufacturers and aftermarket suppliers a competitive production-based race series in which to prove their products in addition to providing race fans with hotly contested races.

Last edited:
With any luck I am hoping to join in on the festivities to complete the American LeMans "triple play" after attending the opening race at Sebring and then Lime Rock this past weekend. I may be looking to "borrow" a passenger seat for the parade laps if there are any openings.

I'm planning on attending both Saturday & Sunday events. However, I was wondering if we'll be provided the NSX Corral for both days?

Does anyone know if there will be a professional photographer available to snap pics of us on turn "whatever"? (You guys know what turn I'm talking about.) It'd be cool to have a pic of me on that track. I don't know that I'd ever be on that track again (expensive) and even if I were to track the NSX there, I doubt there'd be a photographer available. This event sounds like it may be a possibility during our parade laps (if we are offered them).

J

Does anyone know if there will be a professional photographer available to snap pics of us on turn "whatever"? (You guys know what turn I'm talking about.) It'd be cool to have a pic of me on that track. I don't know that I'd ever be on that track again (expensive) and even if I were to track the NSX there, I doubt there'd be a photographer available. This event sounds like it may be a possibility during our parade laps (if we are offered them).

J

Great question J! I would love to know as well! :biggrin:

For those that have sent in their requests for tickets, we (Ken) are processing them now and sending out confirmations. The event at this point appears to be 85% to 90% sold. I will know once Ken digs through all of the faxes and USPS requests. I expect it will take Ken a few days to get through them all. If you sent in a request for tickets but do not receive a confirmation by Saturday, please PM me.

TK

I just received an update from the organizers. Corral parking will be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The hospitality tent will have 'content' (whatever that means) on Friday and Saturday only. The tent will still be up but will have no 'hospitality favors.'

tk

I just received an update from the organizers. Corral parking will be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The hospitality tent will have 'content' (whatever that means) on Friday and Saturday only. The tent will still be up but will have no 'hospitality favors.'

tk

Tom, thanks for checking. I can now rest at ease... :D

Also, since Seca is only about 90 minutes from where I live, I will be leaving early Sat. morning from San Jose to get in line before the gate opens (whenever that is). Anyone else that may be passing through San Jose early Sat. morning is welcome to join up with me.

In addition, if we can get a group discount might it be for only Saturday night? I'm not sure about others, but I only plan on staying overnight on Saturday evening in the Monterey area.

For those that have sent in their requests for tickets, we (Ken) are processing them now and sending out confirmations. The event at this point appears to be 85% to 90% sold. I will know once Ken digs through all of the faxes and USPS requests. I expect it will take Ken a few days to get through them all. If you sent in a request for tickets but do not receive a confirmation by Saturday, please PM me.

TK

Dang it, I should of joined earlier. :frown:

Tom, thanks for checking. I can now rest at ease... :D

Also, since Seca is only about 90 minutes from where I live, I will be leaving early Sat. morning from San Jose to get in line before the gate opens (whenever that is). Anyone else that may be passing through San Jose early Sat. morning is welcome to join up with me.

In addition, if we can get a group discount might it be for only Saturday night? I'm not sure about others, but I only plan on staying overnight on S

aturday evening in the Monterey area.

Gary , the boss an i will see you at 4:30 am . saturday nite,Hotel ,sounds like dinner out, great......:biggrin:

Gary , the boss an i will see you at 4:30 am . saturday nite,Hotel ,sounds like dinner out, great......:biggrin:

Bill,

Perhaps I can meet up with you in Danville before you head out ot meet up with Gary.

--Ryan

J

We did not have any photographers shooting us at Sebring or Lime Rock so I don't believe there will be one at Laguna. However, I may be "available" to shoot the parade laps since I am attending on an "extra ticket" provided by IMSA so that we New Yorkers who are coming do not impact the number of available tickets for our local members.

We did not have any photographers shooting us at Sebring or Lime Rock so I don't believe there will be one at Laguna. However, I may be "available" to shoot the parade laps since I am attending on an "extra ticket" provided by IMSA so that us New Yorkers who are coming do not impact the number of available tickets for our local members.

SWEET!!!

Back