• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 NSX for sale - price fair?

Is $109k reasonable for this car?

Probably a near high water mark for a pre-2002+ car. For me personally - too much money (almost silly auction money), although given the condition certainly should command a premium price. I think the seller is attempting to leverage the rising prices for these early cars and listing it high to test the waters. If he gets his price then his strategy was successful and he is the big winner.

If it is what you are looking for and you have $109k burning a hole in your pocket - then go for it

From your sig you have owned three NSX's already, so you should know exactly what you want this time around..... is this "THE ONE" you will keep and enjoy forever? If so, go for it.

It's beautiful, and finding another one like it may be near impossible.

It would appeal a whole lot more at 90K or 95K (and it is fall, not exactly sports car selling time). Work it hard!

(Would look nicer (to me, anyway) with 2002-newer tails and center Acura badging.)

Good luck :smile:

Gotta ask yourself why you are buying. If it's to drive, I'd look for a car with more mileage to hopefully offset the asking price. GPW is demanding a premium...do you absolutely want that color and nothing else? An NSX that's half the price of this example will be more than half the fun. If it's to store away, spring for a bar none collectible: Zanardi or import an NSX-R (road-legality is irrelevant).

Thank you all for your quick feedback. Although I've owned three NSXs, it's been a long time since I had one, I just retired this year, and I have the itch again.
No other car I've tried lately does it for me. I am making an assumption that First Gen NSX prices won't be going any lower, so purchasing now could be a good (and fun)
long-term investment, for the right car. I would use it like the others I have had: Pleasure use on nice days, NSX club events, the pleasure I get from maintaining
it myself, and so on. Eventually, when I am too old to care for it, I would hope to get a significant portion of my investment back, as I did on the other three.

As for a 2017, I don't know that I can do my own maintenance on such a complex car, and truly get it for tens of thousands off MSRP, and it'd be well past
when I'm gone that values would go back up. And I haven't been able to test drive one yet. Maybe I could rent in Vegas?

And finally, of course it's subjective, but the First Gen just looks more "pure" to me.

Last edited:
in my opinion the best model year and one of the best colors....so that is a low mileage 'best of the best' !

but for that coin I hope it comes with the trunk mat !!!

It looks like the lower half has the support brackets in black. It should be body color. I think that is what he is referring to.

No, actually they are body colored.

Although I hope the seller actually gets that price, it's helps all of our values if he does, I personally would never pay that much for an Nsx that you can find a very fine example of for half the price.

If I had that money to spend on an Nsx I'd get one for $50k and buy a slightly used Cayman or M4 to go with it.....or a boat and some jet skis.:biggrin:

2015_porsche_cayman-pic-180955666105315991-640x480.jpeg

attachment.php

Last edited:
91X - Where exactly can I find a "very fine example for half the price?" I'd be all over that!

I tested a 718 Cayman...it felt like I was sitting in a bathtub. I am spoiled by the NSX visibility.

Last edited:
No

Get a 2017 for $130k

Listen to Bob. In addition, if you're considering that kind of money for a 2000, just get a new one instead. Are you really going to drive that particular 2000 after you spent that much money on it?

I really hope it sale above 100k, for the rarity,colors etc. totally worth it for a collectors who appreciate the importance of the nsx in the scheme of sports car history
it will continue to climb in value 5-10 years from now

91X - Where exactly can I find a "very fine example for half the price?" I'd be all over that!

I tested a 718 Cayman...it felt like I was sitting in a bathtub. I am spoiled by the NSX visibility.

Obviously you won't find a white garage queen at that price, but there are some decent deals out there on some early model 91-94 (best years) coupes and some 97-98's with some miles on them for under $55k

I've got a beautiful black/black (wrapped white) 92 with a few miles that needs absolutely nothing I'd sell you for $55k :tongue:

5c87401b77e173a515197070ac15fc44.jpg

Last edited:
Based strictly on my price model, this car is about $20k overpriced. However, I could see it going into the mid-90s based on the "white tax" and the fact that white in later years is so uncommon. Assuming it is kept in its low mile state, this car has a strong appreciation potential.

Back