• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 NSX, good deal or bad deal?

I have found a 2000 NSX with 50,000 miles for $39,500. The catch is that the driver's side door panel was damaged in an accident, but it has been repaired. But the car is not salvage title. I am thinking that this a good way to buy a 6 speed, 3.2 L car. The car is about 2000 miles away. I am going to hire a inspection service to look at it. I'm a bit nervous about buying a car sight unseen. I am also a bit wary of buying a car that has been in an accident. I guess I could always fly out there and see it. I want to get more particulars about the accident and who repaired it. It seems that 2000-2001 cars are going for 45-60K.

Is this a good deal?

Any other tips for long distance transactions?

Thanks!
John

Price is right!:smile: If they did a REAL GOOD job of fixing it, that's a pretty damn good deal for a 2000 w/ 50k.

FWI: Payed $55k for my 2000 red/tan in SHOWROOM condition with 7k miles (two years ago).

Very reasonable price!

Agree that is a good price. Spend a little bit extra on the vehicle inspection though.

I would be VERY cautious. The car is marked down more than 10 grand below retail price. Have a PPI done and a long test drive. Best of luck!

i agree on da price is right. Just see how bad the damage was and if the frame was tweak or not. drive da car and see if there's any vibrations at speed of 65 and up. I would also see if there's any alignment issue.

The price is not right, imo. the seller is asking 39,500 for a 2000. Im sure there will be room to negotiate which makes this deal look either really good or really bad. If everything was fixed, and the seller has receipts and records of the repairs done, why would he/she still mark down the price so low?
If I had to pay to fix the car before i sold it, you betcha I would incorporate that bill to the sale price, not all of it of course, but enough so i dont take a big loss. Anyone catch my drift?

Make sure to run a carfax on it. About 2 years ago, I also looked at a 2000 Black/Black NSX but it has a california salvage title and heavy frame damage on the driver side. Back then the asking price was $36500. So just make sure that is not the same car.

Last edited:
You might want to take it to someone that knows a thing or two about NSX's, not just your everyday mechanic or dealership or inspect service.

Another suggestion is to post it here on Prime and see if a member can go out and take a look for you. It is done many times. Members here are very knowledgable and know what to look for. But you should still get a professional to inspect it also. It can't hurt to get more than one opinion.

Parts on this car are not cheap, and anything the inspector overlooks will come out of your pocket to fix.

Back